Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma (2823 Views)

Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" / DSS: How We Rescued Chido Onumah From Intended Mob Attack / Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma by dokyOloye: 7:45pm On Sep 29, 2019
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/355058-breaking-sss-arrests-nigerian-activist-chido-onumah.html/amp/

SS arrests Nigerian activist Chido Onumah
September 29, 2019Azeezat Adedigba
Nigeria’s State Security Service, SSS, has arrested an activist, Chido Onumah.

Mr Onumah, a journalist and author, was arrested at the Abuja airport on Sunday evening, an associate told PREMIUM TIMES.

The journalist returned to Nigeria from Spain where he recently bagged a doctorate in communication studies.

He arrived via a Lufthansa airline and was waiting for his luggage at about 5:00 p.m. when SSS officials accosted him, the associate who was at the airport to receive Mr Onumah told PREMIUM TIMES.

It is believed that Mr Onumah, at about 5:00 p.m., was taken to the SSS headquarters in Abuja.

Mr Onumah, author of We Are All Biafrans, is a regular columnist and is an editorial board member of PREMIUM TIMES.

He has, using his writings and his civic whistleblowers’ network, called for good governance and anti-corruption in Nigeria. He is also an advocate for the restructuring of the Nigerian federation.

The SSS is yet to give any reason for Mr Onumah’s arrest.

Efforts to reach the SSS spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, were not successful on Sunday evening. He did not pick calls to his phone.

More details to follow…

Mynd44

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma by johnkay1(m): 7:49pm On Sep 29, 2019
The guy is about to be inflicted with Soworenism
Re: Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 29, 2019
Buhari is a dictator.

3 Likes

Re: Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma by scribble: 7:58pm On Sep 29, 2019
Buhari does not like people who go to school

Once youre a brainless slowpoke who can lead a cow around with a stick and detain his detractors youre his best zombies

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma by kufre2010: 7:59pm On Sep 29, 2019
NORTH’S 2023 DREAM A BIG JOKE AND A THREAT TO AFRICAN PROGRESS!

Nigerian politicians are busy scheming for the 2023 presidency like all that matters in leadership is occupying the presidential office and personalizing other high places in the political stratosphere with the sole aim of bleeding the economy into their selfish pockets. Northern Nigerian politicians as the dominant specie of political Nigeria’s elites have been spitting and threatening to plant one of their own in Aso Rock after the expiration of Muhammadu Buhari’s tenure. It is interesting to note that the same ‘Zoning’ which Northern politicians emphasized as just and legitimate for producing Nigeria’s president is now being regarded by them as an unreliable formula in the face of the fact that ‘Zoning’ in 2023 will favor the presidency’s shift to the South, precisely the South-West, South-South and or South-East. Who do they think they are? Nigeria’s owners?

I advise Northern politicians not to take Maharaj Ji’s simplicity and seemingly silent disposition to Nigeria’s sustained political ghettorization by them and their littering Southern pones for granted! Maharaj Ji has been the one guiding and protecting Nigeria spiritually to its present stage. As the current Supreme Light of Creation, the devious games and criminal plans of Northern politicians against Nigeria’s progress and existence are all known and it is on the basis of My unwavering Divine commitment to protect and salvage Nigeria from their satanic agenda, as co-scripted and approved by Britain and Saudi Arabia, both being their principal external cohorts, that I have allowed Nigeria to evolve in a way that appears to them as evidence of their invincibility. Evolution as against revolution stands-out as the appropriate route to guide booty-trapped Nigeria through to its destined shore of grace and glory. The option of revolution plays straight into the Annihilation Plan of the Northern political oligarchy against Nigeria!

Now that Nigeria has been successfully guided off the war-trap set by elite never-do-wells of Northern Nigeria with the ignorant support of neo-colonialist Southerners who are unaware that their minds are being conditioned and manipulated to go to war to enable the Europeans to re-colonize the country again. I advise them to stop sniffing the glue and to also stop drinking the codeine that gets them high into believing that Nigeria is their birthright and leprosy centre! Enough is enough! How much power do they have over death? Do they know what life is and what it is truly worth? Is any of them IBB, El-Rufai, Abdulsalam, Tanko Yakassai, Bukola Saraki, Myetti Allah, El-Zakzaky, Ali Modu Sheriff to mention but few, sure of being alive in 2023?

Instead of focusing on how to reduce Nigeria’s mountainous and disgraceful problems, all they commit their time and energy to is the presidency – how to occupy it until extinct Mohammed comes knocking! Our children are suffering and getting increasingly angry! They are taking up extreme crimes to put food on their tables and to put clothes on their backs! Our workers are working more for less, unable to fend for their families adequately with the paltry salary they are paid by a system that feeds politicians increasingly fatter with money meant for public welfare. Hospitals are insufficient in number. The ones available are under-equipped. People go there for cure and are swallowed by death! What a tragedy!

