Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,877 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? (37274 Views)

Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? / I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. / Is It Right Or Wrong? Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 6:57pm On Oct 01, 2019
Vasgas:

How you do know about this your information?
Fact or opinion?

Fact. People rarely talk about stuff like this but thanks NL though faceless. With awareness and criticism, a new knowledge will be birthed.
Re: Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? by DonaTee(f): 6:59pm On Oct 01, 2019
PrimadonnaO:

I know the mother-baby bond that happens with breastfeeding.

I don't live in the public. So whenever I'm in public, and especially when I can't find privacy, baby would feed from the bottle. kiss

Are you aware some babies reject bottle feeds as the tip doesn't feel like nipple?
Are you aware some wail n fight with the neck of your clothes till they expose the boobs?

My dear just go out with a breastfeeding friendly dress n try to locate a corner to do the thing peacefully to avoid fight grin some babies can fight dirty without backing down
Re: Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:46pm On Oct 01, 2019
DonaTee:

Are you aware some babies reject bottle feeds as the tip doesn't feel like nipple?
Are you aware some wail n fight with the neck of your clothes till they expose the boobs?

My dear just go out with a breastfeeding friendly dress n try to locate a corner to do the thing peacefully to avoid fight grin some babies can fight dirty without backing down

LOOL. I hope I get lucky.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? by missjo(f): 9:04pm On Oct 01, 2019
Tallesty1:
They started and finished work for us all. grin
Lol
Re: Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? by Trendytessy(f): 11:40pm On Oct 01, 2019
PrimadonnaO:

How can you compare with eating in public? undecided

Baby will feed from the bottle when we can't find privacy.
Some babies do not accept bottles no matter how much u try.
The available option is to cover with a piece of cloth. Y'all be thinking mothers just like bringing out breasts in public for the fun of it?

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? by ABOVEDELAW: 2:58am On Oct 02, 2019
IF YOUR GRANDFATHER AND YOUR FATHER HAD CHANGED THEIR GENDERS, YOU WON'T BE HERE RANTING NONSENSE.
kestolove95:
Very right but some useless stupid men will b steering as if dey want to suck to, useless creatures no wonder bobrisky change his gender
Re: Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? by midnighter(f): 11:37pm On Oct 02, 2019
You wiill cover your shoulders with a light blanket and feed your baby to its hearts content underneath

Its actually the man who should avert his eyes and have the good manners and sense to know not to stare at a nursing mother. She shouldnt need to hide anything because its already inconvenient enough without having to feel self-conscious about it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 03, 2019
midnighter:
You wiill cover your shoulders with a light blanket and feed your baby to its hearts content underneath

Its actually the man who should avert his eyes and have the good manners and sense to know not to stare at a nursing mother. She shouldnt need to hide anything because its already inconvenient enough without having to feel self-conscious about it

Very well said!
Re: Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? by midnighter(f): 3:37pm On Dec 03, 2019
Mindfulness:

Very well said!

Thank you sweet

1 Like

Re: Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? by MedicH: 4:56pm On Dec 03, 2019
NAETTE:
God, please bless me with a good man and beautiful babies. Breastfeeding location can never be my problem.

Haha grin
Re: Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? by Muzikluva(m): 8:35am On Dec 09, 2019
Ovems:

Women can breastfeed in public but can cover up using a flannel or any other breastfeeding clothes. If they do, people might not even know a child is feeding. I don't know why some women don't cover up.
I was once in a bus and this lady sat in the row in front. We were waiting for the bus to get full. She is a beautiful chocolate skinned lady and the blouse she wore actually revealed her cleavage and her boobs were massive! Then she loosened up and brought it all out.. Lawd! After enduring the sight for a while, I had to tell her to cover up before she now smiled and nodded in agreement and covered up.
Re: Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? by omoharry(f): 10:49am On Dec 09, 2019
MiztaYouneek:

