Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,709 members, 7,831,215 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram (28524 Views)

Buratai: Spiritual Warfare Prevented Deaths At Lekki Toll Plaza / Governor Zulum: We Need 100,000 Soldiers To Defeat Boko Haram / Buhari To EU: We Will Defeat Boko Haram With Civil War Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram by rolams(m): 10:06pm On Sep 30, 2019
How did you defeat them technically before?
Re: Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram by israelmao(m): 10:06pm On Sep 30, 2019
I can now see the helplessness of confessed Buratai.
Re: Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram by AFONJAPIG(m): 10:08pm On Sep 30, 2019
Nigeria is just a mess up country... Do you know you can't see one single police or security agents parading the street of UAE but you can't thief in that country, if person drop bag pick am nah, your own don finish
Re: Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram by obama30: 10:12pm On Sep 30, 2019
Omooba77:
The Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen Tukur Buratai, has said that terrorism and terrorist groups could not be eliminated alone by the military unless religious bodies and organisations in the country come to the “forefront of this spiritual battle.”

The army chief noted that the focus must be religious groups interfacing on addressing the ideologies which fuelled the Boko Haram and ISWAP terrorists.

Buratai stated these on Monday in Abuja at a spiritual warfare seminar at the Nigerian Army Resource Centre with the theme, “countering insurgency and violent extremism in Nigeria through spiritual warfare.”

The army chief, who was represented by the Chief of Administration, Maj Gen Sani Yusuf, therefore, urges Islamic and Christian clerics across the army formations to join the fight against terrorism, and reorient the people against negative ideologies.

Buratai said, “It is easier to defeat Boko Haram and ISWAP terrorists than their ideology because while we degrade the terrorists and their havens, the narrative of the ideology grows the group.

“Therefore, communities, families, and groups should join in the fight and narratives to reject and prevent the ideologies of the terrorists and extremist groups.

“Religious bodies and organisations in particular who interface regularly with the grassroots should be at the forefront of this spiritual battle and fashion out ways of stepping up their roles.

“The fight against terrorism, Boko Haram and ISWAP, as well as other security threats, cannot be left to the troops in the battlefield alone. Yes, we will do our duties but the need to tackle groups through spiritual warfare and reorientating the followers against the ideology is also a necessity.

“It is a well-known fact that terrorism and terrorist groups cannot be totally eliminated by mainly military actions. This means focusing our efforts on the underlying narratives through ideologies that are employed by these terrorists to lure innocent citizens to their fold.

“The need to defeat the ideologies of Boko Haram and ISWAP is based on the awareness that it is the ideologies that enhance their resources and help to recruit new fighters to their fold and as such; kill their ideology and the terrorist movement withers and dies.”

The army chief added that religious leaders and clerics who regularly interfaced with members of the society must “fashion out ways of stepping up your roles, remembering that the fight against terrorism is a collective responsibility.”

https://punchng.com/spiritual-efforts-needed-to-defeat-boko-haram-buratai/amp/

they are not even terrorist but groups, but the need to tackle groups. anyway I am one of terrorist charma's and i promise to seize Boko-Haram under 1 week if $3,050,000 million out of billion dollars budget for fighting terrorist can be transfer to my account for my dry fasting material, this dry fasting includes air, water, land and fire fasting at Dutse Kastina for my charm and spirit i work for to seas the air so Boko-harams cannot breath again, the land will be against them, water cannot pass their throat, and their gun will refuse to fire with $3,050,000 the Boko-Haram is history
Re: Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram by xcelentattitude(m): 10:16pm On Sep 30, 2019
After looting the lootable shocked Why didn't he say that the day he was being commissioned, we would have simply push him aside and make the Lord of Host our full-time Commander-in-Chief.
Re: Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram by xcelentattitude(m): 10:17pm On Sep 30, 2019
obama30:

they are not even terrorist but groups, but the need to tackle groups. anyway I am one of terrorist charma's and i promise to seize Boko-Haram under 1 week if $3,050,000 million out of billion dollars budget for fighting terrorist can be transfer to my account for my dry fasting material, this dry fasting includes air, water, land and fire fasting at Dutse Kastina for my charm and spirit i work for to seas the air so Boko-harams cannot breath again, the land will be against them, water cannot pass their throat, and their gun will refuse to fire with $3,050,000 the Boko-Haram is history

I don't think you need that amount of Money, all you need is this...

Re: Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram by Omooba77: 10:18pm On Sep 30, 2019
obama30:

LOL
Re: Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram by DeHumbleTboy: 10:19pm On Sep 30, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Aahaaa i'm back.
Modify > Below is buratai vs shekau. Guess who's shakau between the two? cheesy wink cheesy

Re: Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram by executive12: 10:21pm On Sep 30, 2019
Corrupt fool. This clown needs to resign already.
Re: Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram by atonement12: 10:27pm On Sep 30, 2019
“The need to defeat the ideologies of Boko Haram and ISWAP "- That is, to defeat the ideologies of Islam. Right General?
Re: Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram by bejeria101(m): 10:32pm On Sep 30, 2019
Lunatic affidavit general
Re: Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram by closetwhispers: 10:35pm On Sep 30, 2019
Smh
Religion will be the death of many people in this country
Shady, wicked people sacrificing the lives of other people and hiding behind "prayers".
Nigeria is exhausting
Re: Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram by SendAbroad: 10:35pm On Sep 30, 2019
And this is the General that is supposed to lead Nigeria to war front against a foreign enemy saying we need prayers to defeat Boko Haram.

