Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,417 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Google Map Saw God: - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Google Map Saw God: (1667 Views)

Beware: This Is What My Brother Saw In A New Sealed Apple Mackbook Pro Carton. / How To Use Google Map / Download Abuja Map, Lagos Island Map, 1999 Constitution And More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Google Map Saw God: by LIFESTYLE: 2:43am On Nov 03, 2010
This might look strange or ridiculous but it looks real, I came across this article online and i felt like sharing it with you guys,

source: http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/10/19/5316116-google-maps-got-god

quote from the article:

You tell us, do you see the divine in the snapshot? Well, do you?
It may not be Grilled Cheesus, but it is this side of "Paranormal Activity," to say the least.
This picture, taken for Google Street View off a road west of Quarten, Switzerland, has been making the rounds today, with commentary from the likes of Buzzfeed and Gawker.
Just having the picture available is a big step from where Switzerland was last year, when Switzerland's federal data protection commissioner demanded that Google Inc. immediately take down any "Street View" images, which he said violated the country's strict privacy laws. The Huffington Post reported on this and how blurring pictures is apparently not an uncommon way to preserve anonymity there.
The kid in me who went to Baptist bible summer school (and later the spiritual adult who reconciled this with Buddhism) wants to believe that there is a greater force up there, but why is it above Lake Walensee, and why at that particular moment? How Mothman!
Gawker commenters made some guesses:
"Psh. Just an obvious publicity stunt for Jesus' reality show."
"No. It's clearly Rand Paul and Sarah Palin. They are appearing in a Godless country like Switzerland in an attempt to save their souls."
"Totally NOT God. A tall figure, robed and hooded in black. That is DEATH. And Mr. Death is obviously escourting a woman in a pink nightgown to the next world. Death must be so embarassed about being caught on camera."
What do you think it is?
http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/10/19/5316116-google-maps-got-god

(1) (Reply)

Reverse Osmosis(RO)Water Purifier & Dispenser For Sale / Buy yr U.s Used s4 (black), note3 (black) In Owerri (futo) / In Need Of An Electric Typewriter: IBM/BROTHER

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.