Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,601 members, 7,827,264 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians (13337 Views)

SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network / Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards / Sale Of Pre-Registered SIM Cards Booms Despite Arrests And Fines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 24, 2019
TriCee:
Seun keep the upgrade coming, we are waiting. Don't tell me you are done already, with the 'disarray' i'm seeing here

The update is still in process. This current template is just temporary. It will change in less than 2 weeks

1 Like

Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by b4nks: 4:57pm On Sep 24, 2019
Most SIM cards sold in the northern Nigeria are pre-registered. They even pretend to be registering the SIM card in your presence only to call people and true caller will tell them "Musa Ibrahim" is calling. I'm a victim lol
Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by ofakaga: 5:02pm On Sep 24, 2019
I hear sir.please get this now.

Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by TriCee: 5:30pm On Sep 24, 2019
condemn:

The update is still in process. This current template is just temporary. It will change in less than 2 weeks
My thoughts too. Like i said, we are waiting, patiently so.. cool

1 Like

Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by naptu2: 5:37pm On Sep 24, 2019
midnighter:

Excuse me have you ever tried calling that no.?

Does anybody even pick

Yes! Absolutely I have. I did so just last week.

c1982 I called 199 when my neighbours alerted me that there was a fire at NEPA Building on Awolowo Road. They answered and the Fire Service put out the fire.

c2016 I called 112 when a building near my brother's house was on fire. The operator told me that they've already gotten the information and that the Fire Service was on its way. The Fire Service arrived around 7 minutes later.

I heard a loud crash around 5am two Saturdays ago when I was getting ready to go jogging. Just as I thought, a probably drunk driver had crashed into two other cars. I went pass the accident scene on my way to the Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge and I saw a guy on the floor. It looked like he was unconscious. I called 112 as soon as I got to the bridge and they said that they had already gotten the information and LASAMBUS was on its way. I passed by the scene an hour later on my way back home and the man was gone and there were policemen on the scene.

It works.

I had already memorised 199 when I was still in nursery school. I looked at that page on the P&T telephone directory at least once a week. Memorise it. It might save your life one day.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by fbabs(m): 5:48pm On Sep 24, 2019
davodyguy:
Story.

Glo has a promo that gives you 4gb for the 1st four months of buying a new sim. Hence, after Every 4 months, people buy new glo sim card

Same apply to Airtel. After every 90 days, people buy new Airtel Sim.

You give us directive, but officials sits on our commonwealth and the people suffer as a result of heavy data? Haba let Nigerians enjoy abeg

What are the codes bro
Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by midnighter(f): 5:54pm On Sep 24, 2019
naptu2:
least once a week. Memorise it. It might save your life one day.

Wow, thanks a lot
Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by 360command: 7:03pm On Sep 24, 2019
davodyguy:

I have my two principal lines that I have been using since 2001 till date

The others are for browsing and i really don't care about the names on it. They are permanently inside modems. No one gonna receive calls or make calls using them anyway
are people still using modems.. cant remember when I used one..

1 Like

Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by davodyguy: 7:05pm On Sep 24, 2019
360command:
are people still using modems.. cant remember when I used one..
In organizations, we use modems and SIM cards are inserted as ISP to connect other devices

1 Like

Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by Newmans: 7:26pm On Sep 24, 2019
You are right Glo sold one to me when the line lost i went to retrieve my line they refused to release it because they knows what they did, those people buying glo line should be careful.
Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by ptaller(m): 7:41pm On Sep 24, 2019
davodyguy:

In organizations, we use modems and SIM cards are inserted as ISP to connect other devices

Evening sir, I didn't PM you. I left a message on thread you created & also mention & quote you as you instructed yesterday, but guess you didn't see my quote or mention.

The thread is on your profile sir, please view & check for my handle ptaller.

Thanks in advance sir.
Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by Premiumwriter: 8:04pm On Sep 24, 2019
Poorboy:
So you studied begging in school abi?
if you no fit help swerve.

Abi you expect mk im jst fold im hand dey look life?

1 Like

Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by Poorboy: 8:09pm On Sep 24, 2019
Premiumwriter:
if you no fit help swerve.

Abi you expect mk im jst fold im hand dey look life?
continue begging
Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by Premiumwriter: 8:12pm On Sep 24, 2019
Poorboy:
continue begging
get out

To Nairalanders: I'm not the one asking for help though

1 Like

Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by Poorboy: 8:15pm On Sep 24, 2019
Premiumwriter:
get out

To Nairalanders: I'm not the one asking for help though
you are still a beggar, you're not begging with this moniker tongue
Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by Premiumwriter: 8:16pm On Sep 24, 2019
Poorboy:
you are still a beggar, you're not begging with this moniker tongue
*rolls eyes*
Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by Alfredah01: 12:03am On Sep 25, 2019
Another story how they want to loot with the toll free number, that’s what they said with national identification card.
Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by WizBLANCE(m): 8:06am On Sep 25, 2019
midnighter:

Excuse me have you ever tried calling that no.?

Does anybody even pick

I tried it like four times now it didn't even ring

Maybe they know I don't need their service after all.
Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by princetg: 8:20am On Sep 25, 2019
Ok oooooo
Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by midnighter(f): 3:01pm On Sep 25, 2019
WizBLANCE:

I tried it like four times now it didn't even ring

Maybe they know I don't need their service after all.

Well, it seems to work for some people. the person that i quoted had a good experience.

I remember hearing a story that somebody called for firefighters, and they said that they could not come because there was no water grin

i guess everyone has their luck with them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has Airtel Stopped Their BIS Plan On Android And Iphones? / What Is Your Top Ten Favourite Android Apps? / My Nokia E63 Cannot Install Xplore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.