Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,314 members, 7,954,264 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:41 PM

Material And Metallurgical Engineering - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Material And Metallurgical Engineering (1128 Views)

Mechanical Engineering Or Metallurgical Engineering / Mateeials And Metallurgical Engineering: Final Year Project Topic / Materials And Metallurgical Engineering Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Material And Metallurgical Engineering by Aguemma(m): 9:56pm On Sep 28, 2019
Hello NL,I got an admission to study Material and metallurgical engineering ..The questions bothering me are:
What are the career opportunities in studying material and metallurgical engineering.
And also is the course relevant to study in Nigeria.

Please I need an advice.
Re: Material And Metallurgical Engineering by Abbeysunday(m): 10:01pm On Sep 28, 2019
Unilorin right??

1 Like

Re: Material And Metallurgical Engineering by iHart(m): 10:18pm On Sep 28, 2019
Because of the nature of our country, engineers are reduced to technicians. If you going for the course, focus on welding and or corrosion engineering because at the end of the day, you are most likely going to be a technician.
Re: Material And Metallurgical Engineering by Aguemma(m): 10:40pm On Sep 28, 2019
iHart:
Because of the nature of our country, engineers are reduced to technicians. If you going for the course, focus on welding and or corrosion engineering because at the end of the day, you are most likely going to be a technician.

Thanks
Re: Material And Metallurgical Engineering by Aguemma(m): 10:40pm On Sep 28, 2019
Abbeysunday:
Unilorin right??
No
Re: Material And Metallurgical Engineering by iaamxavier(m): 10:57pm On Sep 28, 2019
You go dey sell iron condemn na grin tongue
Re: Material And Metallurgical Engineering by samwise180(m): 12:24am On Sep 29, 2019
which school
Re: Material And Metallurgical Engineering by Aguemma(m): 11:06am On Sep 29, 2019
samwise180:
which school
Unn
Re: Material And Metallurgical Engineering by yusman14(m): 3:05pm On Sep 29, 2019
congratulations on your admission..

I am a 200level student of MME(OAU)..
MME is d branch of engineering that deals with d design, production and development of modern,old existing materials...
it shows d relationship btw micro structure and engineering properties of materials even at nanoscale levels...

it is wide just like mechanical....but trust me it is a wonderful course...In the USA,MME is d second highest paid engineering field after aeronautical engineering....
The first thing is to face your study because we do offer d highest work load in faculty of tech . others Dept can't survive without us...

Have a good and solid foundation..
Have a good CGPA so u can do your masters abroad.....

1 Like

Re: Material And Metallurgical Engineering by Aguemma(m): 3:19pm On Sep 29, 2019
yusman14:
congratulations on your admission..

I am a 200level student of MME(OAU)..
MME is d branch of engineering that deals with d design, production and development of modern,old existing materials...
it shows d relationship btw micro structure and engineering properties of materials even at nanoscale levels...

it is wide just like mechanical....but trust me it is a wonderful course...In the USA,MME is d second highest paid engineering field after aeronautical engineering....
The first thing is to face your study because we do offer d highest work load in faculty of tech . others Dept can't survive without us...

Have a good and solid foundation..
Have a good CGPA so u can do your masters abroad.....

Thanks for the encouragement.
Re: Material And Metallurgical Engineering by yusman14(m): 3:38pm On Sep 29, 2019
Aguemma:

Thanks for the encouragement.
You are welcome..
u can work in most engineering companies..but u know d situation of this country...go to seminars,read wide and improve on yourself....
u have a chance in

petroleum industry
aviation industry
agroallied industry
ceramic and brewery industry
automobile industry
research industry... and many more
Re: Material And Metallurgical Engineering by Chidexter(m): 8:50pm On Sep 29, 2019
Aguemma:

Unn
Welcome to the den bro. the course is lit, and i think theres like two workshops for this course at the back of biological science building
Re: Material And Metallurgical Engineering by Tzaga: 6:16pm On Apr 03, 2022
Please I need you guys advice , I'm currently in Eksu studying SLT( chemistry techniques) but I was scared because the job opportunities later in future so I choosed metallurgical and material engineering in FUTA and I was admitted but I'm scared , please which one has more opportunities in the future

(1) (Reply)

WAEC Announces Date To Release WASSCE Results / Nigerian Govt Threatens ASUU; Begins Registration Of Rival Union / See The List Of Universities That Have Resumed To Complete Their Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.