Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! (4528 Views)

PSY (with MC Hammer) - Gangnam Style (live 2012 American Music Awards) / Mc Hammer Vs Psy - Who Would Win Doing The Gangnam Style? / Nas And Jay-z Mason's Theory Interesting Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by eldee(m): 1:17pm On Nov 09, 2010
@Elrazur
Shut up about your inflation B.S . . . every plonker knows that record sales have fallen due to illegal downloads especially for rappers and you're here yarning CD prices.

slimshay:

Rara o Eldee. Im surprised Elrazur isnt using this as a point . But make I lend the guy apoti make him balance small for this thread wink. Hammer Pls Dont Hurt Them, is the second highest selling rap album ever from the United States. Except BP3 has somehow manged to sell 30million copies, I repeat, dont let El Razur see this post or the ones you put up before grin

Did you read my thread, Blueprint III has outsold the last decade of MC Hammer's songs. . . that's proof that he's has been.
Get my drift??
Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by eldee(m): 1:17pm On Nov 09, 2010
ElRazur:

The thing is this, I posted something and the jigganites disagree. I then posted a proof and surprise, surprise the goal post was moved again.  So as it stand, the statement that Hammer have more followers than JayZ is undisputed.

Eldee as per album sales. I have never disputed or made that a point. However, you should note that if you adjust for inflation (cd prices are cheaper now than before I think) hammer's sale ain't no slouch.

Finally, once again you showed that objectivity is not a word you are keen on knowing when it comes to hammer.  So he had a beef with buster and what not, right? And that means what to the debate at hand? Same way Jayz had run in with others but you are quick to find an excuse when this is pointed out. Smh.

Stop posting irelevant crap and I'll agree with you.
The reason you made that post is to argue about who's more famous and influential . . . King Hammer is not half as famous as Drake is today.
Objectivity is, Jay-Z is more famous than him . . . B.S is Twitter followers show how famous you are.

If you want to be objective, let's use the key measures of celeb influence on the internet, leave out the fact that Obama got Jay and Oprah to get young votes and leave out the physical album sales, leave out the fact that Jay-Z sold out Glastonbury, Madison Square Gardens and Wembley in one year.
Let's use the internet things like Twitter, Google hits, Facebook, etc . . . Jay-Z has over 5millions fans on Facebook, no verified Twitter Page, and don't let me put in the fact that Empire State of Mind had over 4million digital downloads. . . and you tell me about objectivity??

My reference to the Eminem and Busta thing is just me pointing out the fact that we didn't even here the song, no one cares about King Hammer and if you're not influential enough to get a buzz off an Eminem beef, then you're not influential, full stop.
Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by slimshay(m): 1:31pm On Nov 09, 2010
@eldee. . . . .ha, I see. grin

eldee:

My reference to the Eminem and Busta thing is just me pointing out the fact that we didn't even here the song, no one cares about King Hammer and if you're not influential enough to get a buzz off an Eminem beef, then you're not influential, full stop.

But this. . .this. . .ah ahn, King Hammer time blow your money join? grin grin
Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by eldee(m): 1:37pm On Nov 09, 2010
slimshay:

@eldee. . . . .ha, I see. grin

But this. . .this. . .ah ahn, King Hammer time blow your money join? grin grin

Me nor too send the guy, na this Stan wey dey here dey yarn opaks. . . and you know ay I like to dey open pple yansh . . . no homo grin grin
Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by ElRazur: 2:27pm On Nov 09, 2010
You make load of noise without much substance.

As to whether hammer is influential or jigga is bigger is subjective and it is almost something that cannot be proved satisfactorily. Period.

Cd prices was more expensive in the days of hammer and with little or no download. In other to make a fair comparison, a valid argument will make adjustment - something which is a norm and standard when comparing artist who ruled in different decades.

Also your point is moot and invalid because I never said Hammer had more record sale but if you wanna talk to the air and walls be my guest. I remember saying "hammer record sales do not make him a slouch" meaning his record sale is impressive for his days.

