Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,703 members, 7,820,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' (18510 Views)

2023 Presidency: Bashir Ahmaad Picks Tinubu Over Goodluck Jonathan / Bashir Tofa Buried In Kano (pictures) / Nastura Sharif Arrest: Bashir Tofa Warns Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' by mrvitalis(m): 12:25pm On Sep 30, 2019
explosiveskull:
To me zoning is nonsense, I'd have preferred it goes on competency and merit even if it happens to be from one tribe I'd really not care just the problem that is to be tackled is to bringing good governance to the populace.
This is just my personal opinion and may not be conformable to other people's idea.
U have 12 million voters from north who would only vote a Northerner ...u think zonning is not important I just laugh at southerners forming smart ...

If the election was between southern Nigerian fine we can end zoning but with north ? Na

North would vote a northern goat over someone like peter Obi ...u think they watch debate?

7 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' by YorubaHero12: 12:27pm On Sep 30, 2019
Hausaman1:

When PDP under clueless GEJ, dismissed Rotation all the hypocrites where happy, karma has turned the table let Abokis feast on it. 2023 insha Allah will be the Cameroonian turn with his black face like GEJ.

Thank God you are a northerner. I am Yoruba, go and tell your people that you are all useless and you are gonna contribute to Nigeria to break up faster.

You are everything wrong with Nigeria, no education, no good economy, you are parasites, religious intolerance, Almajiris all over, you are the source of every wrong in Nigeria.

You will use your hand to divide this country and you will turn out to be like Niger republic with the highest refugee ever known to mankind.

Useless people always wanting or be choked on power.

Tell your people that you cannot survive this last stretch of power grab coz the resultant effect will be the breakup of this nation once and for all.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' by EqUalJustice: 12:27pm On Sep 30, 2019
Dammylink:

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sunnewsonline.com/2023-presidency-zoning-is-dead-in-nigeria-bashir-tofa/amp/

When the Presidency was with the South, the North were crying and banking on Zoning Formula. But, immediately power returned to the North, they are now saying "No more Zoning or rotational Presidency.

The North must have done 8years by 2023. Hence, Presidency must return to the South. The South also have Competent and qualified people to sit on No.1 seat 8n Aso rock.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' by Urchman200: 12:30pm On Sep 30, 2019
After Buhari has finished his 8years plus 2years of yar'adua, a fulani man will still be nursing ambission to contest and rule Nigeria again?I am not in complete support of zoning but at the same time we should also know that when a king is born in a community another king Is also born in another, my yuroba brothers should wake up and understand that is longer time to think selfishly is time to think collectively that is the only time southerners can have a say in Nigeria.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' by Levi218(m): 12:32pm On Sep 30, 2019
easzypeaszy:
Seriously North should continue bc no credible candidate from others but we in the North we have people that can help this country like Baba Buhari because is a good man and God fearing leader of our time.
God bless Nigeria
people like una just dey blind. Fools
Re: 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' by YorubaHero12: 12:33pm On Sep 30, 2019
Urchman200:
After Buhari has finished his 8years plus 2years of yar'adua, a fulani man will still be nursing ambission to contest and rule Nigeria again?I am not in complete support of zoning but at the same time we should also know that when a king is born in a community another king Is also born in another, my yuroba brothers should wake up and understand that is longer time to think selfishly is time to think collectively that is the only time southerners can have a say in Nigeria.

I support you brother.

It’s time to put the north where they belong. They should be subservient to the south coz we have been bankrolling them since 1914. We give them every resources they need and yet they think themselves as some sort of invincible being.

Thank God the Yorubas are getting woke, they will hear it soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' by NkitaAla: 12:34pm On Sep 30, 2019
[s]
YorubaHero12:

Thank God you are a northerner. I am Yoruba, go and tell your people that you are all useless and you are gonna contribute to Nigeria to break up faster.

You are everything wrong with Nigeria, no education, no good economy, you are parasites, religious intolerance, Almajiris all over, you are the source of every wrong in Nigeria.

You will use your hand to divide this country and you will turn out to be like Niger republic with the highest refugee ever known to mankind.

Useless people always wanting or be choked on power.

Tell your people that you cannot survive this last stretch of power grab coz the resultant effect will be the breakup of this nation once and for all.
[/s]
Re: 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' by NkitaAla: 12:35pm On Sep 30, 2019
[s]
YorubaHero12:

I support you brother.

