Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,680 members, 7,823,919 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Robert Garrison, Who Played Tommy In The Original “karate Kid,” Is Dead At 59 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Robert Garrison, Who Played Tommy In The Original “karate Kid,” Is Dead At 59 (567 Views)

10 Years After He Acted Karate Kid, Check Out Pictures Of The Main Actor / The Karate Kid Cast Now Grown Up - Jaden Smith And Wenwenhan / Simi Shows Off Her Flat Tommy In See Through As She Poses Like A Gang Star (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robert Garrison, Who Played Tommy In The Original “karate Kid,” Is Dead At 59 by Bloggerweysabi: 6:09am On Sep 28, 2019
"Karate Kid" Actor Robert Garrison Dead At 59

Robert Garrison
Rest In Peace, Rob Garrison. 

Fans of the classic film Karate Kid will be sad to know that actor Rob Garrison has passed away, CNN reports. Garrison was known for his work in the Karate Kid franchise, in not only the original film, but also, Cobra Kai, a YouTube Original that served as a spin-off. The actor passed away on Friday morning at the age of 59. Garrison has reportedly been hospitalized for the past month with kidney and liver issues. His organs shut down during treatment at a hospital in Virginia.

"Rob was a great person and ambassador to 'The Karate Kid' legacy," Rick Henriques, Garrison's rep, said in a statement. "His performance in Season 2 of 'Cobra Kai,' being his last, was simply amazing and he stole the episode. He will be missed by me and everyone he encountered."

Garrison took on the role of Tommy in Karate Kid in 1984 and later reprised the role for Cobra Kai which is a spin-off series that picks up on their characters as adults. He was known for his iconic line in Karate Kid, "Get him a body bag!.

Jon Hurwitz, writer and producer of Cobra Kai, shared a statement earlier today on Twitter. "Our entire Karate Kid/Cobra Kai family is devastated by the news of OG Cobra Rob Garrison's passing. He was a truly gifted performer and an even better man. My heart goes out to Rob's family during this difficult time," he wrote.

Rest In Peace Rob Garrison.

https://hotnewhiphop.net/robert-garrison-played-tommy-original-karate-kid-dead-59/

1 Like

Re: Robert Garrison, Who Played Tommy In The Original “karate Kid,” Is Dead At 59 by Bloggerweysabi: 6:11am On Sep 28, 2019
Really made my childhood.. Rip

1 Like

Re: Robert Garrison, Who Played Tommy In The Original “karate Kid,” Is Dead At 59 by subtlemee(f): 6:20am On Sep 28, 2019
God please may I be remembered for something when I'm gone ....RIP Rob
Re: Robert Garrison, Who Played Tommy In The Original “karate Kid,” Is Dead At 59 by Bloggerweysabi: 2:31pm On Sep 28, 2019
Amen.. Something good
subtlemee:
God please may I be remembered for something when I'm gone ....RIP Rob

(1) (Reply)

Actress Adesua Etomi Deletes Her Instagram Account / The Headies Award Starts 7pm Tonight, Who Will Win The 'next Rated Award' / Tacha Replies A Troll Who Body-shamed Her For Having ‘flat Tyre Boobs’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.