Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,623 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:37 AM

How To Deal With Your Difficult Boss (part 3) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Deal With Your Difficult Boss (part 3) (174 Views)

How To Deal With Your Difficult Boss (part 1) / University Of Limpopo Students Walkout Of Exam Hall Over Difficult Questions / See What Kenyan Student Did When He Was Given A Difficult Math Question In Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Deal With Your Difficult Boss (part 3) by starryadmin: 3:17pm On Sep 30, 2019
This is a continuation from the article on How To Deal With Your Difficult Boss (Part 2)
So I will continue from step 3

STEP 3
BE PROFESSIONAL

At all times during your eight hours in the office, ensure you assert professionalism at your place of work. Being professional means that you are
- Not being emotional with him. One way you won’t be emotional around a difficult boss is to sympathize with his behavior. Most difficult people are usually products of circumstances, so whenever that boss yells at you or call you names, understand his problem.

For me, I feel pity for my boss when he would yell at me, I looked at those veins on his neck and they look as if they would burst. In other words, I wasn’t hearing all the words (abuses); I’m like ‘oh my God, this old man is going to have a goiter!’

- FLAWLESS. I know you want to say it is not possible but I can tell you from experience that there is a way you can appear neat, organized and prompt to duty and assignment and it is as though you are flawless. If you are seen as flawless, I know more will be expected from you. But if you are not a person who is afraid of challenge, then here is the challenge- step up your game. Flawlessness means respect and dignity.

- A GOOD COMMUNICATOR. When communicating with a difficult boss, try as much as possible to do avoid verbal communication. Send all communication through e-mail and you have to be comprehensive enough to avoid having to explain yourself in person.
More so, remember when we were younger and was been spanked for doing something wrong and we were to say ‘thank you’ after a bitter spanking. Exactly! This is how you must do it. After yelling all sorts at you, in the end say “Thank you sir/ma”- this sort of disarm him unconsciously.
Learn communication skills and improve on your communication with him.

- NOT AN OFFICE TALKATIVE. Be cautious of what you say about your boss in your work environment because you are going to be a boss someday, and because what you say will most likely be repeated to him. For whatever reason, do not talk about your boss to anyone around the office. If you feel so hurt and it is unbearable, you can talk to your personal friends, spouse or family members.

You might find a friend from the office who is willing to talk about your boss, telling you how terrible he can be. Just listen all through the conversation but if you must say something to keep the person talking, you can talk about how you find him challenging, how he has helped you improve by making you do more… let all you have to say about him be positive.

P.S. Want to know how to develop your skills for maximum productivity with our Personal Development Video Training?

Call Starry Gold Academy on 09076786154, 08023428420, 07086810335, 07038174484, 08074460975, 08085378906, 08123189141 ,

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria University... / University Of St Andrews Overview: History,ranking, Accommodation / Sex For Grade: Buhari Urges Sexual Harassment Victims To Always Speak Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.