Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,073 members, 7,835,620 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders (15762 Views)

ASISGUARD: Turkish Firms Bag Contracts To Secure Nigerian Borders / Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots / Atiku Pays US Lobbyists $30,000 To Unseatt Buahri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 25, 2019
Amazingman:
Besterds

Re: Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders by icankel: 4:56pm On Sep 25, 2019
Tenses:
Not a fan of Buhari but the border closure has done a lot of good to my business. How I receive orders from Lagos, Ibadan, portharcourt, owerri etc. for Mikogo Abakaliki Rice. My customers are commending my rice saying it has better taste, better aroma, stone free and polished than foreign rice(starch rice that one nah rice)

PDP show me wii. Border so open like a hoe vagina. Bad for my business.

Please order for your stone free, long grain and polished Abakaliki rice.

50kg for 15k
25kg for 7.5k

Free delivery to your closest park.

For more detail call: 08081905662
his bright is the rice, can u deliver to Ikotun Lagos?
Re: Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders by mercyviv(f): 5:04pm On Sep 25, 2019
Very commendable. At least this will help grow our local content.
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...
Re: Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders by Empredboy(m): 5:09pm On Sep 25, 2019
kejykejy:
Ftc

Its a welcome development. Am totally in support of the border closure. Let us produce eberything we consume locally here.
do you know that there are goods whose duty had been paid worth billions with borrow money getting spoilt at the border? Will government compensate them for the damages and the delay in repaying their loans?

1 Like

Re: Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders by Empredboy(m): 5:11pm On Sep 25, 2019
SlyPe:
A bag of rice is now #20000 in my area. angry
before October ending if the border isn't opened it will be close to 30k

1 Like

Re: Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders by lovemoi2(f): 5:12pm On Sep 25, 2019
Tenses:
Not a fan of Buhari but the border closure has done a lot of good to my business. How I receive orders from Lagos, Ibadan, portharcourt, owerri etc. for Mikogo Abakaliki Rice. My customers are commending my rice saying it has better taste, better aroma, stone free and polished than foreign rice(starch rice that one nah rice)

50kg for 15k
25kg for 7.5k

Weldone and good luck in your business, hopefully more Nigerians do the same

1 Like

Re: Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders by cashkid: 5:12pm On Sep 25, 2019
Tenses:

50kg for 15k
25kg for 7.5k

U are ready for next level! Let them continue making noise....bubu no send them! grin

1 Like

Re: Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders by freshinko: 5:19pm On Sep 25, 2019
All these empty skull leaders keep mocking themselves in the eyes of the whole world. How can you close borders because of smuggling? Nigeria is a commercial hub for the whole of West Africa. Now business is in stand still. Even when they come to Nigeria and buy goods, those goods won't leave the chores of Nigeria through land borders. These fools sitting at the comfort of their offices will just be frustrating people up and down. Don't Nigeria have customs? Don't they have immigration? What exactly are their work?

2 Likes

Re: Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders by Empredboy(m): 5:21pm On Sep 25, 2019
wellmax:
Anyone who against the border closure must be a smuggler or an enemy of Nigeria.
Well done Senate
do you think its only smuggled goods that pass the border? Their are ECOWAS goods that move from and to Nigeria such as our building iron, water tanks, electrical wires, Dunlop slippers, shoes all these and many more move to West Africa through the border while goods like hot drinks, coconut, marble, and other ECOWAS goods move into our country through the border. Now these goods had been at the border since over a month. Do you know that billions had been lost by the importers and exporters of these goods because many borrowed money to do this business after paying millions for duty. I beg many people are bankrupt because of this. Will government compensate them?

1 Like

Re: Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders by adeniyisamuel59(m): 5:22pm On Sep 25, 2019
If Buhari poo on the senate president head, he would be commended, this one na Senate or rubbish!
Re: Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders by mrvitalis(m): 5:22pm On Sep 25, 2019
kejykejy:
Ftc

Its a welcome development. Am totally in support of the border closure. Let us produce eberything we consume locally here.
Read up theory of comparative advantage ......
We have cheaper labour than thailand ...we have land how come they produce rice cheap than we

An hectare of thailand rice yeild over 10 tons ...we struggle to even get 1 ton ...thats what we should work on not banning imports ...its never effective
Re: Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders by nagoma(m): 5:25pm On Sep 25, 2019
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/195509-investigation-inside-the-massive-fraud-in-nigerias-n117billion-rice-import-quota-scheme.html

Is this no longer relevant? Please read and check out Adamu Aliero’s alleged role in this massive fraud. Surprising that he is the one moving this motion. There is more than meets the eye in this motion.
Re: Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders by 7lives: 5:35pm On Sep 25, 2019
freshinko:
All these empty skull leaders keep mocking themselves in the eyes of the whole world. How can you close borders because of smuggling? Nigeria is a commercial hub for the whole of West Africa. Now business is in stand still. Even when they come to Nigeria and buy goods, those goods won't leave the chores of Nigeria through land borders. These fools sitting at the comfort of their offices will just be frustrating people up and down. Don't Nigeria have customs? Don't they have immigration? What exactly are their work?