As per you still talking about buster and eminem apparent diss, that "we never heard about". Who exactly is this "we" I am guessing your failure to hear one song automatically means it is a bad song? I didn't realise you are now the mouth piece of when a song is "heard about" or not.

Your argument are weak too be honest but yeah a bit of mild jibe every now and then is awesome I guess.

So let me recap your all argument so far, hammer replied jayz but you have problem with this even though you are a supposed fan of diss record. Then you turn around and claim hammer only did it for fame and he is a cash cow. Yet on the other hand, jayz is releasing a book soon but sure, let's not mention that.

And finally one of you jigganite are unable to disprove that hammer have more followers on Twitter, but are quick to point out record sales while ignoring the need to adjust for inflation? To cap it all up you claimed jayz sold out glastonbary while you docked the fact that jayz was merely a headline act of many that was present at the festival.

Where is objectivity I ask thee?

As per Obama and what not, as of last week Hammer had dinner with Tony Blair and a few dignitaries but you fail to recognise that hammer and jayz are both important in certain circles. And have this crude mentality that only one can be bigger or better and not room for co-existence.

Please tell me something new, while you are at it throw away all civilness. Roll eyes.
Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by bkbabe97y(m): 4:57pm On Nov 09, 2010
ElRazur:

Bkbabe

I usually avoid people like you but I will say this to you one time. Read the last link I posted about an interview hammer gave and he discussed a whole lot of issues. He said something that is hard to argue against. That is, no one is too big to be spoken to. In other words no matter how much people like you rate jayz and what not, he is still a man, and as a man, no man is too big to be called upon if needed.  I suppose this may be too much for you to understand and go way over your head.

"People like You". . . . lol. I like that one. Guess what; likewise! Reread everything u've written so far, do they make sense? Comparing Hov to Hammer?! Finances? Sales? Respectability? Lyrics? Following? Influence? Relevance? Longevity? Star-Power? What exactly are u arguing here? Point is, ur plane came in with two bad-engines; it aint gonna take off!

I'm just on this thread to have fun and talk shiyyt if neccessary, and until I see evidence that u have an idea of what ure talking about I wont accord u the respect of entering into a serious discussion with u on the issue. So, until then, all u'll get from me are clownish remarks.
Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by eldee(m): 5:00pm On Nov 09, 2010
@Elrazur

No disrespect but I can't be bothered to read your dissertation. . . a simple question

Who is more famous right now?? King Hammer or Jay-z??
Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by ElRazur: 6:19pm On Nov 09, 2010
Look up the following; objectivity and strawman argument. When you are have something new, I shall be waiting.

@bk

Sorry but nothing new you are adding here. Who is the best at this and that is subjective. Get it? Oh wait, it went over your head the first time and am guessing this one will go same way. No man is too big to be challenged or called upon. Once you understand this (I very much doubt you will) then you will realise your post is very irrelevant.
Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by eldee(m): 6:44pm On Nov 09, 2010
ElRazur:

Look up the following; objectivity and strawman argument. When you are have something new, I shall be waiting.

It's a simple question naah, haba grin grin
Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by bkbabe97y(m): 6:59pm On Nov 09, 2010
ElRazur:

Look up the following; objectivity and strawman argument.  When you are have something new, I shall be waiting.   

@bk

Sorry but nothing new you are adding here.  Who is the best at this and that is subjective. Get it? Oh wait, it went over your head the first time and am guessing this one will go same way.  No man is too big to be challenged or called upon. Once you understand this (I very much doubt you will) then you will realise your post is very irrelevant.

I decline to get into a war of words with you on this issue! Clearly, u are a novice when it comes to anything regarding the Music Industry; it shows in everything u write. Until u show that you have an idea about the subject you intend to debate, then I'm sorry, I aint got too many words for u!
Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by ElRazur: 7:05pm On Nov 09, 2010
Eldee. No be so.

