Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,343 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Do We Really Need To Pray?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do We Really Need To Pray?? (490 Views)

21 Prayer Points For Children, To Pray Always As A Parent / Pastor Touching Men's Manhood To Pray For Them (Video) / Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Really Need To Pray?? by JhayJoe: 11:41pm On Sep 28, 2019
I've been raised in a christain home and what i never understood was the issue of prayer cause it is generally believed that God is ominiscient and that means that he knows everything? So in that sense it's just a Father saying that untill his son who is suffering goes on his knees and begs Him that he won't assist him.

So I'm just looking for some explanation
Re: Do We Really Need To Pray?? by TVSA: 12:26am On Sep 29, 2019
My earthly father didn't treat me like that. I didn't have to beg him before he fed me or pay my school fee. These were his responsibilities, I didn't have to remind him.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do We Really Need To Pray?? by orisa37: 3:53am On Sep 29, 2019
Yes. Prayer is in our Feelings, Thoughts and Reasoning. Feel, Think and Reason Righteously always.
Re: Do We Really Need To Pray?? by JhayJoe: 8:55am On Sep 29, 2019
TVSA:
My earthly father didn't treat me like that. I didn't have to beg him before he fed me or pay my school fee. These were his responsibilities, I didn't have to remind him.
If your father who is imperfect,may forget things could put it as a point of priority to help you without you even asking or knowing then why does our almighty father need us to stroke his ego

1 Like

Re: Do We Really Need To Pray?? by MJBOLT: 9:23am On Sep 29, 2019
the earlier you realise that religion is a scam,the better for you

Re: Do We Really Need To Pray?? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:37am On Sep 29, 2019
YES. THERE'S EVERY NEED FOR US TO PRAY.
WE NEED TO INSTRUCT AN ALL-KNOWING ALMIGHTY GOD ON WHAT TO DO, AND ORDER WHATEVER WE WANT BECAUSE APPARENTLY, WE KNOW BETTER THAN HIM.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do We Really Need To Pray?? by LordReed(m): 11:41am On Sep 29, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:
YES. THERE'S EVERY NEED FOR US TO PRAY.
WE NEED TO INSTRUCT AN ALL-KNOWING ALMIGHTY GOD ON WHAT TO DO, AND ORDER WHATEVER WE WANT BECAUSE APPARENTLY, WE KNOW BETTER THAN HIM.

Yep, absolutely self-centred and arrogant.
Re: Do We Really Need To Pray?? by TVSA: 1:22pm On Sep 29, 2019
JhayJoe:
If your father who is imperfect,may forget things could put it as a point of priority to help you without you even asking or knowing then why does our almighty father need us to stroke his ego
I think we are saying the same thing

Re: Do We Really Need To Pray?? by orunto27: 1:36pm On Sep 29, 2019
To Pray is to ASK, KNOCK, SEARCH, LOOK INTO, INQUIRE, INVESTIGATE etc.
In John's Gospel 16 : 24 Christ instructed us to ask and command for anything in His Name.
Prayer is The Key and The Food of God. We must give it in sufficient measure to make God happy with us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do We Really Need To Pray?? by JhayJoe: 2:20pm On Sep 29, 2019
orunto27:
To Pray is to ASK, KNOCK, SEARCH, LOOK INTO, INQUIRE, INVESTIGATE etc.
In John's Gospel 16 : 24 Christ instructed us to ask and command for anything in His Name.
Prayer is The Key and The Food of God. We must give it in sufficient measure to make God happy with us.
I thought praise and worship was his food?
Re: Do We Really Need To Pray?? by tommy40(m): 5:21pm On Sep 29, 2019
JhayJoe:
I've been raised in a christain home and what i never understood was the issue of prayer cause it is generally believed that God is ominiscient and that means that he knows everything? So in that sense it's just a Father saying that untill his son who is suffering goes on his knees and begs Him that he won't assist him.

So I'm just looking for some explanation

There are certain things God in His infinite mercy has given us freely without us asking Him. Examples are the air we breath, the sun that gives us light, the rain that gives water makes plant to grow, the soil that produces food and the food itself which grows from the soil.
If all the parts of your body are functioning properly you should be thankful to God for this because not everybody has that luxury.
Just imagine a situation where there is no air anymore for us to breath? Your guess is as good as mine. All souls would die. Do you know that God can even be discriminate in His judgement? He can decide to kill all wicked souls and spare the few people who are a bit kind? But He didn't do it.
Remember that in the garden of Eden God has cursed man that out of the sweat of his face he would eat? That curse is still effective!
Now apart from those things God has given us freely without asking Him, if there is any other thing you need, you must ask God because that is what bonds you to God. Prayer is the proof of your relationship with God.
You said your earthly father does everything for you without you asking or begging but that's not true. There are people whose parents want to study medicine but they wanted to study engineering. They had to beg their father before they were allowed. Some fathers even refused bluntly. There are people who had someone they were in love with but their parents refused for their own personal reasons.
Prayer proves that your heart is still with God. It is a way of greeting Him. It proves that you still believe and trust in Him.
Re: Do We Really Need To Pray?? by JhayJoe: 6:24pm On Sep 29, 2019
Remember that the Bible at Luke 12:22-31 also said that "We stop being in anxious supense cause your Father knows you need these things".

cc:tommy40
Re: Do We Really Need To Pray?? by xproducer: 8:10pm On Sep 29, 2019
If we are to follow the perfect example of our Lord of Jesus, Who prayed always, so should we.

It is important to humble oneself before the Almighty GOD, in prayer (and at all times).

Matthew 7:7-11
Keep Asking, Seeking, Knocking
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!"

"Pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." - 1 Thessalonians 5:17-19

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:6-7

(1) (Reply)

Deduct Tithes Straight From Workers’ Salaries, Archbishop Begs Govt / Ibrahim Abdullahi A Fulani Man Shares What Jesus Told Him (video) / Fear Has Taken Over My Life Since I Moved In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.