Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Ask Me Anything About Canada Study Permit! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ask Me Anything About Canada Study Permit! (456 Views)

Canada Study Route For A Pharmacist / Canada Study Permit- Canada Study Visa Agency In Nigeria / Canada Study Permit-the Best Canada Visa Agent In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ask Me Anything About Canada Study Permit! by SOPWriter: 8:25am On Sep 28, 2019
Students from all over the world apply to attend America's colleges and universities, but one country is now more popular than ever with international applicants — Canada.

Re: Ask Me Anything About Canada Study Permit! by SOPWriter: 8:26am On Sep 28, 2019
The American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers surveyed over 250 American colleges and universities and found that 39 percent of Americans schools witnessed a decline in international applications in the last year.

Canadian schools, on the other hand, have seen a dramatic increase in applications from abroad. For example, Wilfrid Laurier University reported 32 percent increase in applications from abroad, McMaster University reported a 33 percent increase and the University of Toronto (Canada's top-ranked and largest university) saw a 20 percent increase.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Canada Study Permit! by SOPWriter: 8:31am On Sep 28, 2019
When Leigh-Ellen Keating, director of international services at Brock University in Ontario, attended a recruitment fair in Mexico, she saw first-hand how drastically Canada's popularity had increased. She told Inside Higher Ed, "The table was flooded with people, which is not historically what I have seen. They just want to go to Canada, which could also be based on the easy way of naturalization and PR opportunity.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Canada Study Permit! by SOPWriter: 8:35am On Sep 28, 2019
The average cost for an international student to attend a public university in Canada is approximately $17,264, compared to the cost for international students to study at a four-year public college in the United States (could be as high as $24,930).
Re: Ask Me Anything About Canada Study Permit! by SOPWriter: 8:43am On Sep 28, 2019
THE FLEXIBILITY IN NATURALIZATION

There are several permanent resident categories that you may fit into, including the Canadian Experience Class, the Federal Skilled Worker Program, and the Provincial Nominee Program.

Some of those categories require eligible Canadian work experience. If you want to work in Canada after you graduate from your studies, you must apply for a work permit under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program.

NOTE: Completing an Express Entry profile is the first step to immigrate to Canada permanently as a skilled worker. Completing an Express Entry profile does not guarantee that you will receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence. An Invitation to Apply for permanent residence will be based on your score and rank in the Express Entry pool.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=514&top=15

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Anything About Canada Study Permit! by SOPWriter: 10:50am On Sep 29, 2019
SOPWriter:
QUALITY EDUCATION

Education

But it’s not just about how it’s perceived. Academically, many Canadian universities are respected and highly ranked. Times Higher Education listed 27 Canadian universities among the best in the world for this year, 2019. Three are in the Top 50, which are University of Toronto, University of British Columbia and McGill University. Especially the first two are highly respected for their research and high-quality academic work.

As mentioned earlier, undergraduate degrees in Canada can last three or four years. For post-graduate, it can be between one and three years depending on the program of study as well. Other types of higher education include community colleges and institutes. Each province may manage its universities slightly differently, but in general there seems to be a focus for research and respect for students to show interest in a specific area and explore it more deeply.

Go Canada!
Have you considered this?

(1) (Reply)

Eksu Medical Students Shines, Clinches 1st Position / Zhejiang University CSC Scholarship 2020 | Study In China / Milano Properties Sign Sophia Williams As Their New Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.