It’s time to put the north where they belong. They should be subservient to the south coz we have been bankrolling them since 1914. We give them every resources they need and yet they think themselves as some sort of invincible being.

[/s]
Re: 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' by ejimatic: 12:37pm On Sep 30, 2019
Dammylink:

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sunnewsonline.com/2023-presidency-zoning-is-dead-in-nigeria-bashir-tofa/amp/
. Thecdeatj of zoning in 2023 will give birth to three nations then namely Federal Republic of Arewa Federal Republic of Oduduwa and Bianfran Republic...... As for me I believe in our unity......The cabal know zoning is not negotiable.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' by easzypeaszy(m): 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2019
Levi218:
people like una just dey blind. Fools
bros i just wan revenge wetin dey do me 2015 brng dis uselss man called Buhari...so mk I dey d side of brain dead dis time just to hurt ma enemies
Re: 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' by akdjr(m): 12:41pm On Sep 30, 2019
Zoning is unconstitutional. Let whoever that want to contest come out and test his/her popularity. In the past election I have seen different tribes contesting despite the zoning adoption by APC and PDP. If the youth truly controls the block votes, let's organize a convention and decided who to put in power. I am ever ready to serve in any capacity for the struggle of youth emancipation.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' by myobjective: 12:58pm On Sep 30, 2019
ajebuter:

Coming from the real ' owners of Nigeria'

You better believe it!

South must get sense by force..

Only in your dream. Igbo's kind of have a hate and love relationship with the Hausa-fulani due to their seated inferiority complex but we Yoruba see them as an equal partner in the institution called Nigeria. No one is born to rule, all men are born equal but some men might have sold their right to aim for the top job due to the hate and cowardice.

Yorubas will always aim for the top job and when we can't get it under any fair arrangement we will opt out of the union.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 30, 2019
countryfive:
grin grin

This is bad news for a group people who see 2023 as theirs . as for the southeasterns , lets not drink panadol on other people's headache

Well, wetin be my own again.. with my pety pety business I will be God the praises

Re: 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' by myobjective: 1:02pm On Sep 30, 2019
akdjr:
Zoning is unconstitutional. Let whoever that want to contest come out and test his/her popularity. In the past election, I have seen different tribes contesting despite the zoning adoption by APC and PDP. If the youth truly controls the block votes, let's organize a convention and decided who to put in power. I am ever ready to serve in any capacity for the struggle of youth emancipation.

Zoning is an integral part of every multi-ethnic country operation a central system of government. We will only do without zoning if we can do away with federal character, revenue sharing and when we have true resources control.

The north wants to eat their cake and have it, they hardly contribute anything to the revenue they partake in sharing yet no one is complaining, they get top jobs in the civil service commission due to federal character, no one raised an eyebrow but when they perceive that they have some advantage due to massive illiterate population that they can easily farm vote from, they are now shouting no zoning

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' by ozoneboy(m): 1:04pm On Sep 30, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:
Because it's the turn of the Ibos, Hausa politicians have all agreed to ditch the zoning principle. It was a PDP thing anyway, it's not written anywhere in the constitution, but we all know it was the only thing that kept Nigeria together after the murder of MKO Abiola.

I blame the south east though, they haven't built enough bridges. The only Igbo politician who has consistently built bridges and maintained communication with other power-blocs has been Orji Uzor Kalu, and even he has favoured the north alone and he lacks a robust political structure across Igbo land itself, his homebase.

2023 will be a contest between the south west and the north, en-bloc. Count the Ibos out because Nnamdi Kanu is a pussy. Considering the deep south, Goodluck Jonathan has shown plainly that he is not a politician with the way he crept away into obscurity, post-2015. Wike is bold and he has consistently shown promise, but he needs a heavier & wider 'military' backbone to be able to spit in the eye of the power of incumbency. Jonathan is well positioned to provide that backbone because he still has a lot of favours due in from the creeks, from when he reigned in Abuja.

