Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,176 members, 7,835,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

See Dr Nnamdi Azikwe/princess Alexandra Kent Walked In During Independence Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Dr Nnamdi Azikwe/princess Alexandra Kent Walked In During Independence Day (1524 Views)

Ogun: RTEAN Members Show Their PVCs During Independence Day March / Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics / See Colourful Displays By Air Force During Independence Celebration In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Dr Nnamdi Azikwe/princess Alexandra Kent Walked In During Independence Day by HiztoryBox(m): 6:32am On Oct 01, 2019
See one classic Moment when our First President, Dr Nnamdi Azikwe Walked in during 1960 Nigeria Independence day Celebration.

Check Out HOW NIGERIANS CELEBRATED HER INDEPENDENCE ON SATURDAY, 1ST OF OCTOBER, 1960 [WITH PICTURES] https://www.hiztorybox.com.ng/see-how-nigerians-celebrated-her-independence-on-saturday-1st-of-october-1960-with-pictures/

Also 12 SONGS THAT TALKS ABOUT NIGERIA INDEPENDENCE https://www.hiztorybox.com.ng/12-songs-that-talks-about-nigeria-independence/

Read More Nigeria History on www.hiztorybox.com.ng

Re: See Dr Nnamdi Azikwe/princess Alexandra Kent Walked In During Independence Day by NaijaRoyalty(m): 6:45am On Oct 01, 2019
The great Zik of Africa .

Man of integrity unlike the criminal and back stabbing Obafemi Awolowo .

Zik was never interested in becoming the president ...
All he wanted was a better Nigeria and He achieved that during his time before the likes of Buhari came on board and destroyed everything our founding fathers (excluding Awolowo) worked for.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Dr Nnamdi Azikwe/princess Alexandra Kent Walked In During Independence Day by orisa37: 7:08am On Oct 01, 2019
Azikwe enjoyed it very much. God bless him wherever he is now.
Re: See Dr Nnamdi Azikwe/princess Alexandra Kent Walked In During Independence Day by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 01, 2019
HiztoryBox:
See one classic Moment when our First President, Dr Nnamdi Azikwe Walked in during 1960 Nigeria Independence day Celebration.

[s]Check Out HOW NIGERIANS CELEBRATED HER INDEPENDENCE ON SATURDAY, 1ST OF OCTOBER, 1960 [WITH PICTURES] [/s] https://www.hiztorybox.com.ng/see-how-nigerians-celebrated-her-independence-on-saturday-1st-of-october-1960-with-pictures/

Also [s]12 SONGS THAT TALKS ABOUT NIGERIA INDEPENDENCE[/s] https://www.hiztorybox.com.ng/12-songs-that-talks-about-nigeria-independence/

Read More Nigeria History on[ www.hiztorybox.com.ng
Re: See Dr Nnamdi Azikwe/princess Alexandra Kent Walked In During Independence Day by KingOfAllIgbos: 7:09am On Oct 01, 2019
Let me give you a History lesson :

1. He was the 1st ever unity beggar.

2. The 1st willing Fulani slave. He accepted to be Tafawa Balewa's houseboy.

3. 1st leader to run away from battle i.e. hapless coward.

Try again!

NaijaRoyalty:

Zik was never interested in becoming the president ... but a Houseboy

1 Like

Re: See Dr Nnamdi Azikwe/princess Alexandra Kent Walked In During Independence Day by KingOfAllIgbos: 7:09am On Oct 01, 2019
cheesy
Re: See Dr Nnamdi Azikwe/princess Alexandra Kent Walked In During Independence Day by HiztoryBox(m): 7:13am On Oct 01, 2019
We are still proud of our Founding Fathers and their labour of patriotism

NaijaRoyalty:

All he wanted was a better Nigeria and He achieved that during his time before the likes of Buhari came on board and destroyed everything our founding fathers (excluding Awolowo) worked for.
Re: See Dr Nnamdi Azikwe/princess Alexandra Kent Walked In During Independence Day by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:21am On Oct 01, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:
Let me give you a History lesson :

1. He was the 1st ever unity beggar.

2. The 1st willing Fulani slave. He accepted to be Tafawa Balewa's houseboy.

3. 1st leader to run away from battle i.e. hapless coward.

Try again!

Thieving Awolowo and General Oladipo Diya you meant .

1 Like

Re: See Dr Nnamdi Azikwe/princess Alexandra Kent Walked In During Independence Day by KingOfAllIgbos: 7:26am On Oct 01, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

Thieving Awolowo and General Oladipo Diya you meant .

Nah. Zik provided the template for wearing women's clothing and running at the 1st sign of trouble.