Our schools are now brothels where randy men go to shop for prostitutes. Indeed, our daughters now sell their virtue to buy books and food at school! Our sons are now deadly kidnappers, desperate and avid subscribers to blood-rituals for money-making! What about the police and soldiers that politicians use to capriciously maim and kill Nigerians protesting against their demonic governance? Are they well-catered for?

Patience is running out on all politicians who believe that God is either asleep or is their cohort. Soon the demonism and witchcraft that drives their spirit against unity, peace, progress and happiness in Nigeria will be arrested by Maharaj Ji and the world will know who is actually who! Nigeria will not be raped and ruined forever! The country destined to lead Africa and the world in the emerging Golden Age of global peace and abundance for all cannot be robbed eternally. No condition is permanent!

As for serpentine behaviors of certain African leaders and politicians like those who are diverting public money meant for public utilities and developmental projects for private use and forcing us on the road for fifteen (15) hours on a journey of 70 Kilometers and who are opposing laws for the common good of the people for their personal interests, crawling from coven to mosque and the church in their satanic commitment to keeping us rotten and wretched, I remind them that no matter how big or poisonous a snake is, it cannot escape ‘disgrace’ when its time of tyrannical presence in the wrong place expires. I advise politicians of their kind spread across Nigeria and Africa to leave the people alone before it’s too late for them to cry and beg. A word is enough for the wise. I have close to a thousand speaking to them here!

My Love and Blessings
SATGURU MAHARAJ JI
Re: Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma by Inteltower: 7:59pm On Sep 29, 2019
you redundant youths keep commenting while the political elites run This country to ground. it is time for an uprising. reacting online will not solve the problem offline.

Join the We Vote Movement

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma by dokyOloye: 8:15pm On Sep 29, 2019
Inteltower:
you redundant youths keep commenting while the political elites run This country to ground. it is time for an uprising. reacting online will not solve the problem offline.

My brother.
Some of us travel more than 500km to vote during every political season.
I don't know which sacrifice or protest that is greater than that.
I still wonder how Buhari managed to get majority votes in an enlightened region like d south west after a disastrous first term.
Uprisings,protest is useless where a crude dictator like Buhari is.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma by Inteltower: 8:20pm On Sep 29, 2019
dokyOloye:

My brother.
I still wonder how Buhari managed to get majority votes in an enlightened region like d south west after a disastrous first term.

this Uprising/evolution is tactical & can challenge this impunity & failed system.
trust me it work..we members.. because our strength is in our numbers
Re: Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 29, 2019
A dangerous precedent is being set here. Nigeria is rapidly sliding into full blown dictatorship. You can't but help sense the manifestation of insecurities by those in power

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma by mrvitalis(m): 8:38pm On Sep 29, 2019
kufre2010:
NORTH’S 2023 DREAM A BIG JOKE AND A THREAT TO AFRICAN PROGRESS!

Nigerian politicians are busy scheming for the 2023 presidency like all that matters in leadership is occupying the presidential office and personalizing other high places in the political stratosphere with the sole aim of bleeding the economy into their selfish pockets. Northern Nigerian politicians as the dominant specie of political Nigeria’s elites have been spitting and threatening to plant one of their own in Aso Rock after the expiration of Muhammadu Buhari’s tenure. It is interesting to note that the same ‘Zoning’ which Northern politicians emphasized as just and legitimate for producing Nigeria’s president is now being regarded by them as an unreliable formula in the face of the fact that ‘Zoning’ in 2023 will favor the presidency’s shift to the South, precisely the South-West, South-South and or South-East. Who do they think they are? Nigeria’s owners?

I advise Northern politicians not to take Maharaj Ji’s simplicity and seemingly silent disposition to Nigeria’s sustained political ghettorization by them and their littering Southern pones for granted! Maharaj Ji has been the one guiding and protecting Nigeria spiritually to its present stage. As the current Supreme Light of Creation, the devious games and criminal plans of Northern politicians against Nigeria’s progress and existence are all known and it is on the basis of My unwavering Divine commitment to protect and salvage Nigeria from their satanic agenda, as co-scripted and approved by Britain and Saudi Arabia, both being their principal external cohorts, that I have allowed Nigeria to evolve in a way that appears to them as evidence of their invincibility. Evolution as against revolution stands-out as the appropriate route to guide booty-trapped Nigeria through to its destined shore of grace and glory. The option of revolution plays straight into the Annihilation Plan of the Northern political oligarchy against Nigeria!