When I said tell me something new, I was referring to the fact that who is famous right now depends on who you are asking. Again your question is not definitive and subject to all sort of views. In terms of Twitter and social media Hammer appears to hold it down  more than jayz. However, in terms of rap is concerned in the last 5 years or so then it will be jayz.

The point is  the answer to such a question as your is so varied it could be anyone of them depending on which angle you are coming from.

For  people to still follow Hammer and see you as a cultural icon decades after his popularity speak volumes. Same way jayz amassed a lot for himself over the past years is a great achievement. Both of them are big enough to  coexist eldee.  Sorry I just don't share the "one ring to rule them all" mentality you so much try to push across.

That's objectivity for you.

@bk
No offence but you already stated why I wasn't keen on your post all along. Remember you said it all that you are here to chat Shiite. See someone like Eldee, we banter from time to time and what not so we have a common ground, unlike you.
Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by eldee(m): 7:38pm On Nov 09, 2010
ElRazur:

Eldee. No be so.

When I said tell me something new, I was referring to the fact that who is famous right now depends on who you are asking. Again your question is not definitive and subject to all sort of views. In terms of Twitter and social media Hammer appears to hold it down  more than jayz. However, in terms of rap is concerned in the last 5 years or so then it will be jayz.

The point is  the answer to such a question as your is so varied it could be anyone of them depending on which angle you are coming from.

For  people to still follow Hammer and see you as a cultural icon decades after his popularity speak volumes. Same way jayz amassed a lot for himself over the past years is a great achievement. Both of them are big enough to  coexist eldee.  Sorry I just don't share the "one ring to rule them all" mentality you so much try to push across.

That's objectivity for you.

That's where I say you're not being objective . . . you said 'Twitter and other social media', using Twitter is questionable because Jay-Z doesn't actually have a [b]verified [/b]Twitter page, I know this because I'm one of the millions of people that will only follow verified celeb pages.

Now social media doesn't stop at Twitter, it goes on to Facebook, Search Engine hits, downloads . . . and Jay-Z floors him in each and every of these categories. . . even forums like Nairaland and About.

What you're telling me to do is to compromise for the sake of compromising . . . not to be objective.

If you brought up someone like Drake, then it'll be sumn that's close . . . MC Hammer is nowhere near as famous as Jay-Z on the net.
Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by Bamsyle2(m): 7:56pm On Nov 09, 2010
@ElRazur/Eldee

Erm, I may not be able to comment on the many angles in which this debate has been swung . . . I haven't read many of the comments after my last post . . .

But, on the popularity angle, Hammer doesn't even come anywhere near Jay-Z . . . plus Jay-Z floors him in many aspects of the subject called Rap . . . it's a no-brainer.

They're not even to be compared . . . Hammer only existed before him and of course, was a pioneer . . . "Pioneer" in several contexts, including being the first "Showman" of Rap . . . in an era when such was a taboo to Rap Music.

ElRazur, don't mind Eldee . . . the guy just likes to bully his 'aburos' . . . he's an opportunist  grin grin
Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by ElRazur: 8:08pm On Nov 09, 2010
We are going round in circles. You can quote figures that can sway in favour of jigga and so can figures be presented that support Hammer.  Both men are popular in their own way and circles etc.  Hence why I said it is all subjective. 

The debate has moved from the original point but I guess that is the passion that comes with it and should be expected.  Not sure anything is there to be said again that is probably not mentioned. If anyone have anything new to add, abeg be my guest.
Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by eldee(m): 8:15pm On Nov 09, 2010
ElRazur:

We are going round in circles. You can quote figures that can sway in favour of jigga and so can figures be presented that support Hammer.  Both men are popular in their own way and circles etc.  Hence why I said it is all subjective. 

The debate has moved from the original point but I guess that is the passion that comes with it and should be expected.  Not sure anything is there to be said again that is probably not mentioned. If anyone have anything new to add, abeg be my guest.

Dude . . .Twitter is not a circle!!!
Social media is a circle and Jay-z floors him there . . . that's my point.

