Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,218 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

$9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit (18145 Views)

Umahi Ask Judge To Withdraw His Motion For A Stay Of Execution / Oshiomhole: Appeal Court Grants Stay Of Execution On Abuja High Court Ruling / Timipre Sylva Says Appeal Court Has Granted APC Stay Of Execution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit by Murphy123: 4:32pm On Sep 26, 2019
Benwems:
Buhari is working kiss
Nextlevel doings embarassed lipsrsealed grin

I like the way you interpreted the court proceedings. Kudos!
Re: $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit by meavox: 4:32pm On Sep 26, 2019
Racoon:
$200M what? shocked Perhaps the Irish firm have also learnt the trick from the present fraudulent govt whose cabal are just milking Nigeria mercilessly.

It is the money of Southern Nigeria: the oil producing areas and Lagos taxes.

One Nigeria needs to partition into 2. With MB and South together, then Sharia-Arewa a separate country.

1 Like

Re: $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit by drlateef: 4:32pm On Sep 26, 2019
sassysure:
How about those that initiated this fake project?
Are they ghosts?

The pdp goons. Two of them are dead. They should be prosecuted posthumously.

1 Like

Re: $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit by Lifestone(m): 4:32pm On Sep 26, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Buhari should just pay this guys their money...

or Nigeria can be paying installmentally distributed within a period of 3 years....maybe with 2% Interest...

FG should pay up please.
Haaa. Are you a Nigerian?
Only somebody from South Africa can talk like this kilode !

3 Likes

Re: $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit by King44(m): 4:38pm On Sep 26, 2019
Racoon:
$200M what? shocked Perhaps the Irish firm have also learnt the trick from the present fraudulent govt whose cabal are just milking Nigeria mercilessly.
$200 milli to the court ah for what, what is the difference between P&ID and the court, PID wants to defraud the Gvt pending the case the court wants to chop its own cake out of Nigeria's money at the end of the day Nigeria gvt will defraud the us via different forms of taxation

later one idiot will come out with his stinking mouth to say Nigeria is a poor country
Re: $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 26, 2019
Lifestone:
Haaa. Are you a Nigerian? Only somebody from South Africa can talk like this kilode !

Let's pay up please.
We can do it.
Re: $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 26, 2019
they should not mess this up with the usual incompetence they display in EFCC trials o!!!
Re: $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 26, 2019
9jatriot:
UK wan use our money cushion the BREXIT misadventure effects.

Anyway it is form of surety right, let us pay it and then like Iran start dusting the files of SPDC and other British interest in Nigeria so that can understand we have small leverage.

The people who signed this type of deal and their supporters.... hmmm okay o.

shell is dutch company, we already nationalised BP during apartheid...it became AP and later Forte Oil.

1 Like

Re: $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit by jaxxy(m): 4:42pm On Sep 26, 2019
$200m security payment for what exactly?

1 Like

Re: $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit by baby124: 4:43pm On Sep 26, 2019
Security for what? Is the appeal not going to proceed? What are they securing. This is a scam through and through. With collaboration of British elements. Time to dust up British files.

1 Like

Re: $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit by wink2015(m): 4:45pm On Sep 26, 2019
AAJ50:
The English Commercial and Arbitration has ordered a stay of execution of the $9.6billion damages secured against Nigeria by Process and Industrial Developments (P&ID) pending the determination of an appeal by the Federal Government.

It however asked the government to make a security payment of $200million to the court.

The court also granted Nigeria’s leave to file an appeal against the award.

P&ID secured the damages against Nigeria following a failed Gas Supply Project Agreement (GSPA) contract between it and the Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources.

A brief by the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Abubakar Malami (SAN) from London said: “Stay of execution granted subject to payment of $200m security payment to court pending the determination of the appeal the leave for which has been granted by the commercial court

Source: https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-9-6b-award-uk-court-orders-stay-of-execution-demands-200m-security-deposit/

Cc

This action by the British court is to discipline Nigeria as a nation and the major actors that run our affairs.

There is gross indiscipline in our governmental institution.

This P & ID contract is similar in nature to the Bakassi Peninsular case which Nigeria lost to Cameroun.

Ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo recklessly traded off the Bakassi Peninsular following a world court judgment.

Till date the native of Bakassi are now refugee in Nigeria while their homeland has been awarded to Cameroun.