Now that Nigeria has been successfully guided off the war-trap set by elite never-do-wells of Northern Nigeria with the ignorant support of neo-colonialist Southerners who are unaware that their minds are being conditioned and manipulated to go to war to enable the Europeans to re-colonize the country again. I advise them to stop sniffing the glue and to also stop drinking the codeine that gets them high into believing that Nigeria is their birthright and leprosy centre! Enough is enough! How much power do they have over death? Do they know what life is and what it is truly worth? Is any of them IBB, El-Rufai, Abdulsalam, Tanko Yakassai, Bukola Saraki, Myetti Allah, El-Zakzaky, Ali Modu Sheriff to mention but few, sure of being alive in 2023?

Instead of focusing on how to reduce Nigeria’s mountainous and disgraceful problems, all they commit their time and energy to is the presidency – how to occupy it until extinct Mohammed comes knocking! Our children are suffering and getting increasingly angry! They are taking up extreme crimes to put food on their tables and to put clothes on their backs! Our workers are working more for less, unable to fend for their families adequately with the paltry salary they are paid by a system that feeds politicians increasingly fatter with money meant for public welfare. Hospitals are insufficient in number. The ones available are under-equipped. People go there for cure and are swallowed by death! What a tragedy!

Our schools are now brothels where randy men go to shop for prostitutes. Indeed, our daughters now sell their virtue to buy books and food at school! Our sons are now deadly kidnappers, desperate and avid subscribers to blood-rituals for money-making! What about the police and soldiers that politicians use to capriciously maim and kill Nigerians protesting against their demonic governance? Are they well-catered for?

Patience is running out on all politicians who believe that God is either asleep or is their cohort. Soon the demonism and witchcraft that drives their spirit against unity, peace, progress and happiness in Nigeria will be arrested by Maharaj Ji and the world will know who is actually who! Nigeria will not be raped and ruined forever! The country destined to lead Africa and the world in the emerging Golden Age of global peace and abundance for all cannot be robbed eternally. No condition is permanent!

As for serpentine behaviors of certain African leaders and politicians like those who are diverting public money meant for public utilities and developmental projects for private use and forcing us on the road for fifteen (15) hours on a journey of 70 Kilometers and who are opposing laws for the common good of the people for their personal interests, crawling from coven to mosque and the church in their satanic commitment to keeping us rotten and wretched, I remind them that no matter how big or poisonous a snake is, it cannot escape ‘disgrace’ when its time of tyrannical presence in the wrong place expires. I advise politicians of their kind spread across Nigeria and Africa to leave the people alone before it’s too late for them to cry and beg. A word is enough for the wise. I have close to a thousand speaking to them here!

My Love and Blessings
SATGURU MAHARAJ JI
Zonning only favors south east ... north has as much claim to run as do south west

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma by chineduemmao: 8:43pm On Sep 29, 2019
Inteltower:

this Uprising/evolution is tactical & can challenge this impunity & failed system.
trust me it work..we members.. because our strength is in our numbers
Uprising is risky nawadays they are ready to open life ammunitions on people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma by Timatayo1: 8:47pm On Sep 29, 2019
You people votes and. Campaigns for him you should also enjoyed your next level

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma by FarahAideed: 8:56pm On Sep 29, 2019
Even Osinbanjo is not far from jail as it stands

1 Like

Re: Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma by Inteltower: 9:01pm On Sep 29, 2019
chineduemmao:
Uprising is risky nawadays they are ready to open life ammunitions on people

it depends on how you interpret what I mean by uprising.
Re: Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma by ZombieTAMER: 9:05pm On Sep 29, 2019
Inteltower:

Seems you are yet to give Up on the country...

Why is it taking you so much time to do so

When a region that prides herself as the most educated in the south... Queues Up under hot sun to vote for a certificateless cattle rearer who would rather go to court than provide his credentials...

Nigeria is a glorified disease

2 Likes

Re: Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma by Racoon(m): 9:09pm On Sep 29, 2019
Nigerians were warned about this dictator cum tyrannt masquerading as democrat but were called wailers.Imagine all these lawlessness and impunity.

2 Likes

Re: Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma by Inteltower: 9:10pm On Sep 29, 2019
ZombieTAMER:

Seems you are yet to give Up on the country...

Why is it taking you so much time to do so

When a region that prides herself as the most educated in the south... Queues Up under hot sun to vote for a certificateless cattle rearer who would rather go to court than provide his credentials...