What do you mean by minding my business and not noticing such? Do you mean when am sitting inside a bank waiting to do my own thing and the lady sitting next to mean just brings out her breast anyhow to feed her baby? Or when trying to pay for something in a shop and the lady selling tells me to wait just to bring out breast anyhow to feed baby before collecting my money? How can one mind their business not to notice such, maybe you can enlighten me on that so that I know how to always mind my business and don't notice such.
Have you ask your mum if she ever breastfed you in public back in the days? So many of you talking now where breastfed just like the woman the op displayed here. Babies can be unreasonable when they want thier milk and they don't care where you are and if you are prepared to bread-feed them..They will cry and shout to the high heavens until you are pressured to feed them there.Most women breastfeed without making the whole part visible to strangers.The babies suck behind their blouses.
I remembered seeing so many women back in the late 80s ,90s and the early part if the 2000s often breastfeed their babies while hawking their various merchandise .Those children are now men and women.They can even be found on Nairaland bashing the-same same method that they fed from.
Anyway, due civilization, it is good to be discreet when bread feeding your babies outside as it is obscene for other men to see your breast brought our in the open just like that. Funny enough, this kind of bread feeding only happens among illiterate women and those on the street begging for money.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? by culf: 11:22pm On Dec 09, 2019
my wife does it and it's cool.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? by culf: 11:23pm On Dec 09, 2019
PrimadonnaO:
I always think about that part. Will I one day put my hand into my dress and fling out my breast in full public glare, all in the name of breastfeeding baby? cheesy

I doubt. I'll probably pump milk into baby's bottle. Can't fling breast outside in public.

are you kidding me?
Re: Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? by ImaIma1(f): 6:44am On Dec 10, 2019
shinacology:
This is a topic of moral and decency, when u breastfeed in public u know others are not blind
But the love for our little baby is ur concern it depends on the person if u like look it shows ur a sex starved pervert . courtesy demand u to look away out of respect for motherhood . hard to resit but use common sense . that why I love moms they don't hesitate to do things for their baby .
Case close abeg breastfeed ur pikin anywhere jor

The love for one's baby won't diminish if you have a flannel to cover up. Your body is still yours to protect even though it's a baby's food at that time. I couldn't imagine displaying my breast because of breastfeeding. I used to have a breastfeeding apron with me. The thing I have been hiding since, I will just start opening it up and down with the excuse of breastfeeding.
Re: Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? by ImaIma1(f): 6:48am On Dec 10, 2019
culf:
my wife does it and it's cool.

You won't mind if your friends come to visit you and you guys are all in the sitting room. And then your wife brings out her breast...nipple and all showing...not a single form of covering and she puts it in the baby's mouth. All this in the presence of your friends. You won't mind?
Re: Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? by ImaIma1(f): 6:59am On Dec 10, 2019
omoharry:
Have you ask your mum if she ever breastfed you in public back in the days? So many of you talking now where breastfed just like the woman the op displayed here. Babies can be unreasonable when they want thier milk and they don't care where you are and if you are prepared to bread-feed them..They will cry and shout to the high heavens until you are pressured to feed them there.Most women breastfeed without making the whole part visible to strangers.The babies suck behind their blouses.
I remembered seeing so many women back in the late 80s ,90s and the early part if the 2000s often breastfeed their babies while hawking their various merchandise .Those children are now men and women.They can even be found on Nairaland bashing the-same same method that they fed from.
Anyway, due civilization, it is good to be discreet when bread feeding your babies outside as it is obscene for other men to see your breast brought our in the open just like that. Funny enough, this kind of bread feeding only happens among illiterate women and those on the street begging for money.

I don't think the issue is breastfeeding. The issue is covering up while breastfeeding. It doesn't reduce the love for the baby or stop whatever bond. There's nothing wrong if women cover up while breastfeeding instead of assaulting people's eyes with breast or making people uneasy. It's not all our mothers who displayed their breasts in public. It is not by displaying breast that we know one is a good mother.

