Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Tourist Visa To New York For 2weeks - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tourist Visa To New York For 2weeks (1307 Views)

See How Much It Cost To Travel From Lagos To New York In The Good Old Days(pic) / Check Out Throwback Pix Of Nigeria Airways, Lagos To New York For Less Than N18K / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tourist Visa To New York For 2weeks by Maverick05: 9:55am On Nov 03, 2010
Hello Nairalanders,

Attention, justwise, funk, and others well learned housemates,
I need to visit america for a duration of 2weeks. im gainfully employed, been working 3yrs, im mid+ 20's, male, and to attend a conference/site seeing for dec/jan next yr.
I have no clue where to start processing from or getting visa dates et al,
Im not going to pay any Bleep,000 amount for visa, so scammer pls stay far,

Advise, help, possible questions, directions, i would most appreciate it.
thnx
Re: Tourist Visa To New York For 2weeks by justwise(m): 10:08am On Nov 03, 2010
Maverick05:

Hello Nairalanders,
Attention, justwise, funk, and others well learned housemates,
I need to visit america for a duration of 2weeks. im gainfully employed, been working 3yrs, im mid+ 20's, male, and to attend a conference/site seeing for dec/jan next yr.
thnx

Vicjustice and other trusted NLders will do justice to this, i don't know much about America immigration system.

Someone started a thread like this last week, i will look for the link and paste it here
Re: Tourist Visa To New York For 2weeks by justwise(m): 10:11am On Nov 03, 2010
Have a look at this and see if its usefull https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-542598.0.html
Re: Tourist Visa To New York For 2weeks by Maverick05: 11:04am On Nov 03, 2010
Thanks @Justwise,
The theme of my conference, is on numismatic society. The study of ancient coinage.
I work part time for a lecturer, i help manage his coinage site as well as do my own work in a serving, So i would say, i work 2jobs.
I just need advice on what to submit, wat to put together, how to book appointment and all that, I am actually very clueless @the moment.
Thnx alot, I hope vicjustice reads this
Re: Tourist Visa To New York For 2weeks by aroy1: 12:40pm On Nov 03, 2010
Poster

1) Contact the conference organizer to know if space still exists for new registrant. If Yes, book your space and pay the conference fee.

2) Get a Nigerian passport if you have none.

3) Go to UBA with your passport to pay 5800Naira, US visa appointment fee. This enables you to schedule appointment at the US mission.

Publicise after completion of the above 3 steps. We continue from there.
Re: Tourist Visa To New York For 2weeks by Maverick05: 2:19pm On Nov 03, 2010
@Aroy1, thanx for the Tip, May i ask the role VFS plays in the whole application procedure?
I learnt they are the receiving house now or something like that? Thnx for ur utmost response!

Regards
Re: Tourist Visa To New York For 2weeks by samoyin(m): 5:09pm On Nov 03, 2010
@Maverick05

Please find below the VFS link, it says all for itself.

You may even visit them physically for full enquiries, but you will have to
fix appointment online after the three steps given above.

After getting your appointment, then you would have to use a good time
good internet connectivity to fill in your application page live, has several
pages so you would have to have time to do.

Due to the personal nature of infos involved I strongly advise you fill it
yourself.

Click here to explore further https://www.usa-vfsglobal-ng.com/steps.aspx

Cheers!
Re: Tourist Visa To New York For 2weeks by Vicjustice: 7:43pm On Nov 03, 2010
Maverick05:

Hello Nairalanders,

Attention, justwise, Punk, and others well learned housemates,

thnx
Maverick05:

Thanks @Justwise,
The theme of my conference, is on numismatic society. The study of ancient coinage.
I work part time for a lecturer, i help manage his coinage site as well as do my own work in a serving, So i would say, i work 2jobs.
I just need advice on what to submit, wat to put together, how to book appointment and all that, I am actually very clueless @the moment.
Thnx alot, I hope vicjustice reads this
   You said you have no clue where to start, i'll help you with some. But please, give honest answers to these questions: remember, no need to play holy, we really do understand that the majority of people claiming to be travelling for conference reasons do have other intentions, so, we do assist even if that means guiding you on playing smart with the visa officer. 
   *Now, you've been with your employer for 3 years, working more or less as a PA, and you're also doing a second job ("working in a serving"wink. Are these jobs on papers, are they properly documented?
   *How much are you earning per month, and what is your personal savings like, the transaction details of your account and the balance matter a lot?
   *What is your marital status?
   *Do you own a property?
   Perhaps the most important thing to take into consideration when applying for a visa is your home Ties and Obligations. *Now, what would you explain to the visa officer as your Ties or Obligations something that must compel you to return to Nigeria after your visit?
   *Have you ever travelled out of Nigeria before?
   *Have you ever been refused a visa for any country?
   *Who is sponsoring your trip?
   *Do you have friends or close relatives in the States?
   *Who/What organisation is sending or inviting you, what are you representing in the conference?
   *What is the conference about, how is it related to your field of profession or organisation?
   *What and how do you hope to benefit from the conference?
   Also, give us more details regarding your intended trip and conference, just give as much information as you can give so we may assist.
Re: Tourist Visa To New York For 2weeks by MOG2009: 1:16am On Nov 04, 2010
@Poster.

