Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,649 members, 7,813,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

BREAKING: Buhari’s Government Arrests Another Journalist, Chido Onumah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Buhari’s Government Arrests Another Journalist, Chido Onumah (519 Views)

Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" / DSS: How We Rescued Chido Onumah From Intended Mob Attack / Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Buhari’s Government Arrests Another Journalist, Chido Onumah by happney65: 7:20pm On Sep 29, 2019
The President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration has arrested another journalist and critic of the regime, Chido Onumah.

Onumah was arrested by personnel of the Department of State Services at the Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja.

His arrest was confirmed to SaharaReporters by a lawyer, Mbaseki Martins-Obono, who said the government was doing everything to shrink civic space.

The lawyer said, “Chido Onumah has just been arrested by the DSS at Abuja International Airport.

"It is not clear what the offense is but it may not be unconnected with his book, 'We Are All Biafrians'.

"The government is doing everything to shrink civic space but we will not let them.

“I was called by the person who was supposed to pick him up at the airport.”

Onumah’s latest book was published in December 2018.

Onumah is a Nigerian/Canadian journalist, author, blogger and rights activist.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/09/29/breaking-buhari%E2%80%99s-government-arrests-another-journalist-chido-onumah?fbclid=IwAR12FE5JT5STP_MKwsz0q8mm7MPi5wbZ64fGfAJznl36ch-HYRNOZ5i5tcM
Re: BREAKING: Buhari’s Government Arrests Another Journalist, Chido Onumah by XploreLife(m): 7:21pm On Sep 29, 2019
Someone wrote a book titled "We are all Biafrans" and you are still not sure what his crime is, really? Are you that dumb?

If the law could permit Buhari. I am very sure he is going to roast the man.

Because to him, being a Biafran activist is like forming a coup against him.

Dont you just get it? He is tribalistic. He is daft. He is cunny and a democratic-dictator.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari’s Government Arrests Another Journalist, Chido Onumah by successmatters(m): 7:24pm On Sep 29, 2019
"We are all Biafrans"

One day, the whole middle belt and south of Nigeria will be wishing they understood the meaning.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari’s Government Arrests Another Journalist, Chido Onumah by NwaNimo1(m): 7:24pm On Sep 29, 2019
Dictatorship!
Re: BREAKING: Buhari’s Government Arrests Another Journalist, Chido Onumah by Mynd44: 7:33pm On Sep 29, 2019

(1)

Governor Okezie Ikpeazu Upgrades Aba Shoe Industry, Trains 30 Youths In China / Emir Sanusi Cries As He Narrate How A Sick Child Died In His Mother Arms Over $5 / Aisha Buhari Vs Fatima Daura - See How Daura Is Controlling Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.