Bamsyle.:

ElRazur, don't mind Eldee . . . the guy just likes to bully his 'aburos' . . . he's an opportunist  grin grin

Are you trying to say I'm only arguing this because I found an opportunity to tear sumone's whole argument apart?? grin grin
Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by slimshay(m): 8:45pm On Nov 09, 2010
Eldee, ok let's be serious sef. Ah ahn is JayZ above dissing? When Rhymstein gee u attack shey u no form Jigga com still give still give am track? *insert smiley before rhymes add me to hin enemies*

Nowadays na for Jigga to dey throw subliminals and one liners safe in the fact that if someone enters studio for him, he can quickly go and sit on the throne and claim King Julianary 'don't touch the king's feet'. If Jigga don't want people throwing rocks at the throne, he should just wave and move on to the next one o jare.

Ok that said, King Hammer?. . . .as in? Abeg I laff in running man jare!!!
Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by eldee(m): 8:53pm On Nov 09, 2010
slimshay:

Eldee, ok let's be serious sef. Ah ahn is JayZ above dissing? When Rhymstein gee u attack shey u no form Jigga com still give still give am track? *insert smiley before rhymes add me to hin enemies*

Nowadays na for Jigga to dey throw subliminals and one liners safe in the fact that if someone enters studio for him, he can quickly go and sit on the throne and claim King Julianary 'don't touch the king's feet'. If Jigga don't want people throwing rocks at the throne, he should just wave and move on to the next one o jare.

Ok that said, King Hammer?. . . .as in? Abeg I laff in running man jare!!!

He has . . . he even pointed that he's not got anything against Hammer . . . his written a book months before the line that was praising MC Hammer's accomplishments.
And that ended there, till Elrazur brought out a link to show that King Hammer had other grudges against Jay-Z from songs like On To The Next One and I'm like kilagbe kileju??
I'll be disappointed if Jay-Z says anything else on this matter . . . it will encourage Benzino to come out with another Eminem diss. grin grin
Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by slimshay(m): 9:11pm On Nov 09, 2010
Benzino ke, abeg dat one has gotten his wish o jare. After all Em put him 'all over the streets like 50' *insert another smiley*

Hov won't say another word except wiv the book, you can be sure about that. We are sticking to our ' we won't diss ya'll lil phucks' status. Have to stick to the scripts no?

My point is Jay shouldn't start it. He shouldnt go into radio stations saying 'I'm nt talking about Game, I'm not talking about Dame, I'm not talking about Jimmy'. . .if he's not talking, then he should actually not be talking. We have more important issues to discuss. E.g. Like puting $200m into Arsenal and buying us a phucking trophy *another smiley*
Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by eldee(m): 9:49pm On Nov 09, 2010
Hehehe . . .that's the whole point of the Jigga status, I can throw a one-liner at you, but when you reply with a full track, you look stupid.
It' just bullying, like what Pac did to him. . . it's fun to watch.

Peeps like The Game, DMX, Joe Budden, Cameron and lately King Hamer have all fallen into that trap.

Hov is not rich enough to buy into Arsenal and not care, even Warren Buffet can't . . . I want the Prince of Jordan or sumn. grin grin
Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by ElRazur: 10:51pm On Nov 09, 2010
eldee:

Dude . . .Twitter is not a circle!!!
Social media is a circle and Jay-z floors him there . . . that's my point.

Are you trying to say I'm only arguing this because I found an opportunity to tear sumone's whole argument apart?? grin grin

Do you even read back some of your own post?  undecided

Social media refers to interactive site like facebook, twitter et al where there is constant engaging of information every now and then. It is also heavily reliant on user-generated content. Please point me to an official Jay Z page on twitter and you may have a point. Tv, radio and co are more or less mass media. Not social media. Pele.

You seriously, do not believe some of the things you are saying do you?