Lord please take me to USA where Generals know why they are called Generals.
Re: Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram by xelly: 10:36pm On Sep 30, 2019
Chai!, Chai!!,Chai!!!
Re: Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram by Omooba77: 10:38pm On Sep 30, 2019
; Oga try and get conscience. People are being killed Daily on our roads nowhere is save
Re: Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram by guynextdoor(m): 10:47pm On Sep 30, 2019
There's no dangerous ideology that christians need to counter; we're good and cohabit peacefully with every other religion. Same with true practitioners of traditional african religion. It is the adherents of the other religion - the one they call the religion of "peace" - that needs to do something about their devilish ideologies.

Re: Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram by chrizzyace: 10:48pm On Sep 30, 2019
Wow spiritual efforts? I thought seeking international help would have solved this problem long before now...

And we are 59 years old... when this country go get sense sef?
Re: Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram by adenigga(m): 10:56pm On Sep 30, 2019
Validated:
Only those who created, nurtured and fed Boko Haram can defeat it.

This mess was created by Islamic leaders to undermine OBJ government. First was introduction of Sharia and all arguement and uproar against it was shouted down. The north saw sharia as counter force to Niger Delta agitation for resource control. To them, either Sharia or Nigeria will be destroyed. The hues was so much that it became a national issue. I recall that the first chairman of Conference of Speakers of State houses of Assembly, Mr Okosun of Edo state lost political relevant for challenging Sharia. The man had responded to a question on Sharia and said " ... sharia code will die a natural death ..." The Islamic leaders never forgave that man. Soon almost all states in core North introduced sharia. Thereafter, Boko Haram was born.

The group was nurtured to undermine OBJ because of his religion. When Jonathan came to power, northern leaders "encouraged" Boko Haram just so that Jonathan government was destabilized forgetting that "the evil that men do lives after them". The same terrorists they created, nurtured and fed have now grown that it is consuming the creator and their children. We now have bandits all over northern Nigeria, kidnapping, raping, killing, enslaving and so on.

The Islamic cleric need to start teaching the right thing and stop myopic teaching of hatred for other religions.

I agreed with you totally!!!
Re: Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram by guynextdoor(m): 10:59pm On Sep 30, 2019
yellowman2225:
its so sad. they know book haram is being fuelled by Islam, but couldn't call Islam clerics and imaams to speak o their dogs. They were calling on religious leaders generally as if they don't know it's only Islamic leaders generally that can speak to their islamist brothers.

Abeg. call a spade a spade and call on ur imaams to speak to boko haram and stop generalising all religions.
No mind the mumu! Islam is and will always be the undoing of the north...a complete drawback to the entire nation.
Re: Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram by roladex(f): 11:07pm On Sep 30, 2019
donbachi:
59 years...shame on Nigeria.
big shame. Contact jaruma.tacha will help out.
Re: Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram by lloyds(m): 11:31pm On Sep 30, 2019
But I thought FG said the have defeated boko recently.....
Re: Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram by JonOlive: 11:34pm On Sep 30, 2019
Buratai should cover his face in shame. Him and his master Buhari said they have 'technically' defeated bokoharam. Now they have spent hundreds of billions of naira and thousands of young military personnel, especially from the southern/christian extraction only them to be calling for a 'spiritual warfare' on a war created by the hausa/fulani. This country is hopelessly hopeless.
Re: Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram by Kevinsamba: 11:37pm On Sep 30, 2019
Just see what a a whole military Commander is saying
Re: Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 30, 2019
Re: Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram by TheStarsAlign: 11:57pm On Sep 30, 2019
If only there's anything more shameful than shame.
Re: Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram by 9jaRealist: 12:08am On Oct 01, 2019
ZOO....
Run by superstitious Zoologists!
angry
>
Re: Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:10am On Oct 01, 2019
This guy just openly admitted to his own incompetence.
Re: Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram by Mosco100(m): 12:39am On Oct 01, 2019
I give you assurance in Jesus Christ name
Re: Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram by lereinter(m): 12:47am On Oct 01, 2019
Thank God am a babalawo, I will send my proposal tomorrow
Re: Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram by Bamz(m): 12:57am On Oct 01, 2019
owolabi5:
Can you imagine what would have happened if an American general had said this?

He'll be seriously scrutinised.
Re: Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram by Nicerazor(m): 12:59am On Oct 01, 2019
Victory is from God alone... cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Minister Of Interior Tunji-Ojo Commissions Fire Engines, Rapid Response Vehicles / Young Alhaji Shehu Shagari As A Member Of Parliament In 1955(photo) / Emir Of Kano, Dangote Visit Saraki Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.