OBASANJO HAD THE OPTION OF NOT GOING TO COURT WITH CAMEROUN AND THE LAND WILL REMAIN SOLIDLY WITH NIGERIA BUT HE PLAYFULLY DO BUSYBODY AND NIGERIA LOST THE CASE.

THE POLITICIANS AND THEIR COHORT THAT MANAGE OUR AFFAIRS AS A NATION BRING SO MUCH EXECUTIVE RASCALITY THAT THEY SPOIL THINGS AND THEN GO AWAY.

TODAY, OBASANJO IS KEEPING QUIET ON THE P & ID CONTRACT BECAUSE OF HIS GROSS INCOMPETENCE IN MANAGING THE BAKASSI ISSUE.

WHO THEN CAN HE BOLDLY COME AND CORRECT AFTER MESSING UP IN HIS OWN ISSUES.

If Nigeria lost the P & ID case in London it will take its financial toll on Nigeria external reserves.

3 Likes

Re: $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit by Qadaffi2idiamin: 4:46pm On Sep 26, 2019
I thought ronaldo is a GOAT. Now I know the real GOAT lives in Aso rock grin
Re: $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 26, 2019
Benwems:
Buhari is working kiss
Nextlevel doings embarassed lipsrsealed grin

What da fuvk are you shining your teeth for, it's the over 200million Nigerians that will be taxed to pay that money, it ain't coming of Buharis pocket.

I curse who was ever involved in signing this fraudulent deal & their entire generation. And I hope brexit totally decimate that country economically
Re: $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit by successjohnny(m): 4:50pm On Sep 26, 2019
meavox:

It is the money of Southern Nigeria: the oil producing areas and Lagos taxes.

One Nigeria needs to partition into 2. With MB and South together, then Sharia-Arewa a separate country.

People like you should live alone in the bush. You think God is foolish for making us one country? No region is useless. Remember the "animal farm". If you separate, there'll still be further separation because there'll always be marginalization. No real equality in nature. Speak unity.

1 Like

Re: $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit by madenigga(m): 4:52pm On Sep 26, 2019
Racoon:
But your brain no tell you say no be him put us into this mess
Re: $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit by 9jatriot(m): 4:53pm On Sep 26, 2019
I know shell is dutch but I though Britain had some shares?
Are you saying Britain does not have any O&G interest in Nigeria, although I do not have any facts but I think they do. I remember one O&G expo held at Eko Hotel for british firms in Nigeria O&G, there were a considerable number of them. Maybe no big players like the likes of Chevron, Mobil and Agip.

isthatso:

shell is dutch company, we already nationalised BP during apartheid...it became AP and later Forte Oil.
Re: $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit by Validated: 4:55pm On Sep 26, 2019
$200b appears to represent 2%interest on $9.6b. Technically, by the time this appeal is finalised, the total indebtedness might have grown to $9.79b. I am one of those who believe that this government is on a wild-goose chase. Like I have stated before, this mess was exacerbated by the trio of Osinbajo, Malami and Buhari. While the latter was not knowledgeable on the consequences of pursuing the legal option, the duo of Osinbajo and Malami, both SANs should have known better. If they were professional enoigh, Nigeria needed not to go the legal way. This matter would have been settled with minimal damage in the sum of $850m or lower. However, they choose the legal way. We are not told how much they spent on the legal team that lost and how much they are spending on appeal. Perhaps, these legal costs would have paid a third or half of the negotiated $850m.

2 Likes

Re: $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 26, 2019
9jatriot:
I know shell is dutch but I though Britain had some shares?
Are you saying Britain does not have any O&G interest in Nigeria, although I do not have any facts but I think they do. I remember one O&G expo held at Eko Hotel for british firms in Nigeria O&G, there were a considerable number of them. Maybe no big players like the likes of Chevron, Mobil and Agip.

Shell is a dutch company, it is listed on the london exchange. The full name is royal dutch shell, head office in the netherlands.

I'm sure the British have interests, not sure which companies. BG is a british company
Re: $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit by successjohnny(m): 4:56pm On Sep 26, 2019
Rafiq2:

What da fuvk are you shining your teeth for, it's the over 200million Nigerians that will be taxed to pay that money, it ain't coming of Buharis pocket.