Baba should erect a WALL at the border, anyone who is not happy should drink snipper.
Even Trump is raising a trillion Dollars, just for American/ Mexico boarder.
Re: Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders by Yomboy4ever(m): 5:39pm On Sep 25, 2019
They Senate should also buy cars from innoson. You can't stop us from eating foreign rice while u are busy riding imported cars...
Infact no more imported treatment and schooling for you and your children..

1 Like

Re: Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders by kejykejy: 5:54pm On Sep 25, 2019
mrvitalis:

Read up theory of comparative advantage ......
We have cheaper labour than thailand ...we have land how come they produce rice cheap than we

An hectare of thailand rice yeild over 10 tons ...we struggle to even get 1 ton ...thats what we should work on not banning imports ...its never effective

I can tell u it is effective, all the idle rice producing company in Nigeria now has issue with rice demand. Now they have increased their productivity and employ more hands
So cool down and see Nigerian rice flood the market.
Re: Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders by mrvitalis(m): 6:05pm On Sep 25, 2019
kejykejy:

I can tell u it is effective, all the idle rice producing company in Nigeria now has issue with rice demand. Now they have increased their productivity and employ more hands
So cool down and see Nigerian rice flood the market.
Flood the market at what price ....this is not sustainable ...mind u i farm rice too

1 Like

Re: Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders by GeneralEmenogu: 6:15pm On Sep 25, 2019
is this man not mad? u didn't close boarder from January, na now wey we done enter months of celebration, never heard he encouraged the farmer to farm well. this man gets me agree, 23k a bag of rice, when we enter December what will happen, but in katsina a bag of rice is 8k cause the boarder there can't be closed, y?

Biafra should come abeg.

1 Like

Re: Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders by magzey: 6:20pm On Sep 25, 2019
we always want to eatr thailand rice and we are in for front to shout for lack of developments.have thailand ever patronize our Amala,garri and Akpu,plantain chips and ground nuts grin grin
Re: Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders by wellmax(m): 6:30pm On Sep 25, 2019
Empredboy:
do you think its only smuggled goods that pass the border? Their are ECOWAS goods that move from and to Nigeria such as our building iron, water tanks, electrical wires, Dunlop slippers, shoes all these and many more move to West Africa through the border while goods like hot drinks, coconut, marble, and other ECOWAS goods move into our country through the border. Now these goods had been at the border since over a month. Do you know that billions had been lost by the importers and exporters of these goods because many borrowed money to do this business after paying millions for duty. I beg many people are bankrupt because of this. Will government compensate them?

Knowledge is key. The boarder closure is not total but partial and targeted at smugglers and importers of prohibited items. People still travel and legitimate business people still move across borders. Closing it 100% to hear man movement will be against the ECOWAS spirit.
Re: Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders by kejykejy: 6:48pm On Sep 25, 2019
mrvitalis:

Flood the market at what price ....this is not sustainable ...mind u i farm rice tooo

You too can testify that there is more demand for ur rice produce than before.

When we have more producer, there will be competition and that will crash the price
Re: Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders by mrvitalis(m): 6:56pm On Sep 25, 2019
kejykejy:

You too can testify that there is more demand for ur rice produce than before.

When we have more producer, there will be competition and that will crash the price
U dont even get it , demand are still the same ...now igbo see eating foreign rice as status

Banning is primitive economics...u push a basic goods to a luxury goods

1 Like

Re: Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders by dododawa1: 7:22pm On Sep 25, 2019
d one BUHARI achievement in 5 years
Re: Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders by kejykejy: 7:23pm On Sep 25, 2019
mrvitalis:

U dont even get it , demand are still the same ...now igbo see eating foreign rice as status

Banning is primitive economics...u push a basic goods to a luxury goods

Just wait now, am so sure foreign rice is not coming in any longer, so anyone u see with foreign rice has stored it when the border was open. Now by the time they finish selling or eating all the foreign rice in their keep, they all have no choice than to patronise nigeria rice.
I believe in the border closure and a policy that will say anything we cant produce, we wont consume.

