Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

These Five Cities Will Pay You To Move There - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / These Five Cities Will Pay You To Move There (1562 Views)

Break Any Of These Traffic Laws In Nigeria, See The Fines You Will Pay – FRSC / South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City / What Major Cities Looks Like At Night From The Cockpit Of A Boeing 777 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

These Five Cities Will Pay You To Move There by Timijo(m): 3:31pm On Sep 25, 2019
Many regions across the globe are in danger of shutting down because of an issue with depopulation in recent years. As more of the younger generation is opting for relocation to larger, more urban areas, rural and more remote villages and towns are resorting to paying people to become residents.

1. Ponga, Spain

If you were to choose relocation to this quaint, cozy town in the northern region of Spain, you would find that it is the most historic place to live. In fact, it is considered the most ancient city in Spain. But, it is also suffering from a serious problem with depopulation. The town has less than 900 residents, and its goal is to attract younger generations of people to bring the city back to life. The local government will pay 3,000 euros to any couples that move there. Once you reside there and you begin a family, each child you have will be eligible for an additional 3,000-euro allowance.

2. Any city in Alaska, U.S.

This area is known to be a less desirable place to move based on the harsh weather conditions for most of the year throughout the state as well as the remoteness of most of its real estate. So, the state legislature came up with an incentive program in 1976 called the Permanent Fund Reserve. It allows anyone who resides there for at least one year to receive a rebate for living there. The amount that has been given to each resident over the years has varied depending upon the state’s fund reserve, but the average payout to each resident is approximately $1250 each year with the largest payout in 2008 of $3,270 per resident. The catch is that you must only claim residency in Alaska and no other state.

3. Saskatchewan, Canada

Located in western Canada, this city is defined as a prairie region and considered to be a less desirable choice to live. It has over 100,000 lakes and nearly 300,000 square miles of real estate to choose from. The city officials have attempted to entice people to settle there with a program that offers anyone who is a recent graduate beginning from the year 2010, are eligible to receive college tuition reimbursement of up to $20,000 if they choose to become a resident of the city. This would entail living in Saskatchewan for at least one year.

4. Curtice, Nebraska

With a paltry population of fewer than 1,000 people in southwest Nebraska, this town has tried to live by its mission to grow its economic base and create a more stable business community. To do this, it does not pay money to anyone who moves there—instead, it pays new residence in real estate. The land is actually located at a golf course. The only requirement is that you must build a home there and reside in it.

5. Molise, Italy

This is a region east of Rome known for its olive tree pastures and mountain views. What was once a thriving, densely populated area is now losing people at a rate of nearly 10,000 people in just five years. The regional council has advertised their offer of $770 per month for a period of three consecutive years to anyone who takes up residence in their town and opens a small business. They will also help with moving costs and pay new residents as much as $27,000 to re-settle in their area. The goal is to re-energize their population as well as their local economy with new generations of families.
Re: These Five Cities Will Pay You To Move There by Tobinrobin(m): 3:36pm On Sep 25, 2019
Citizenship in these places will be so freaking hard to get.
Re: These Five Cities Will Pay You To Move There by TJMighty(m): 2:20am On Sep 26, 2019
@ OP can you please help me call on the authorities of any of those five cities listed above to please come get me out of this country. In as much as there are no health hazards and they would provide job, shelter & health care for me, I would gladly accept to be one of their citizens..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These Five Cities Will Pay You To Move There by jrondit(m): 8:01am On Sep 26, 2019
TJMighty:
@ OP can you please help me call on the authorities of any of those five cities listed above to please come get me out of this country. In as much as there are no health hazards and they would provide job, shelter & health care for me, I would gladly accept to be one of their citizens..
Seconded. As a matter of fact presently I feel like make I disappear. I go even migrate with my family. OP do something I no wan read this post alone. Something must to change.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These Five Cities Will Pay You To Move There by Timijo(m): 3:01pm On Sep 26, 2019
TJMighty:
Do your research about any of the countries and make your choice.

1 Like

Re: These Five Cities Will Pay You To Move There by Ttipsy(f): 8:52pm On Sep 26, 2019
lol lemme just disappear
Re: These Five Cities Will Pay You To Move There by TJMighty(m): 4:45pm On Oct 01, 2019
Timijo:
Do your research about any of the countries and make your choice.
Give me Alaska, USA or Saskatchewan, Canada
Re: These Five Cities Will Pay You To Move There by NothingDoMe: 6:59pm On Oct 01, 2019
OP has good points

(1) (Reply)

Get A South/a,dubai,malaysia And Shengen Visas @ An Affordable Rates!guarantee! / Dubai Enquiry, Travellers Your Help Pls. / PTA- Personal Travel Allowance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.