Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

President Buhari’s Full Speech At 74th Session Of UNGA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari’s Full Speech At 74th Session Of UNGA (210 Views)

Atiku Dazzles In New Photos As He Celebrates 74th Birthday / 12 Presidential Candidates Endorse Buhari [FULL LIST] / Tinubu Is Fully-in-charge Of my Presidential Campaign - Buhari (FULL SPEECH) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari’s Full Speech At 74th Session Of UNGA by Gemid94(m): 12:41pm On Sep 26, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari on the podium speaking to the UN General Assembly in New York on Tuesday, Sept. 24, 2019.

President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday addressed world leaders at the 74th Session of the United Nations General Assembly. He assured that Nigeria will live to expectations in its leadership.

The Permanent Representative of Nigeria to the UN, Amb. Tijani Muhammad-Bande, took office as President of the 74th session of the GA on Sept. 17.

In his address, the President called for strong action against xenophobia, racism, and abject poverty and also expressed concern about climate change which forced thousands to protest across the world, as well as terrorism and other forms of threat to life.

President Buhari was the fifth leader to speak after the Presidents of Brazil, United Nations, Egypt and Turkey.

Read President Buhari’s full speech at the meeting below:

Firstly I wish to thank the General Assembly for the honour bestowed on the Government and people of Nigeria by electing our national, His Excellency, Tijjani Muhammad-Bande to the Presidency of the 74th Session of this august body.

2. This is indeed a great honour!

3. Nigerians are truly grateful and shall endeavour to live up to the expectations and responsibilities thrust upon us.

4. Ambassador Muhammad-Bande is an experienced and seasoned diplomat and I am confident that he will prove to the International Community his suitability for this most demanding assignment.

5. Let me also offer my sincere thanks to the outgoing President, Her Excellency Maria Fernanda Espinosa Garces for her skill, resourcefulness and endless reservoir of patience in piloting the 73rd General Assembly.

6. In the same vein, may I commend the Secretary General, His Excellency Antonio Guterres for his tremendous energy, his genuine international outlook exhibited by his leadership of the United Nations.

Your Excellencies, Delegates,

7. The theme of the current General Assembly is: “Galvanising multilateral efforts for poverty eradication, quality education, climate action and inclusion”

8. These are the prime areas calling for collective action which will benefit national and global interests.

9. Today the world is at a critical juncture. This year marks the first anniversary of the International Day of Multilateralism and Diplomacy for Peace. This year also marks the 100 years of the founding of the League of Nations, leading eventually to the establishment of the United Nations as part of the post-World War II international order.

10. Article 1 (4) of the UN Charter called for “harmonising the actions of nations in the attainment of common ends”. These common ends include:

a. International peace and security;

b. Prosperity and social justice;

c. Respect for human dignity; and

d. Protection of the environment.

http://community.vanguardngr.com/forum/topics/president-buhari-s-full-speech-at-74th-session-of-unga

(1) (Reply)

Success Does Not Answers To Prophetic Declaration alone, MUST WATCH (video). / World Bank Lists Nigeria Among Top 20 Reformers In Ease Of Doing Business / Nigeria At 59: Fulfilling The Dreams Of Our Founding Fathers .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.