Here is you, when points are presented to you and you cannot counter, you talk some more irrelevant stuff and them claim to yourself you are making sense. When that so much perceived point of yours is also countered, you proceed to move the goal-post. It is fun watching you change position like a sat nav. It goes to show how weak your points are.

How hard is it to actually be objective and drop your jigganite designer hov-tinted spectacles and see the debate for what it is? I guess it must be very challenging. Pele.

You say a lot of stuff that frankly are border-line dribbles and not worth engaging on, but this have always been your style around here. While it may work with others, I will just point out the flaws in them with a smug on my face.

PS
Don't forget to call it another long-piece of essay. We all know you do this when backed into a corner.
Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by kaypumpin2(m): 11:22pm On Nov 09, 2010
What's jigganite? undecided Sounds like a geology term to me  tongue

But seriously,is El playing the devil's advocate on this Hammer/Jay issue or he is seriously serious?

And who the hell calls Hammeer "King" these days?A diss track and Hammer was dancing like 'em can't touch this days  grin  grin

As in Hammer?* d.amn! Seun no give us ROTFLMAO emoticon*
Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by ElRazur: 11:47pm On Nov 09, 2010
kay_pumpin:

But seriously,is El playing the devil's advocate on this Hammer/Jay issue or he is seriously serious?

Depends on what your views are, but I am saying that both men are grown and no need to call each other out.

I am saying there is enough room for both to co-exist.

I am saying Both men are important in their own circles

I am saying there is no definitive answer as to who is the best, as this is very subjective.

etc.

Those are some of the things I am saying.
Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by shotster50(m): 3:21am On Nov 10, 2010
Call that a diss video and the fool was dancing in it lmao.
Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by chiogo(f): 6:33am On Nov 10, 2010
MC who?
LOL @ jigga about to touch 50 years. Nairalanders and exaggeration. Gotta love it!
Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by hax: 6:48am On Nov 10, 2010
lol @ 1.9 million followers on twitter making hammer more 'famous' than hov. lmao

really?

seriously?

is he also more 'famous' than lil wayne and drake and nicki minaj as well? lol
Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by eldee(m): 8:15am On Nov 10, 2010
ElRazur:

Do you even read back some of your own post?  undecided

Social media refers to interactive site like facebook, twitter et al where there is constant engaging of information every now and then. It is also heavily reliant on user-generated content. Please point me to an official Jay Z page on twitter and you may have a point. Tv, radio and co are more or less mass media. Not social media. Pele.

Watching you talk B.S is fun, but could you please keep it short??
You don't get it do you?? Twitter is one part of social media . . . overall on Social media, Hov kills him.
Jay-Z does not have a verified Twitter Page . . . if he did then you can argue your point.

Now. . . there are ones that they both share, like Facebook, Spotify, I-tunes, Google and Jay-Z is eons ahead of MC Hammer those ones.
This is not shifting the goalposts, this is taking all the e-social media together and Hammer can't even touch Nicki not to talk of Hov.

You know you already sound silly to everyone here now, let's not make it worse by claiming that's I'm not being objective in what's so far been the easiest debate of my life. grin grin
Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by ElRazur: 8:58am On Nov 10, 2010
eldee:

Watching you talk B.S is fun, but could you please keep it short??
You don't get it do you?? Twitter is one part of social media . . . overall on Social media, Hov kills him.

Jay-Z does not have a verified Twitter Page . . . if he did then you can argue your point.

Actually, your are king of spewing poo in all honest. Just your previous post mentioned this "Twitter is not a circle!!!". I corrected your misconception there and then as usual, you claim you made more sense and try to spin your way out. Like I said, it is nothing new of you, please tell me something new.  Remember, I will correct your crap with a smug on my face. I did!

Sorry, if your attention span is very short. You want me to keep it short, yet on comparison, you have made a few long post too. Glad to see your are starting to let the little boy in you out. Engage more logic and perhaps I will not have to spell out every simple thing for you? Just a thought.