Thanks for your post. I would suggested that you  get a letter of recommendation from the lecturer or Professor stating how and what the conference will benefits you. Secondly, I'II study more about the conference  via the websites to know more about the venue, time and dates etc Thirdly, If you are sponsoring your self be prepared to have your statement of account and job letter for vacation ready.
However, check this link for some important info on your likely visa type, https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-460440.0.html
Re: Tourist Visa To New York For 2weeks by Maverick05: 12:09pm On Nov 04, 2010
Thnx again guys,
@Vicj, wow, For a minute i felt this was a real interview.

Vicjustice:

You said you have no clue where to start, i'll help you with some. But please, give honest answers to these questions: remember, no need to play holy, we really do understand that the majority of people claiming to be travelling for conference reasons do have other intentions, so, we do assist even if that means guiding you on playing smart with the visa officer.
*Now, you've been with your employer for 3 years, working more or less as a PA, and you're also doing a second job ("working in a serving"wink. Are these jobs on papers, are they properly documented?
*How much are you earning per month, and what is your personal savings like, the transaction details of your account and the balance matter a lot?
*What is your marital status?
*Do you own a property?
Perhaps the most important thing to take into consideration when applying for a visa is your home Ties and Obligations. *Now, what would you explain to the visa officer as your Ties or Obligations something that must compel you to return to Nigeria after your visit?
*Have you ever travelled out of Nigeria before?
*Have you ever been refused a visa for any country?
*Who is sponsoring your trip?
*Do you have friends or close relatives in the States?
*Who/What organisation is sending or inviting you, what are you representing in the conference?
*What is the conference about, how is it related to your field of profession or organisation?
*What and how do you hope to benefit from the conference?
Also, give us more details regarding your intended trip and conference, just give as much information as you can give so we may assist.

3years work experience is well documented and on paper, Pay slip for past 6 months also documented
average earning above 100k+, personal savings 1mil, but divided across bank a/c's
single,
no landed property acquired,
travelled to most west african states,
been refused a brit pass in jan
have family alot family n the US, but do not wish to disclose that as i learn its a negative information.
Organisation is the numismatic society in NY, and im not a member but trip is being sponsored for the lecturer i work for. So thats where i sense a problem. The fees for attendance to the general public is $200x7days
Conf has nothing to do with profession, its out of curiousity and interest for Ancient Europe, Its more a hobby.
And, i work in an oil firm, except as a contract staff and dont intend to quit that for rice farms in The USA, Just taking the opportunity as it comes due to hard work supporting the sponsor!

Regards and thnx again
PS: its for january, so, time is ticking, If its a pointless pursuit, pls just advice
Re: Tourist Visa To New York For 2weeks by Vicjustice: 3:04pm On Nov 04, 2010
Maverick05:

@Vicj, wow, For a minute i felt this was a real interview.
* Yeah, it should seem like an interview, and it's vital for preparation and quality advice. Thanks for answering them.

3years work experience is well documented and on paper, Pay slip for past 6 months also documented
average earning above 100k+, personal savings 1mil, but divided across bank a/c's
*  This is fine enough, and good that you have Pay Slips recording your income for 6 months. But, you also need to present a corresponding bank statement (which must be in line with the records on your Pay Slips. *Now, present the Pay-Slips together with your various bank statements to support your application. Please, do not attempt to temper or alter any of your documents, and avoid presenting any supporting documents or materials that are not from genuine sources as these actions might result in a life ban from the USA.

single, no landed property acquired,
*  Actually, marital status, age and property ownership do play considerable roles when it comes to tourist visas application from Nigeria, but you can conquer this barrier by other quality attributions which i will explain in the 9th segment.

travelled to most west african states,
*  This travel history and the areas travelled will have little or no impact in your USA tourist visa application, but however, the purpose and significance of these travels may be taken into consideration.

