Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Dear Shoe Lovers, I Introduce To You Brogues!!!! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Dear Shoe Lovers, I Introduce To You Brogues!!!! (463 Views)

Dear Men, Stop Bleaching! / Man Tells Sanwo-Olu To Introduce Mode Of Dressing For Ladies In Lagos (Photos) / Dear Tailors: A Frustrated Customer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dear Shoe Lovers, I Introduce To You Brogues!!!! by herxix(m): 4:46am On Sep 27, 2019
Dear shoe lovers, I introduce to you brogues.

Yesterday I wrote a post to shoe lovers not being able to identify the shoe they rock and I was corrected by a senior cordwainer, that brogues are compound name for shoes. So today let's talk about brogues.

The word "brogue" came into English in the late sixteenth century. It comes from the Gaelic bróg (Irish), bròg (Scottish) "shoe", from the Old Norse "brók" meaning "leg covering".

Meanwhile, brogues denote “broguing,” a kind of ornamentation created by small perforations or holes. Any shoe with broguing is called a brogue. Brogues are typically meant for more casual affairs.

Brogues come in two styles: the Derby with open lacing and the Oxford with enclosed lacing. Brogues can be designed in the full brogue (wingtip), half brogue and quarter brogue.

Any well-dressed man worth his salt should have a brogue shoes in his closet.

(1) (Reply)

FrankyDave fashion academy / I’m enotyd) / Model Casting Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.