Now. . . there are ones that they both share, like Facebook, Spotify, I-tunes, Google and Jay-Z is eons ahead of MC Hammer those ones.
This is not shifting the goalposts, this is taking all the e-social media together and Hammer can't even touch Nicki not to talk of Hov.

Just shush and stop twisting the point. My point was explaining points where Hammer was ahead of Jay Z. A good example is twitter. If JayZ do not have a verified page then as it stand, Hammer is ahead of him in that particular place. How hard is that to understand? 

Yes you are shifting the goal post. Read back your own drivel to see. Oh, next time say something new and not paraphrase my point.

You know you already sound silly to everyone here now, let's not make it worse by claiming that's I'm not being objective in what's so far been the easiest debate of my life. grin grin

Typical rap/hiphop mentality. You said that with every debate that puts you in your place. How can it be the easiest when you constantly move the goal post and what not? How can it be the easiest, when I have to dumb down my posting style to explain things to you a few times before you get it? How can it be when you are constantly going off tangent? What a joke. Abeg, learn to fight your own battles, forget what people may say or may not think. Focus on what you are saying.   .   .  (not much to be honest)

hax:

lol @ 1.9 million followers on twitter making hammer more 'famous' than hov. lmao

really?

seriously?

is he also more 'famous' than lil wayne and drake and nicki minaj as well? lol

I am not sure if you followed the debate. I have repeatedly stated that Both men are famous in their own ways. Jayz is known in the rap game and considered one of the top cats over the past 3-5 years. On the other hand, hammer was famous in the rap game but he's got other avenue he is considered very influential. I cited twitter as one of them.

I don't know how much Lil wayne and Nicki minaj have, but if I have to apply the logic I am passing across, then I will have to say yes.

chiogo:

MC who?
LOL @ jigga about to touch 50 years. Nairalanders and exaggeration. Gotta love it!

10 years from touching 50 apparently and Hammer is two years away. I think the point I was making there was that both are old and do not need to resolve to  punching below the belt.

shotster50:

Call that a diss video and the fool was dancing in it lmao.

I said in the beginning that the new generation of hip-hop listeners will most likely describe the song as whack.

On the balance of things, hammer was never about lyrics, and when Tupac had a few issues with some rappers back then, he made a clarification that he do not have problem with Hammer as he started out making "Pop - rap" and still sticking to pop rap.

My point? Hammer's song is always been very simple lyrics and dance videos orientated. In a way you can say he is still staying true to his ways but then, in this day and age I think most may say he is past his time.
Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by eldee(m): 10:13am On Nov 10, 2010
ElRazur:

Actually, your are king of spewing poo in all honest. Just your previous post mentioned this "Twitter is not a circle!!!". I corrected your misconception there and then as usual, you claim you made more sense and try to spin your way out. Like I said, it is nothing new of you, please tell me something new.  Remember, I will correct your crap with a smug on my face. I did!

Sorry, if your attention span is very short. You want me to keep it short, yet on comparison, you have made a few long post too. Glad to see your are starting to let the little boy in you out. Engage more logic and perhaps I will not have to spell out every simple thing for you? Just a thought.

Look at my previous posts . . . 'Now social media doesn't stop at Twitter' . . . 'Twitter is not a circle, social media is' , 'Twitter is one part of social media . . . overall on Social media' . . . how low can you fucking go??
Accuing me of spinning words when I've been saying the same thing all along?? In the Social Media overall, Jay-Z still trumps MC Hammer.

Maybe it's my law background, I don't waste words . . . no need to use two when one will do.
And you drag things especially with an MC Hammer V Jay-Z argument, you know you're fighting a lost battle.
Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by eldee(m): 10:19am On Nov 10, 2010
ElRazur:

Typical rap/hiphop mentality. You said that with every debate that puts you in your place. How can it be the easiest when you constantly move the goal post and what not? How can it be the easiest, when I have to dumb down my posting style to explain things to you a few times before you get it? How can it be when you are constantly going off tangent? What a joke. Abeg, learn to fight your own battles, forget what people may say or may not think. Focus on what you are saying.   .   .  (not much to be honest)

Hehehe . . . so Eldee is now 'hiphop mentality'?? grin grin
I don't care if you want to go dumb . . . it's not my fault that you chose the wrong end of the rope.

