Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,411 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali (31266 Views)

Customs: Hameed Ali Generates N799bn In 5 Months / Hameed Ali Marries Zainab Abdullahi As New Wife (Photos) / Customs Officer Promotes Self To CG, Asks Hameed Ali To Hand Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by OBAGADAFFI: 9:50pm On Sep 26, 2019
grin
Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by CrestMan: 9:53pm On Sep 26, 2019
When will FG close border on importation of GENERATORS? angry

3 Likes

Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by jayson87: 9:53pm On Sep 26, 2019
thewatcher2020:
Anyone can be a Dangote ... just get the government to stop others or frustrate them from doing the same business as you.

If you’re still not wealthy enough or other billionaires are closing the wealth gap on you, run to the government to block the borders. Simple.

American billionaires, I respect.
Nigerian billionaires, I don’t. Not even 1 billionaire is out to “create” solutions for problems. What we’ve got in Nigeria are merchants, not businessmen.
Thought I was the only one who knows this dangote's monopolistic means of making billions. Just watch when his refinery comes on stream, he will influence the government to stop importation of petroleum products, which is invariably good for us, but he is only doing that to his own advantage, that is why most products with the label dangote are sub-standard, from cement to sugar to floor, to noodles to spaghetti

2 Likes

Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by Davland(m): 10:03pm On Sep 26, 2019
I need someone within Ibadan who can be supplying 2, 000 Create of eggs weekly at cheapest price, I don't mind small size.
[/quote]

re u serious about the supply?
Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by niyidenrele: 10:03pm On Sep 26, 2019
martyns303:
A kilo of turkey is now N1700.
you meant imported Turkey That was preserved with Formarlin,a chemical used to embalm dead human in the hospital mortuary??..SMH, pls I beg of you ,to be careful on what u consume,it's not by fire by force to eat Frozen Turkey or chicken, imported abroad ,there are other alternatives

4 Likes

Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by SolarHub(m): 10:07pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ok

CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW
Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by maasoap(m): 10:13pm On Sep 26, 2019
passyhansome:
Nigeria practices a government I call CLOWNTOCRACY, we are been ruled by clowns the problem with this country is we don't tackle problem from the root, we always bank to empheral solution that has little or no effect.

We've been saying over the years that our borders are porous. So, if this is not the part of the solution, what is the solution my friend?

“But today, we have seen many of this ammunition in Nigeria, where are they coming from.

“They have compromised with some of us and some of you and I say to our officers; that weapons, that bullets you facilitate in transiting into Nigeria, you don’t know who will take it.

“The bandits, the armed robbers had no choice, your mother, my children, your sisters might be shot by that weapon,” the customs boss said.

1 Like

Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by Asowebdesign: 10:18pm On Sep 26, 2019
Busy002:

“We end up with ammunition that bandits use to kill our people; we don’t manufacture ammunition in this country, if we do it is only from one source and that source is well protected and documented.

At the emboldened... What kind of stupid contradictory statement is this
Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by DEBJOCH1(m): 10:19pm On Sep 26, 2019
martyns303:
. Dead and formalin infested Turkey right. I love the move, relocate to rural area with 100k you will start farm and eat as much as life chicken as you wish.

4 Likes

Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 26, 2019
zicoraads:

Bros... Wetin? cheesy grin

This your comment come funny me. Hope you are good man.
eh baba I hail o.
This side dey cool bros,hope say e dey turn up for your end?
Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by maasoap(m): 10:22pm On Sep 26, 2019
jayson87:
Thought I was the only one who knows this dangote's monopolistic means of making billions. Just watch when his refinery comes on stream, we will influence the government to stop importation of petroleum products, which is invariably good for us, ..................... but he is only doing that to his own advantage,

Confusion should be your middle name. Did you know how many Nigerians who really obtained licence to build refinery but refused to build until Dangote stepped in? The same thing goes for other products his companies are producing. There are wealthy people in this country but they refused to go into manufacturing because it takes time to break-even. Let's hail Dangote. Is he not a capitalists like the rest of us?

[s] that is why most products with the label dangote are sub-standard, from cement to sugar to floor, to noodles to spaghetti [/s]

Lie kil u dia. Dangote cement has standard that other cement companies are struggling to emulate.

2 Likes

Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by jayson87: 10:26pm On Sep 26, 2019
maasoap:

Confusion should be your middle name. Did you know how many Nigerians who really obtained licence to build refinery but refused to build until Dangote stepped in? The same thing goes for other products his companies are producing. There are wealthy people in this country but they refused to go into manufacturing because it takes time to break-even. Let's hail Dangote. Is he not a capitalists like the rest of us?

Lie kil u dia. Dangote cement has standard that other cement companies are struggling to emulate.
sure you work for dangote... this case is closed. I am a structural engineer mind you, i can hit you with reasonable facts, why we dont recommend dangote cement to builders

2 Likes

Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by dododawa1: 10:28pm On Sep 26, 2019
martyns303:
not must you eat turkey,their is chicken in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:32pm On Sep 26, 2019
so this is now the time you are talking. ....a whole custom boss
Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by wink2015(m): 10:32pm On Sep 26, 2019
crazygod:

But the problem now is the alternative is not available. Even where its available, its way more expensive that imported products. Until the necessary infrastructures are put in place, this border closure is just a simple case of increasing suffering

Hausa and Fulani leadership knows nothing about this simple economic policy.
Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by faithfull18(f): 11:05pm On Sep 26, 2019
iretemide:
With the security reason alone , I am satisfied to a degree. But concerning Rice and other commodities, I'm not satisfied, how on Earth will a bag of Rice rise to 25k.