I curse who was ever involved in signing this fraudulent deal & their entire generation. And I hope brexit totally decimate that country economically

In as much as the deal was not entered to by this government, I believe the last government did it in good faith but saboteurs betrayed the faith reposed in them. This idea of getting rich at the expense of the welfare of over 200 million people is demonic. May God help us to get this one right and avoid paying anything to the crook, P&ID. Pay the $200m and sue any British business for tax evasion of $600m same week. Our judiciary should please cooperate as their is trying hard to raise money for Brexit. That's it.

2 Likes

Re: $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit by SenecaTheYonger: 5:02pm On Sep 26, 2019
MelesZenawi:

or Nigeria can be paying installmentally distributed within a period of 3 years....maybe with 2% Interest...

FG should pay up please.
9 billion dollars? Do you think taht's a small money for Nigeria? Do you know the kind of message you're sending? That you acn come and pick Nigeria's pocket. Those people won't get a dime. Let UK come and arrest Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit by SenecaTheYonger: 5:04pm On Sep 26, 2019
They should go to an American court. The Brits are still angry that Buhari tried to remove our stolen money from British Bank lol. Now I believe white people are still stealing from us.

1 Like

Re: $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit by Jaqenhghar: 5:04pm On Sep 26, 2019
MelesZenawi:

FG should pay up please.
I fear in the long run the govt will lose much more
Re: $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit by Jaqenhghar: 5:08pm On Sep 26, 2019
Validated:
$200b appears to represent 2%interest on $9.6b. Technically, by the time this appeal is finalised, the total indebtedness might have grown to $9.79b. I am one of those who believe that this government is on a wild-goose chase. Like I have stated before, this mess was exacerbated by the trio of Osinbajo, Malami and Buhari. While the latter was not knowledgeable on the consequences of pursuing the legal option, the duo of Osinbajo and Malami, both SANs should have known better. If they were professional enoigh, Nigeria needed not to go the legal way. This matter would have been settled with minimal damage in the sum of $850m or lower. However, they choose the legal way. We are not told how much they spent on the legal team that lost and how much they are spending on appeal. Perhaps, these legal costs would have paid a third or half of the negotiated $850m.
They will learn. The hard way. I keep saying it many people dont know how the world works. For many Niggerians they think the sun rises amd sets in theor backyard and the rest of the world is just water.

1 Like

Re: $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit by rhythyson: 5:09pm On Sep 26, 2019
and this wahala was caused by some ediots.

1 Like

Re: $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit by Jaqenhghar: 5:09pm On Sep 26, 2019
SenecaTheYonger:
They should go to an American court. The Brits are still angry that Buhari tried to remove our stolen money from British Bank lol. Now I believe white people are still stealing from us.
This is the kind of beer parlour intellectualism that brought this case to where it is. Ignorance is expensive

2 Likes

Re: $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit by Fidelismaria: 5:11pm On Sep 26, 2019
Zoogeria is in trouble
Re: $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit by SenecaTheYonger: 5:12pm On Sep 26, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

This is the kind of beer parlour intellectualism that brought this case to where it is. Ignorance is expensive
Yeah, I'm sure you think these pure white men are incorruptible. THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO MOTIVE BEHIND THIS AT ALL.
Re: $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit by cyrilamx(m): 5:19pm On Sep 26, 2019
isthatso:

Shell is owned by British and DUTCH . BP is different.
Re: $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit by dallyemmy: 5:24pm On Sep 26, 2019
THAT IS ABOUT $1 PER NIGERIAN CITIZEN. IS THE UK COURT ASKING $1 FROM EACH CITIZEN OF NIGERIA SINCE WE ARE ABOUT 200 MILLION?
Re: $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit by Jaqenhghar: 5:24pm On Sep 26, 2019
SenecaTheYonger:
Yeah, I'm sure you think these pure white men are incorruptible. THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO MOTIVE BEHIND THIS AT ALL.
Who is talking of purity here? No one gives a shít about motives or purity una must pay. The rest of the world is not like your shithole where you refuse to honour agreements and think you will get away with it. If you like sleep on NL challenging everyone
Re: $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit by kayusely70(m): 5:26pm On Sep 26, 2019
All those involved in the scam must be punished

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Governors Praise Tinubu-Shettima Ticket / 2019: PDP Plots Takeover Of APC Structures / Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.