I breastfed in public. But you would hardly ever see my breast. There's always a corner to stay in or face and breastfeed or use a flannel/breastfeeding apron, wear breastfeeding friendly clothes, etc. There's no excuse to just bringing out your breast to the full glare of strangers because you want to breastfeed.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? by ImaIma1(f): 7:06am On Dec 10, 2019
PrimadonnaO:
I always think about that part. Will I one day put my hand into my dress and fling out my breast in full public glare, all in the name of breastfeeding baby? cheesy

I doubt. I'll probably pump milk into baby's bottle. Can't fling breast outside in public.

You don't have to. Don't make anyone here make you feel you are a bad person because you don't want your personal business outside.

Besides, there's hope for you. I breastfed in public but I didn't have to put my breast for the whole world to see. There's always a corner to sit in or face. Besides, there are breastfeeding aprons that work well. Some people just make you believe that the baby will cry and you will have no choice than to fling out your breast.

My breast was still my personal property to protect. Breastfeeding didn't change that.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:21am On Dec 10, 2019
ImaIma1:

You don't have to. Don't make anyone here make you feel you are a bad person because you don't want your personal business outside.

Besides, there's hope for you. I breastfed in public but I didn't have to put my breast for the whole world to see. There's always a corner to sit in or face. Besides, there are breastfeeding aprons that work well. Some people just make you believe that the baby will cry and you will have no choice than to fling out your breast.

My breast was still my personal property to protect. Breastfeeding didn't change that.

Awesome! Thanks. smiley
Re: Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? by culf: 3:19pm On Dec 10, 2019
ImaIma1:

You won't mind if your friends come to visit you and you guys are all in the sitting room. And then your wife brings out her breast...nipple and all showing...not a single form of covering and she puts it in the baby's mouth. All this in the presence of your friends. You won't mind?

i won't, feeding my baby is the first priority. my Friend's wife too does that sometimes when I'm around and i dont see anything wrong with it.
Re: Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? by ImaIma1(f): 4:50pm On Dec 10, 2019
culf:

i won't, feeding my baby is the first priority. my Friend's wife too does that sometimes when I'm around and i dont see anything wrong with it.

Feeding a baby is not synonymous to exposing the breasts. Your wife could as well go to the dinning table, to the room, etc except it is necessary that everyone has to see her breasts. Because it seems that people believe you must expose your breasts t the public to be termed a nursing mother
Re: Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? by culf: 5:20pm On Dec 10, 2019
ImaIma1:

Feeding a baby is not synonymous to exposing the breasts. Your wife could as well go to the dinning table, to the room, etc except it is necessary that everyone has to see her breasts. Because it seems that people believe you must expose your breasts t the public to be termed a nursing mother

what if the "dinning table, room etc" are not available at that point.

I met a lady yesterday in a bank, her baby was so cute so I started playing with her. her transaction was taking time and the baby was crying while she was filling forms. we told her to be fast so she can feed the baby. when the baby cry increased, she hurriedly brought out her breast, collected the baby from me to start feeding her and later on, brought out handkerchief to cover her breast. That is a great mother and expect my wife to do same if the situation warrant it. Who breast help when my baby is hungry and crying? she no fit try am sef

1 Like

Re: Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? by ImaIma1(f): 6:18pm On Dec 10, 2019
culf:

what if the "dinning table, room etc" are not available at that point.

I met a lady yesterday in a bank, her baby was so cute so I started playing with her. her transaction was taking time and the baby was crying while she was filling forms. we told her to be fast so she can feed the baby. when the baby cry increased, she hurriedly brought out her breast, collected the baby from me to start feeding her and later on, brought out handkerchief to cover her breast. That is a great mother and expect my wife to do same if the situation warrant it. Who breast help when my baby is hungry and crying? she no fit try am sef

Lol...the dinning area, rooms, and other corners in the house have to be occupied so that she can bring out the breasts in front of your friends...I see.