I need someone within Ibadan who can be supplying 2, 000 Create of eggs weekly at cheapest price, I don't mind small size.
Which kind of security, I doubt there are walls or gates at the borders. Nigeria is separated from most countries by a piece of wood demarcating them so you can be in two countries at the same time so what are they closing
Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by Burger01(m): 11:05pm On Sep 26, 2019
martyns303:
I'm sorry to ask, is it more expensive or less expensive

1 Like

Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by 36STATES: 11:18pm On Sep 26, 2019
The only safe open boarders are the ones used by Fulanis to bring herdsmen from Niger, Chad, etc. The ones in the south are closed.

1 Like

Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by FManager(m): 11:26pm On Sep 26, 2019
passyhansome:
Nigeria practices a government I call CLOWNTOCRACY, we are been ruled by clowns the problem with this country is we don't tackle problem from the root, we always bank to empheral solution that has little or no effect.

Your level of ignorance is very baffling, and I need not to be surprised as you were born with such traits, seems you didn't suck enough milk form your mother's breast, which as a result of your mental deficiency.

Keep it up, nimp tongue angry

2 Likes

Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by ud4u: 11:34pm On Sep 26, 2019
ORIJIN201:
I'm not a fan of this govt, but I agree with this move 100%.
Nigerians and their love for foreign products is on another level. Even when the alternative is available, we go for the foreign product believing they are better. I have a friend with that shallow mentality, and many Nigerians are like that.
On the side of security, this is also a 'spot-on' move.

Our local rice now is 20,000 per bag, my friend what are portraying. Is this an achievement Some people now are finding more difficult to eat
Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 26, 2019
“The step we have taken is in the interest of Nigeria, the step is not to hurt anybody but to protect our own interests as a nation,” he said.
Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 26, 2019
“The step we have taken is in the interest of Nigeria, the step is not to hurt anybody but to protect our own interests as a nation,” he said.

No wonder we are not hurt...
Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by biz4realnair(m): 11:43pm On Sep 26, 2019
With the security reason alone , I am satisfied to a degree. But concerning Rice and other commodities, I'm not satisfied, how on Earth will a bag of Rice rise to 25k.

What is your location? Can we talk on WhatsApp 08102805200
Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 26, 2019
That's all well and good if they had actually closed off the border against foreign enemies. Having said that, I feel their action at this point is medicine after death. They are closing off the border after they had let in all these terrorists that are now wreaking havoc on the citizenry. You can't create a problem and then expect to be lauded for trying to alleviate it after the fact. Nigerian borders especially at the northern part had been so porous for decades especially during elections that closing them now would not reverse the damage that had already been done.
Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by Randy25: 12:00am On Sep 27, 2019
The stupidity of federal govt has no equal.
Book Haram is internal, Fulani herds men are intetnal, extra judicial killings of ipob by Nigeria army is also internal.
Tell me externalities that led to the closure of the borders? APC holistically lacked what it takes to manage govt.

1 Like

Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by LZAA: 12:34am On Sep 27, 2019
thewatcher2020:
Anyone can be a Dangote ... just get the government to stop others or frustrate them from doing the same business as you.

If you’re still not wealthy enough or other billionaires are closing the wealth gap on you, run to the government to block the borders. Simple.

American billionaires, I respect.
Nigerian billionaires, I don’t. Not even 1 billionaire is out to “create” solutions for problems. What we’ve got in Nigeria are merchants, not businessmen.
Finally someone calls it as it is
When i see ppl hailing dangote i just shocked
Well can't blame them
What u don't know won't hurt

1 Like

Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by LZAA: 12:40am On Sep 27, 2019
maasoap:

When the ussr broke up a few of it's elite monopolized state properties and it's economy and few still do today
Infact i think one even bought chelsea what's that his name...roman something
U hailing dangote as a capitalist is like saying roman and his ilk are saviours
Competition opens up the market
Monopoly destroys it
Now think about it sim cards used to cost thousands now networks dash them out
Imagine no just imagine if it was only mtn still running telecom in Nigeria
Yeah i thought so

3 Likes

Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by Afamed: 2:20am On Sep 27, 2019
LZAA:

When the ussr broke up a few of it's elite monopolized state properties and it's economy and few still do today
Infact i think one even bought chelsea what's that his name...roman something
U hailing dangote as a capitalist is like saying roman and his ilk are saviours
Competition opens up the market
Monopoly destroys it
Now think about it sim cards used to cost thousands now networks dash them out
Imagine no just imagine if it was only mtn still running telecom in Nigeria
Yeah i thought so
Have you suddenly forgone your Biafra or death National Anthem? You should be at UN declaring your Biafra now not meddling in the affairs of Nigeria borders closure

2 Likes

Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by LZAA: 2:29am On Sep 27, 2019
Afamed:

Have you suddenly forgone your Biafra or death National Anthem? You should be at UN declaring your Biafra now not meddling in the affairs of Nigeria borders closure
Sai ru.... grin
#ohamadike

Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by Afamed: 2:52am On Sep 27, 2019
LZAA:

Sai ru.... grin
#ohamadike
You still have not answered my question

1 Like

Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by Sleevia: 3:16am On Sep 27, 2019
Abeyjide:

local farmers will be encouraged. Create more job for those having interest in farming.
yeah, where are the local farmers? undecided we go carry microscope dey find them abi?
Re: Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali by LZAA: 3:17am On Sep 27, 2019
Afamed:

You still have not answered my question
U want to worship kanu and have ruga grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Refusal To Raise PDP Flag Cause Uproar In Ondo State / N-power: 109,823 Beneficiaries Now Business Owners – Sadiya Umar Farouq / A Reviewing Of What Obi & Shettima Said At NBA 2022 Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.