I read in the news last week that 4 different companys are set to start producing local dairy (milk).

These are the development we are talking about

1 Like

Re: Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders by mrvitalis(m): 7:27pm On Sep 25, 2019
kejykejy:

Just wait now, am so sure foreign rice is not coming in any longer, so anyone u see with foreign rice has stored it when the border was open. Now by the time they finish selling or eating all the foreign rice in their keep, they all have no choice than to patronise nigeria rice.
I believe in the border closure and a policy that will say anything we cant produce, we wont consume.

I read in the news last week that 4 different companys are set to start producing local dairy (milk).

These are the development we are talking about
Lol stroll to the nearest market oga ...we dont have the men to man our bothers ...foreign rice are moving in constantly from the south

People who eat local rice are people who have been eating them since ...igbos n south south would always eat imported rice

This is primitive economics with the corrupt arms forces weak border

Not to talk when international trade union pounce on us

It is not sustainable

1 Like

Re: Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders by kejykejy: 7:33pm On Sep 25, 2019
mrvitalis:

Lol stroll to the nearest market oga ...we dont have the men to man our bothers ...foreign rice are moving in constantly from the south

People who eat local rice are people who have been eating them since ...igbos n south south would always eat imported rice

This is primitive economics with the corrupt arms forces weak border

Not to talk when international trade union pounce on us

It is not sustainable

My brother, am a big time rice seller in south west, in ibadan, oyo state. So i am in the system. Here pple dont patronise foreign anymore.
We have seen nigeria rice and tasted it and we realized its not bad and we in south west have embrased it.

Maybe i will advise u to bring ur nigeria rice here

1 Like

Re: Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders by Onitola2: 7:40pm On Sep 25, 2019
Cheryph200:
There are more issues dey suppose to address soon..This una next level to sufferness ..PHCN charging a 2bedflat 25k per month ..food is now gold with many people jobless ..many are ready to work but where is the work .Graduates salaries is nothing to talk about.. People leave this country because life is unbearable here and most that don't have the opportunity leave this world in the name of depression...
bros to be sincere, it's not easy anywhere, ask those abroad, what most get is just to feed, clothe and house( those doing legit sha). Food is way cheaper in Nigeria than many countries.
Re: Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders by eniorisha(m): 7:44pm On Sep 25, 2019
Cheryph200:
There are more issues dey suppose to address soon..This una next level to sufferness ..PHCN charging a 2bedflat 25k per month ..food is now gold with many people jobless ..many are ready to work but where is the work .Graduates salaries is nothing to talk about.. People leave this country because life is unbearable here and most that don't have the opportunity leave this world in the name of depression...
joblessness & under paying jobs. As a graduate who completed his service year about 3 months ago, last monday, i applied for a teaching job. I was offered N11k montly pay. I rejectd it. 48 hrs later, d proprietor called me & told me he'd make it N12k. I live in osun state, in one ancient town like dt. Can anyone facilitate a much better offer for me, pls? I studied ENGLISH EDUCATION From UNILAG. I teach any arts subject effectively. My digits: 08182896938(whatsap), 07060429046(call & sms)

1 Like

Re: Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders by mrvitalis(m): 7:58pm On Sep 25, 2019
kejykejy:

My brother, am a big time rice seller in south west, in ibadan, oyo state. So i am in the system. Here pple dont patronise foreign anymore.
We have seen nigeria rice and tasted it and we realized its not bad and we in south west have embrased it.

Maybe i will advise u to bring ur nigeria rice here
South west n north are the local rice eaters ...south south / south east east foreign rice ...quality is the watch word here not price

We like our rice standing alone after cooking
Re: Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders by completeyr(m): 8:00pm On Sep 25, 2019
SlyPe:
A Bag of rice is now #20000 in my area. angry

My brother, must u eat rice

Biko, stop all this complain. Go for sumtin else if u r not capable of buying rice
Re: Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders by emonis88: 8:14pm On Sep 25, 2019
JB4life:
Average Nigerians are more interested in lower costs of food items than in policies which makes life more difficult for them.
Already the prices of various staple foods have risen in spite of the fact that main harvest of some of them started since July,
These ones don't feel the hardship, that is y they r hailing him. If u put them in the shoes of the common man they il curse him

1 Like

Re: Senate Commends Buahri For Shutting Down Nigerian Borders by israelmao(m): 8:42pm On Sep 25, 2019
Let's see how far we can hold on.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Politicians Have Enjoyed Enough, It’s Now People’s Turn – Otti / Berhard Schlaghedz Visits Peter Obi At His Residence In Onitsha- PICTURES / Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.