been refused a brit pass in jan
*  Be honest with this, say so if they asked you as they are highly likely to find out, and this would result in your application being refused and yet for reason of trying to obtain a US visa by means of deception, a result attracting a long term ban (if not a life ban). It's better to be refused a visa and be free to apply again than to be banned after refusal.
Question: Are you applying for the US visa with the very passport that was refused the UK visa?

have family alot family n the US, but do not wish to disclose that as i learn its a negative information.
*  Having family in the USA will not have negative effect except of course, the family member doesn't have good or credible reference. So, you need to know a lot about them as the visa officer would access and judge you by their standard and activities; and it would be bad for you if your contacts in the USA have ever sought asylum or if they've ever been involved in any illegal or antisocial acts.

Organisation is the numismatic society in NY, and im not a member but trip is being sponsored for the lecturer i work for. So thats where i sense a problem. The fees for attendance to the general public is $200x7days
*  Problem indeed. So now, if you're not a member of the said organisation or supposed to be a partaker of the conference, then, how do you expect the visa officer to allow you to travel to the United States and attend something that doesn't concern you? By the way, who is inviting you?

Conf has nothing to do with profession, its out of curiousity and interest for Ancient Europe, Its more a hobby.
*  If you're applying to visit the States out of curiosity, then, it is up to you to demonstrate to the visa officer what your interest is and why you're curious about ancient Europe. You would also need to have a pre-knowledge of Europe history and satisfy the officer about what you will benefit with this knowledge.

And, i work in an oil firm, except as a contract staff and dont intend to quit that for rice farms in The USA, Just taking the opportunity as it comes due to hard work supporting the sponsor!
*  This would be something you can hold on to as a Tie to Nigeria, a compelling reason to return home for, you need to make emphasis at your command, elaborating on your job, making it clear to them that you would never quit it for anything, not even living in the States. These said, honestly, the reason for your travel does not hold enough water to aid your visa application. If i were you, i'd look for a better reason and apply for the visa in due time.

Regards and thnx again
PS: its for january, so, time is ticking, If its a pointless pursuit, pls just advice
*  A good advice is not necessarily a persuasive advice, it is the words that discourage you when you intend to do something with no benefits.
   However, if you really desire to make it to the conference, then, find a way to convince the visa officer of your concerns with the conference, get involved. Cheers. smiley
Re: Tourist Visa To New York For 2weeks by Maverick05: 3:53pm On Nov 05, 2010
@vicj
Vicjustice:

* Problem indeed. So now, if you're not a member of the said organisation or supposed to be a partaker of the conference, then, how do you expect the visa officer to allow you to travel to the United States and attend something that doesn't concern you? By the way, who is inviting you?

Inviting me, is a colleague and also a long time friend, who will be giving a lecture at the event,

[quote author=Vicjustice link=topic=544485.msg7078010#msg7078010 date=1288879484
* Be honest with this, say so if they asked you as they are highly likely to find out, and this would result in your application being refused and yet for reason of trying to obtain a US visa by means of deception, a result attracting a long term ban (if not a life ban). It's better to be refused a visa and be free to apply again than to be banned after refusal.

Question: Are you applying for the US visa with the very passport that was refused the UK visa?

Yea, i plan to be honest about the documents i use. and the passport i had has the refusal stamp on it, so, i dnt want to be wound up in this fair identity, multiple passport, or issues about age difference pple get themselves in, My job is sufficient and i take holiday to less stressed countries when i can,

[/quote]
Re: Tourist Visa To New York For 2weeks by Vicjustice: 10:38pm On Nov 05, 2010
Maverick05:

@vicj
Inviting me, is a colleague and also a long time friend, who will be giving a lecture at the event,
Yea, i plan to be honest about the documents i use. and the passport i had has the refusal stamp on it,  so, i dnt want to be wound up in this fair identity, multiple passport, or issues about age difference pple get themselves in,  My job is sufficient and i take holiday to less stressed countries when i can,
   Wise talk. You seem to be a worthy someone, and a visa application from you deserves to be treated with merit. But i'm a bit concerned about the ground on which you're making this application, however, if you really desire to make it through the conference, then, arm yourself with an explicit invitation letter from the conference lecturer who you said is "a colleague and also a long time friend", Your personal relationship with him might also be taken into consideration, and your adequate knowledge about the conference and its organisation together with your interest and expected benefits might see you through, but yet, a visa can not be guaranteed

(1) (Reply)

Admission In Georgia ( Country) / To Study In Europe Or No.. Need An Urgent Answer!!! / Visa Policy Of Advanced Countries A Means Of Control For Segregation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.