Himself and Wike could synergise to blanket the Delta with their loyalists and, at the minimum, wrest a much better deal for the core south now that the tribal beast we know as Federal Nigeria is severely weakened from its engagement with Islamic State. But the question is, does GEJ have the courage?
All this plenty rubbish is to what? Malign SE so that SS will rule.you are pathetic,we in SE don't need your presidency we want out of this rubbish contraption,so you SS should go and test the waters with SW and North let's see how strong you guys are.Beans

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' by myobjective: 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2019
ejimatic:
. The death of zoning in 2023 will give birth to three nations then namely Federal Republic of Arewa Federal Republic of Oduduwa and Bianfran Republic...... As for me I believe in our unity......The cabal know zoning is not negotiable.

I don't believe in any stupid unity of this nation, no single Yoruba man should believe the unity of Nigeria, the north needs Nigeria to continue to exist and project power, we the people of southwest don't need Nigeria, it is the Nigeria state that needs us.

The Hausa-Fulani should never be in any position to dictates to rest of us because they hardly bring anything to the table.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' by farouk2much(m): 1:11pm On Sep 30, 2019
That's good bashir tofa.......... Kwankwaso all the way
Re: 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' by myobjective: 1:12pm On Sep 30, 2019
YorubaHero12:

I support you brother.

It’s time to put the north where they belong. They should be subservient to the south coz we have been bankrolling them since 1914. We give them every resource they need and yet they think themselves as some sort of invincible being.

I love to read your comment bro, you are a true Yoruba.

The Yoruba can operate as an independent nation, we don't need the north for anything and they should never be in a position to dictate for us.
I will be happy for an independent Yoruba nation than having a Yoruba president in 2023
Re: 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' by myobjective: 1:13pm On Sep 30, 2019
farouk2much:
That's good bashir tofa.......... Kwankwaso all the way

As the president of northwestern Nigeria ba?

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' by akdjr(m): 1:16pm On Sep 30, 2019
The question is, is zoning constitutional? If yes why did other tribes contested last election? I will definitely not support any candidate from the north by 2023 but I can't discourage them from contesting cos it's their constitutional right. Power is not given it must be taken! Don't just sit at your comfort zone and expect other tribes to just support you for the same ambition they are also interested in. It doesn't work that way bro! quote author=myobjective post=82705318]

Zoning is an integral part of a multi-ethnic country operation a central system of government. We will only do without zoning if we can do away with federal character, revenue sharing and when we have true resources control.

The north wants to eat their cake and have it, they hardly contribute anything to the revenue they partake in sharing yet no one is complaining, they get top jobs in the civil service commission due to federal character, no one raised an eyebrow but when they perceive that they have some advantage due to massive illiterate population that they can easily farm vote from they are now shouting no zoning [/quote]
Re: 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' by ledaman: 1:20pm On Sep 30, 2019
Born to rule mentality! stupid man that couldn't win his local government when he contested spewing trash!
Re: 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' by myobjective: 1:23pm On Sep 30, 2019
akdjr:
The question is, is zoning constitutional? If yes why did other tribes contested the last election? I will definitely not support any candidate from the north by 2023 but I can't discourage them from contesting cos it's their constitutional right. Power is not given it must be taken! Don't just sit at your comfort zone and expect other tribes to just support you for the same ambition they are also interested in. It doesn't work that way bro! quote author=myobjective post=82705318]

Zoning is an integral part of a multi-ethnic country operation a central system of government. We will only do without zoning if we can do away with federal character, revenue sharing and when we have true resources control.

The north wants to eat their cake and have it, they hardly contribute anything to the revenue they partake in sharing yet no one is complaining, they get top jobs in the civil service commission due to federal character, no one raised an eyebrow but when they perceive that they have some advantage due to massive illiterate population that they can easily farm vote from they are now shouting no zoning

Did any of the major party present any southern candidates? That us the question you need to ask yourself first.