Nigeria is a glorified disease

its a last move bro.
the political elites will not dictate 2023 elections
the aspirants must be willing to give the people what they want In order to secure votes.

we keep typing it here, we keep wanting to break up, but just talking & running away from our problems is allowing those fools at power the victory f we can't confront them tactically.

so join the Uprising, Join the We Vote movement

1 Like

Re: Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma by chineduemmao: 9:15pm On Sep 29, 2019
Inteltower:

Peaceful protest?

1 Like

Re: Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma by chineduemmao: 9:15pm On Sep 29, 2019
Inteltower:

Peaceful protest?

1 Like

Re: Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma by youngeagle(m): 9:18pm On Sep 29, 2019
Buhari is not fighting those who are talking but those who will talk, the failure of RUGA is paining him and he has a plan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma by Inteltower: 9:27pm On Sep 29, 2019
chineduemmao:
Peaceful protest?

its like an extract number of people from the general electorate who vote the right way, for right reason & for the right persons that will meet its demands.

our first plan is to boycott the 2023 elections if none of the presidential candidates propose to take this country back to regional system of Government & state policing.

every plan or moves we will make will be tactical
our target is to have the numbers first.
those political elites are playing games with our lives & that of our generations come 2023

the election poll is our only hope & platform to make a statement & resist the vicious cycle of voting bad/incompetent leaders & continuing in this failed unitary system...

2023 election is the last stand
Re: Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma by Nnukwueze: 9:32pm On Sep 29, 2019
mrvitalis:

Zonning only favors south east ... north has as much claim to run as do south west

Nice one
Re: Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma by ZombieTAMER: 9:34pm On Sep 29, 2019
Inteltower:

its a last move bro.
the political elites will not dictate 2023 elections
the aspirants must be willing to give the people what they want In order to secure votes.

we keep typing it here, we keep wanting to break up, but just talking & running away from our problems is allowing those fools at power the victory f we can't confront them tactically.

so join the Uprising, Join the We Vote movement

Do you know that Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world

Do you know that Nigerian senators earn more than their United States counterparts

But do you know that the youths will rather protest about Bobrisky...

Guy... Give Up already
There is no hope for the country.. It's damned

1 Like

Re: Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma by Inteltower: 9:40pm On Sep 29, 2019
ZombieTAMER:

Do you know that Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world

Do you know that Nigerian senators earn more than their United States counterparts

But do you know that the youths will rather protest about Bobrisky...

Guy... Give Up already
There is no hope for the country.. It's damned

there is no hope for this country if it keeps subscribing to this failed unitart system of Government.

We vote movement is calling for Regional/Confederal system of Govt come 2023 election.
we the youths are the highest in population bracket but its the old folks, those clueless, selfish & corrupt leaders are using us & playing ludo..even to the detriment of our future.

the target is getting a majority from the electorate ..we are a population of 200 million & more..having one third of it before 2023 isn't a bad start

1 Like

Re: Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:42pm On Sep 29, 2019
Funny enough those supporting this govt will not see all these mess.....must gov't silence any opposition. ...4years will still come and go but let them remember that SOMEDAY SOMEONE WILL HAVE TO SAY ENOUGH IS A ENOUGH!
Re: Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:43pm On Sep 29, 2019
dokyOloye:

My brother.

Trekking to vote is not a sacrifice or form of protest. I am shocked you think it is
Re: Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 29, 2019
Someone should tell these activists that this is not Jonathan's era were everyone has freedom of speech and freedom after speech.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma by dokyOloye: 9:59pm On Sep 29, 2019
IamaNigerianGuy:

Trekking to vote is not a sacrifice or form of protest. I am shocked you think it is
where did you see trek?
do you know what 500 kilometers mean?

1 Like

Re: Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:22pm On Sep 29, 2019
dokyOloye:

where did you see trek?
do you know what 500 kilometers mean?

Good. So you traveled to exercise your civic right. We should applaud you ?
Its your right and duty. No big deal
Re: Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma by dokyOloye: 10:56pm On Sep 29, 2019
cry
IamaNigerianGuy:

Good. So you traveled to exercise your civic right. We should applaud you ?
Its your right and duty. No big deal
Oga,what I mean is,a large number of Nigerians very recently said they prefer a disastrous buhari so if they're suddenly tired of him,the protest should start from those who voted him.Those of us who voted against him have already protested.
Then considering voter apathy(less than 30 million votes in a country of 200m ppl) those of us who make extra effort to vote every election year deserve commendation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imam Of Al Nabawi Mosque In Saudi Aradia Condemns Murder Of Deborah Samuel. / INEC Wants To Flush Data Evidence. Peter Obi Legal Counsel Onyechi Ikpeazu (SAN) / Why the panic and fear in the camp of APC? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.