Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

FEC Approves N109.4bn For Ibadan – Ilesha – Ife, Kano – Katsina Dual Carriage Wa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FEC Approves N109.4bn For Ibadan – Ilesha – Ife, Kano – Katsina Dual Carriage Wa (9872 Views)

Buhari Commissions Orlu/owerri Dual Carriage Road / FG Approves $1.4bn For Rehabilitation Of Warri, Kaduna Refineries / Obiano Inspects Anambra Airport Dual-Carriage Way Road (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FEC Approves N109.4bn For Ibadan – Ilesha – Ife, Kano – Katsina Dual Carriage Wa by cuteboy2: 3:38pm On Sep 26, 2019
Almost $1billion to construct a 70km road shocked shocked shocked

This is about N2.2 billion per kilometer shocked shocked.
Is the road made with gold?

This has got to be the most expensive road in the history of mankind, or some people in govt are going to smile to the bank.

abc115:
The minister disclosed that N200.176billion was also approved for construction of link-roads, connecting the second Niger Bridge to Asaba and Onitsha. “Secondly, for the link-road that connects the second Niger Bridge to Asaba and Onitsha. The Asaba link-road was awarded to Julius Berger and the Onitsha link-road was awarded to RCC Construction at the total cost of N200.176 billion.

Every part of the country included
Re: FEC Approves N109.4bn For Ibadan – Ilesha – Ife, Kano – Katsina Dual Carriage Wa by niyidenrele: 3:55pm On Sep 26, 2019
IntrovertedK:
i'm not understanding you.

Does Ife share border with Akure directly?
...with the way you talk ,it means you v not travelled from Ibadan to Akure before,..now listen,if u r going to Akure from Ibadan,..when u get to Ife,instead of following the road to Ilesa ,you branched and follow the expressway that follow Arakeji,via Ijẹbu-Ijesa,Igbara-Oke,down to FUTA,.at the outskirts of Akure ......All there town I had earlier mentioned,apart from Igbara-Oke,all falls within Osun State.....so are u sure u v once travelled from Ibadan to Akure before?
Re: FEC Approves N109.4bn For Ibadan – Ilesha – Ife, Kano – Katsina Dual Carriage Wa by DrTee1(m): 8:33pm On Sep 26, 2019
IntrovertedK:
is that ilesha-Akure road that good? And i do you know if Ife-Ilesha is also good or any alternative route from Ibadan that will link to Ilesha-Akure? That Ife-Ondo road is somehow, too many hills and mountain climbing though the road is smooth but the hills in between from Ife-Ondo is something else and i think i'll really prefer some other roads that have lesser or no hill climbing. I always travel home at dawn because of the heavy vehicles, they lose control often driving on that hilly road.

The Akure-Ilesha road is almost as good as the Umaru Yaradua road in Abuja, except that it is a single lane road.

That said, the Ondo-Ife road is so bad that nobody can safely drive more than 100kmph for 7 continuous minutes. The asphalt is washed out in so many places that the wavy road (which is what you've described as mountaneous) is the least of the problems.
Re: FEC Approves N109.4bn For Ibadan – Ilesha – Ife, Kano – Katsina Dual Carriage Wa by abdullahimusa84: 1:27pm On Sep 27, 2019
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Not Like Sani Abacha - Femi Adesina / Babatunde Fowler Elected President Of Africa Tax Body / APC Members Are Being Harassed, Killed In PDP States - Oshiomhole Alleges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.