Did any major southern heavyweight politicians talk about jettisoning zoning in the last election? But when you have people like el rufai a member of the ruling party scheming and coming out publicly to say there shouldn't be zoning, then you should know the handwriting on the wall.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' by seunmsg(m): 1:24pm On Sep 30, 2019
I can see why he was roundly defeated in 1993 even in Kano. The opinion of a defeated, wounded, divisive and irrelevant politician is better placed in the trash can.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' by Techsunny: 1:28pm On Sep 30, 2019
easzypeaszy:
Seriously North should continue bc no credible candidate from others but we in the North we have people that can help this country like Baba Buhari because is a good man and God fearing leader of our time.
God bless Nigeria
Idiot
Re: 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' by guynextdoor(m): 1:52pm On Sep 30, 2019
As much as I hate to say it, the South is a slave to the north. Hate it or love it, they got you guys exactly where they've always wanted: divided south. It's very correct to say they own the country: they call the shots as they please. Nigeria is just so F'd up! If we decide to jettison zoning, these guys up north still got the numbers to turn things in their favor; and if we choose to go with zoning, the SW & SE will still continue exchanging political punches while the north, yet again, clinches power. The big Question is: what is that one thing that can unite the south? Once we understand that question, and are able to answer it, we will crush the north with all her shenanigans. Alas, SWners are just waking up to the game the north is playing; But, it's better late than never!
Re: 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' by Earthquake1: 2:03pm On Sep 30, 2019
seunmsg:
I can see why he was roundly defeated in 1993 even in Kano. The opinion of a defeated, wounded, divisive and irrelevant politician is better placed in the trash can.

Continue to hide your head in the sand

Reality will dawn upon you soon
Re: 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' by Foxman19: 2:03pm On Sep 30, 2019
If Nigeria disintegrate today is that not a good thing for you and me?
Re: 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' by myobjective: 2:04pm On Sep 30, 2019
guynextdoor:
As much as I hate to say it, the South is a slave to the north. Hate it or love it, they got you guys exactly where they've always wanted: divided south. It's very correct to say they own the country: they call the shots as they please. Nigeria is just so F'd up! If we decide to jettison zoning, these guys up north still got the numbers to turn things in their favor; and if we choose to go with zoning, the SW & SE will still continue exchanging political punches while the north, yet again, clinches power. The big Question is: what is that one thing that can unite the south? Once we understand that question, and are able to answer it, we will crush the north with all her shenanigans. Alas, SWners are just waking up to the game the north is playing; But, it's better late than never!

Southwest is not just waking up, southwesterners have always been in opposition to the Hausa -Fulani, our founding fathers know that Nigeria will never work if we don't have seni independent region for every ethnic nationality.

Coming back to your question, nothing can unite southern Nigeria because, to begin with, there is nothing like southern Nigeria. We have the Yorubas in the southwest, the Igbos in south-east and south-south and some ethnic minority in the nigerdeltas, these groups are as different as day and night.

The question is why should we united when we can all go our separate ways or live in our different semi-independent nation under one united Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' by AkhereOkaka(m): 2:23pm On Sep 30, 2019
explosiveskull:
To me zoning is nonsense, I'd have preferred it goes on competency and merit even if it happens to be from one tribe I'd really not care just the problem that is to be tackled is to bringing good governance to the populace.
This is just my personal opinion and may not be conformable to other people's idea.
You're talking of competence, don't we have competent persons in every region? Indeed the end of this contraption called Nigeria is gradually coming to an end.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' by YorubaHero12: 2:38pm On Sep 30, 2019
myobjective:

I love to read your comment bro, you are a true Yoruba.

The Yoruba can operate as an independent nation, we don't need the north for anything and they should never be in a position to dictate for us.
I will be happy for an independent Yoruba nation than having a Yoruba president in 2023

God bless you.

If you know much this Nigeria have kept the Yoruba nation down, you will know it’s better we stand alone than to remain in this union coz it’s just plain rubbish.

Is it about the oil? What exactly is Nigeria giving us? Pre-1967, the western region was the strongest and richest region, we are the most developed with sound education and courageous leaders.

Pre-1914, we are already established, the missionaries first entered through the west and we already had Lagos port established since 1913.

Since we’ve been in this union, things have been going worse and the Yoruba nation is now at par with those that dare not measure to us in terms of intelligence and development.

We have Ondo with the crude oil (5th or 6th oil producing state), arable lands.

We have Lagos with the economy and seaport.

We have Ogun with the industries and some Crude oil.

We have Oyo with the landmass where agriculture can flourish.

We have Ekiti with the professors and arable land for agriculture coupled with Osun state with its mineral resources.

Check the IGR generated in this country, the bulk of the non-oil revenue and VAT is from the SW.

Tell me why do we need Nigeria. Is it’s because our politicians are trying to eat the oil money to their advantage? Are we not going backward instead of advancing? Is it not time to call for the breakup of this nation for an independent entity now?

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu, Yahaya Bello In Closed-Door Meeting / Nigerians Will Yearn For Buhari When He Leaves Office, Says Garba Shehu / Where Are Second Republic Governors?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.