Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,548 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

As The Dry Season Approaches, Make Brisk Money !! - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / As The Dry Season Approaches, Make Brisk Money !! (1050 Views)

As We Approach The Dry Seasons..Thinking Strategically For Higher Productivity / Snail Farming: Preparing For The Dry Season (part 3) / As We Approach The Dry Season. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As The Dry Season Approaches, Make Brisk Money !! by saliubello(m): 1:32pm On Sep 30, 2019
Dear Agropreneurs,

Be aware that as the dry season approaches, the various crop we had planted including tree crops like Guava, Cocoa, Apple, Pawpaw, Plantain and Banana will all become water stressed. What plans are you making to reverse this trend??

In advanced countries and the northern parts of Nigeria, farmers close to water farm all year round. Must our farms go to ruins once it's dry season? ? Must farming only start and end in the wet season??

Planning for irrigation precedes farmland acquisition but here the reverse is the case. We acquire and farm continuously before it dawn on us that we need irrigation, mainly as a SALVAGE!

This leads to many and varied issues ranging from poor water regeneration in our boreholes, far distance to nearby water source like rivers and streams. Some streams even dry as the dry season sets in. Our investments are threatened.. Hmn. Must this always be the cycle??
Re: As The Dry Season Approaches, Make Brisk Money !! by saliubello(m): 1:44pm On Sep 30, 2019
Isn't it a wise idea to think of making an artificial dam in such streams?

Or a surface water harvesting tech??

Or farm relatively small portions of land that can be watered with the available water resources and all year round too?

This epistle is borne to intimate us on water saving irrigation technologies we can invest on that enhances our productivity.

This new water saving strategy will put the available water (however small at the root zone of the crop).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As The Dry Season Approaches, Make Brisk Money !! by saliubello(m): 1:46pm On Sep 30, 2019
Vegetables are consumed by all sundry. They command fairly good prices as the dry season sets in. Why not tap into this opportunity to make money for yourself.

Depending on your area of residence, you can determine the most widely consumed vegetable and decide to grow them.

However, the scale of your operation, there is something for you.
Re: As The Dry Season Approaches, Make Brisk Money !! by sunplus100(m): 2:17pm On Sep 30, 2019
saliubello:

Isn't it a wise idea to think of making an artificial dam in such streams?

Or a surface water harvesting tech??

Or farm relatively small portions of land that can be watered with the available water resources and all year round too?

This epistle is borne to intimate us on water saving irrigation technologies we can invest on that enhances our productivity.

This new water saving strategy will put the available water (however small at the root zone of the crop).
with proper irrigation system, you can avoid risk of dryness ... Contact me on 08130448040 for the installation of watering system on your farm..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As The Dry Season Approaches, Make Brisk Money !! by saliubello(m): 7:55am On Oct 01, 2019
Whether you believe it or not. It is very possible as the dry season approach to generate money through farming INNOVATIVELY.

However, this is only for those who are:
(1) Smart.
(2) Could See the opportunities and possibilities.
(3) Are ready to make money!
Re: As The Dry Season Approaches, Make Brisk Money !! by saliubello(m): 8:13am On Oct 01, 2019
What can I plant and still make the anticipated profit

This question can not be answered with a single swipe. This is because different strokes to different folks. Giving you a particular crop is a disservice, as all us can't grow the same crop.

For the High RIsk takers, cucumber, watermelon and all the cucumbits.

For the Low Risk takers Ugu, Soko, Water Leaf and generally all the traditional vegetables.

Depending on your farm size, your revenue can be as high as N40,000- N50,000 conservatively.
Re: As The Dry Season Approaches, Make Brisk Money !! by saliubello(m): 8:19am On Oct 01, 2019
ORGANIC OR INORGANIC

The choice is up to you to decide. Look around, understand your target market and take the lead.

Personally, I'm a lover of fertilizers. I don't do organics. I'm not close to the clients who seek organically grown products. I sell in the open markets. The open market is a game of numbers and volume.

I will share pictures to illustrate how you can lay out your farm, irrigate it and other sundry matters etc
Re: As The Dry Season Approaches, Make Brisk Money !! by farmerazu: 8:41pm On Oct 04, 2019
good day
i just acquired 1acre land and i want to plant ugu on it. just finished clearing and digging the ridges. i have got seeds (about 500 SEEDS)
please what is the best paractise for ugu
and how can i make it more productive
Re: As The Dry Season Approaches, Make Brisk Money !! by austinomd(m): 12:03pm On Oct 29, 2019
500 seeds for an acre? if its actually an acre then you need nothing less than 4000 seeds, it may even be more if you can manage it, do you have access to water?

farmerazu:
good day
i just acquired 1acre land and i want to plant ugu on it. just finished clearing and digging the ridges. i have got seeds (about 500 SEEDS)
please what is the best paractise for ugu
and how can i make it more productive
Re: As The Dry Season Approaches, Make Brisk Money !! by pawn89(m): 3:17am On Jan 07, 2020
Am looking to irrigate my 23 acres plantain farm land.
Please send me quote
e s a n d a p o @ y a h o o . c o . u k

Thanks
Re: As The Dry Season Approaches, Make Brisk Money !! by maishai: 11:18am On Aug 30, 2020
can a 2000liter tank effectively water a 2 hectare farm with drip irrigation........I plan running the Generator for only 2 hours daiily........It takes 1 hour for my machine to fill the 200liters tank

(1) (Reply)

Yoghurt Incubator/food Dehydrator / Greener Health - Simple Guide To Catfish Farming Business / Big Boar For Sale 105kg At N650

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.