Now it's simple . . . you're making yourself look silly, it's fun to watch, very soon, Rhymestein will start thinking both of you are on the same level grin grin
Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by ElRazur: 10:44am On Nov 10, 2010
eldee:

Look at my previous posts . . . 'Now social media doesn't stop at Twitter' . . . 'Twitter is not a circle, social media is' , 'Twitter is one part of social media . . . overall on Social media' . . . how low can you bleeping go??
Accuing me of spinning words when I've been saying the same thing all along?? In the Social Media overall, Jay-Z still trumps MC Hammer.

Maybe it's my law background, I don't waste words . . . no need to use two when one will do.
And you drag things especially with an MC Hammer V Jay-Z argument, you know you're fighting a lost battle.

Playing semantics is a bit lame. Let me keep the basics for you since the understanding still eludes you.

Hammer = Plenty of followers on twitter.
Sean Carter = Non existent.

As far as twitter goes. (Which was what the original point was. Get it?) Hammer clearly have more going on for him there.

In case you are still lost. My point, was how hammer is big and influential in Social media and using twitter as an example. On the other hand, you are using Google as an example. Anyone will half a brain can see that Google is nothing but a search Engine and does not fit into the definition of Social Media.

Still following? Now, your point of Jay Z Social media's Jesus Christ reputation is meaningless.  Jay Z hardly interacts with followers or fans online while Hammer does. This is evident with his twitter account.

Now, please tell me what exactly your point is again? Let me guess, none.

Lol at law background. Awwwwh let's not start showing our e.peniss now, you are way too good for that.

Dude, every time you claim I am fighting a losing battle, or tearing apart my argument. I just let my post do the talking for me jare. Please counter the above, it will be interesting to see what you come up with.

In 2009.
Hammer was considered on of the most influential on twitter.

http://www.webecologyproject.org/2009/08/mc-hammer-cant-touch-social-media-geeks-tweeting-cats-when-it-comes-to-influence-on-twitter/

To further buttress my point, here are a few quote that may of be of interest.

“Legendary music icon and master of reinvention MC Hammer is CEO of Alchemist Management. Most recently, Hammer became one of the most influential personalities on the social media platform Twitter with over 1.8 million followers.

MC Hammer is currently 53rd most followed person on twitter. He is ahead of the likes of major atheles & entertainers like: Serena Williams(73), Snoop Dogg(78), Paul Pierce(96), Reggie Bush(180), Bob Villa(190), and Chad Ochocinco(234).

Taken from http://blacksportsonline.com/home/index.php/2010/08/mc-hammer-ventures-into-the-world-of-mma/#idc-cover

I expect a few people not to fully recognise the usefulness of Twitter, but then I am sure some will.

eldee:

Hehehe . . . so Eldee is now 'hiphop mentality'?? grin grin
I don't care if you want to go dumb . . . it's not my fault that you chose the wrong end of the rope.

Now it's simple . . . you're making yourself look silly, it's fun to watch, very soon, Rhymestein will start thinking both of you are on the same level grin grin

Actually, what I meant to say was "Crude rap/hiphop mentality". You know where "one rapper have to rule them all" and no room for co-existence. Something you have demonstrated over and over.
Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by slimshay(m): 11:08am On Nov 10, 2010
All this Jigganites sef, wey go just dey shift goal posts undecided. No wonder Yakubu dey miss sitters. Eldee keep the godamn post in one place. angry grin
Re: Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! by eldee(m): 11:40am On Nov 10, 2010
. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Download>> Plantashun Boiz - Knock Me Off / Dj Haywire Solo Birthday Mixtape Alert! / DOWNLOAD MIXTAPE: DJ Fanes - Best Of Street (zlatan Vs Naira Marley Mix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.