Exposing the breasts is a personal thing and has nothing to do with being a good/great mother. Let's not mix the two up. When I had my baby, I was exclusive for several months and I breastfed everywhere I took her...public places, but I am conscious of my body despite the fact that I am a mother. And covering up was and is my prerogative. Besides my husband didn't like the idea of a woman exposing her body to other men all in the name of breastfeeding.

Another person can decide to just bring out her breasts for her baby and everyone. That doesn't make the person a better mum. The most important thing is feeding when needed. Whether you now expose the breasts or not is a personal thing.

The breasts I have been hiding and protecting all these years, I will now just start exposing it for every Tom , dick and Mariah because I am a mother. Iyooooo!

1 Like

Re: Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? by jakandeola(m): 6:54pm On Dec 10, 2019
ImaIma1:

Lol...the dinning area, rooms, and other corners in the house have to be occupied so that she can bring out the breasts in front of your friends...I see.

Exposing the breasts is a personal thing and has nothing to do with being a good/great mother. Let's not mix the two up. When I had my baby, I was exclusive for several months and I breastfed everywhere I took her...public places, but I am conscious of my body despite the fact that I am a mother. And covering up was and is my prerogative. Besides my husband didn't like the idea of a woman exposing her body to other men all in the name of breastfeeding.

Another person can decide to just bring out her breasts for her baby and everyone. That doesn't make the person a better mum. The most important thing is feeding when needed. Whether you now expose the breasts or not is a personal thing.

The breasts I have been hiding and protecting all these years, I will now just start exposing it for every Tom , dick and Mariah because I am a mother. Iyooooo!
wetin dey breast we Neva see b4 if u like dont feed baby DAT ur cup of tea I tot u are matured. moment u born a baby u do wat baby like not wat u like
Re: Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? by jakandeola(m): 6:57pm On Dec 10, 2019
PrimadonnaO:

but most guys and former boyfriend have seen ur breast so who are u deciving.d moment u born a baby u do wat baby want and not wat u want
Re: Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? by ImaIma1(f): 7:28pm On Dec 10, 2019
jakandeola:
wetin dey breast we Neva see b4 if u like dont feed baby DAT ur cup of tea I tot u are matured. moment u born a baby u do wat baby like not wat u like

Are you saying maturity means exposing my body?

And no, having a baby doesn't mean doing only what your baby wants...lol. Where did you get that from?

Don't worry. When your wife puts to bed, you can let her show her boobs to everyone.
Re: Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? by jakandeola(m): 9:25pm On Dec 10, 2019
ImaIma1:

Are you saying maturity means exposing my body?

And no, having a baby doesn't mean doing only what your baby wants...lol. Where did you get that from?

Don't worry. When your wife puts to bed, you can let her show her boobs to everyone.

I think my wife boobs belong to me alone but am saying not to evryone but sometimes y have no choice. I will be sad if my baby keep crying.if am dere I will let her breast feed in public but I will be alert and be looking round if I see any guy who look my wife breast I will fight him.
Re: Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? by ImaIma1(f): 9:38pm On Dec 10, 2019
jakandeola:
I think my wife boobs belong to me alone but am saying not to evryone but sometimes y have no choice. I will be sad if my baby keep crying.if am dere I will let her breast feed in public but[b] I will be alert and be looking round if I see any guy who look my wife breast I will fight him[/b].

cheesy cheesy

You will fight tire. Some men that have looking for how they will see her breasts will entertain themselves
Re: Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? by culf: 10:52pm On Dec 10, 2019
ImaIma1:

I can't stop laughing...nicely said "its a personal thing" but I have issues with women refusing to feed their babies (when there is no secluded place) because its an open place and they don't want to expose their breasts. My wife knows about this and I"m happy she is cooperating. I'm not saying expose breast unnecessary but feed the baby anyway you can when the baby is hungry.
being a better mum is relative but personally I feel a lady being responsive to her baby irrespective of the environment is a quality of a good mother.
my brother inlaw was once like your husband, he doesn't like my sis breastfeeding outside but over time, he became OK with it.
Yes, I don't like women exposing too much of their body in public but this is a different case. I was in a public vehicle one day and a baby was crying but the mum refused to breastfeed her, she did everything possible but the baby refused to stop because she was obviously hungry, you need to see the bashing that lady got that day from both men and women. there is nothing she didn't hear on that particular day and to me, they are right to scold her though not to the extreme. if a lady knows she can't expose her breast, she should put measures in place to feed her child when need arises and not starving the baby because she don't want to expose her breast and the place is not conducive.
my dear, with due respect, its my breast, I paid for it and so my baby should have access to it whenever he wants it. Any idiot (guy) around that wants to be stupid, its his own business.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? by ImaIma1(f): 12:30am On Dec 11, 2019
culf:

I can't stop laughing...nicely said "its a personal thing" but I have issues with women refusing to feed their babies (when there is no secluded place) because its an open place and they don't want to expose their breasts. My wife knows about this and I"m happy she is cooperating. I'm not saying expose breast unnecessary but feed the baby anyway you can when the baby is hungry.
being a better mum is relative but personally I feel a lady being responsive to her baby irrespective of the environment is a quality of a good mother.
my brother inlaw was once like your husband, he doesn't like my sis breastfeeding outside but over time, he became OK with it.
Yes, I don't like women exposing too much of their body in public but this is a different case. I was in a public vehicle one day and a baby was crying but the mum refused to breastfeed her, she did everything possible but the baby refused to stop because she was obviously hungry, you need to see the bashing that lady got that day from both men and women. there is nothing she didn't hear on that particular day and to me, they are right to scold her though not to the extreme. if a lady knows she can't expose her breast, she should put measures in place to feed her child when need arises and not starving the baby because she don't want to expose her breast and the place is not conducive.
my dear, with due respect, its my breast, I paid for it and so my baby should have access to it whenever he wants it. Any idiot (guy) around that wants to be stupid, its his own business.

I have even breastfed my baby while walking on the road before but I didn't expose anything. That's why I said it's a personal thing. Because I used to wear tops that allowed me breastfeed without being exposed and I always carried a flannel. For me, I don't like the exposure. And so I took measures to make sure baby and I were comfortable.

My husband can't be ok with me displaying what he believes he alone should be privy to especially because he knows it can be avoided without hurting the baby in any way.

Re: Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? by culf: 11:12pm On Dec 11, 2019
ImaIma1:

I have even breastfed my baby while walking on the road before but I didn't expose anything. That's why I said it's a personal thing. Because I used to wear tops that allowed me breastfeed without being exposed and I always carried a flannel. For me, I don't like the exposure. And so I took measures to make sure baby and I were comfortable.

My husband can't be ok with me displaying what he believes he alone should be privy to especially because he knows it can be avoided without hurting the baby in any way.

Awesome!! you took measures to make sure you are covered and comfortable but some ladies will not take such measures and will not breastfeed with their breast exposed if the place is not secluded allowing the little babies to be crying because of hunger.

my wife told me yesterday that she went to office, needed to breastfeed so she went to drivers office, they wanted to excuse her but she ask them to stay, I didn't bother to ask whether she cover herself or not, she had everything she needed. what happens if she didn't take everything she will need and the guys refused to excuse her, will she still breastfeed? some ladies won't. how will a Lady that doesn't like exposing her breast go out without the necessary things needed to cover herself properly to breastfeed and will never breastfeed with her breast outside. those are the types I have issues with.

#How is (mama) your baby?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) / Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives / Zimbabwean Man Catches His Wife & Her 'Uncle' In Bed, Attempts Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.