Ojukwu... Kanu. Even Oladipo Diya might have some Igbo relatives because most activists like Gani, Fela, Soyinka are all Yoruba. grin

They are known for bravery and you know it cheesy

1 Like

Re: See Dr Nnamdi Azikwe/princess Alexandra Kent Walked In During Independence Day by opportunes: 7:29am On Oct 01, 2019
undecided
Re: See Dr Nnamdi Azikwe/princess Alexandra Kent Walked In During Independence Day by ccffwx: 7:30am On Oct 01, 2019
Nnamdi not Namdi
Re: See Dr Nnamdi Azikwe/princess Alexandra Kent Walked In During Independence Day by HiztoryBox(m): 7:32am On Oct 01, 2019
tHANKS Alot
ccffwx:
Nnamdi not Namdi
Re: See Dr Nnamdi Azikwe/princess Alexandra Kent Walked In During Independence Day by femolii: 7:55am On Oct 01, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

Zik house boy to tafawa balewa a man that betrayed his people by running away during the war a man that end up his life as ceremonial president to Tafawa balewa I don't know the reason zik did all these to him self and his peopla, I don't even see this man achievements a man they sent out unclothedness from south west back to south east.
Re: See Dr Nnamdi Azikwe/princess Alexandra Kent Walked In During Independence Day by selemempe: 8:03am On Oct 01, 2019
femolii:
Zik house boy to tafawa balewa a man that betrayed his people by running away during the war a man that end up his life as ceremonial president to Tafawa balewa I don't know the reason zik did all these to him self and his peopla, I don't even see this man achievements a man they sent out unclothedness from south west back to south east.
I blame zik for not upting to remain Independent with his eastern region in 1957 but bro, zik was more fulfilled politically than awolowo. Awolowo became opposition leader when zik was president. Awolowo was promised that he would be president after Gowon and mumu man threw decorum the wind and hustled for Gowon throughout the war

1 Like

Re: See Dr Nnamdi Azikwe/princess Alexandra Kent Walked In During Independence Day by FactBoyz: 8:05am On Oct 01, 2019
shocked
Re: See Dr Nnamdi Azikwe/princess Alexandra Kent Walked In During Independence Day by chriskosherbal(m): 8:13am On Oct 01, 2019
Who among you share this with me sometimes, seeing things like this in Nigeria today,one wonder if the likes of zik would have just left us in the hands of our colonial masters cos one is tempted to believe life would have been better for Nigerians as well as Nigeria than it is today.

Just thinking though.

1 Like

Re: See Dr Nnamdi Azikwe/princess Alexandra Kent Walked In During Independence Day by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:29am On Oct 01, 2019
femolii:

Zik is not Tinubu that became a house boy to the fulanis because of political gains.

Zik worked tirelessly for a better Nigeria during his days .. but Awolowo and Tinubu worked for their personal political gains .

The difference is clear
Re: See Dr Nnamdi Azikwe/princess Alexandra Kent Walked In During Independence Day by femolii: 8:40am On Oct 01, 2019
selemempe:
I blame zik for not upting to remain Independent with his eastern region in 1957 but bro, zik was more fulfilled politically than awolowo. Awolowo became opposition leader when zik was president. Awolowo was promised that he would be president after Gowon and mumu man threw decorum the wind and hustled for Gowon throughout the war
U are completely wrong is better for you to say the truth than this one you are saying here, do you really know the meaning of ceremonial President Tafawa balewa prime minister is the one in charge zik is messager, zik is just a dressing status his signature is nothing and for your information awo was not in opposition, awolowo was the premier of western region then not opposition, you just types under the umbrella of hate.
Re: See Dr Nnamdi Azikwe/princess Alexandra Kent Walked In During Independence Day by Ichiebillion: 8:54am On Oct 01, 2019
chriskosherbal:
Who among you share this with me sometimes, seeing things like this in Nigeria today,one wonder if the likes of zik would have just left us in the hands of our colonial masters cos one is tempted to believe life would have been better for Nigerians as well as Nigeria than it is today.

Just thinking though.
Not doubt that if the colonialists had stayed much longer, we will be better of today. The greatest undoing in the 20th century.
Re: See Dr Nnamdi Azikwe/princess Alexandra Kent Walked In During Independence Day by femolii: 8:58am On Oct 01, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

Zik is not Tinubu that became a house boy to the fulanis because of political gains.

Zik worked tirelessly for a better Nigeria during his days .. but Awolowo and Tinubu worked for their personal political gains .

The difference is clear
Zik really serve as a boy and worked with Fulani's in our first republic but he failed go and ask you fathers they will tell you so all this pepper body is just because your failure in politics.
Re: See Dr Nnamdi Azikwe/princess Alexandra Kent Walked In During Independence Day by selemempe: 8:58am On Oct 01, 2019
femolii:
U are completely wrong is better for you to say the truth than this one you are saying here, do you really know the meaning of ceremonial President Tafawa balewa prime minister is the one in charge zik is messager, zik is just a dressing status his signature is nothing and for your information awo was not in opposition, awolowo was the premier of western region then not opposition, you just types under the umbrella of hate.
lol ..poor students of history...most yorubas. I guess the civil war made many Igbos to actively read Nigeria history.

1. Awolowo became leader of opposition from 1960 till he was imprisoned. Before then he was premier
2. Akintola was premier of afonia region from 1960 till he was killed
3. Zik was premier of East from 1953 to 1959…then senate president for 1yr, then Governor general for 3 years before becoming president for 3 years. Awolowo doesn't even beging to have his stature.
That's part of the reason awolowo is only on 100 naira note while his contemporaries are in higher denominations
Re: See Dr Nnamdi Azikwe/princess Alexandra Kent Walked In During Independence Day by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:03am On Oct 01, 2019
femolii:
Zik really serve as a boy and worked with Fulani's in our first republic but he failed go and ask you fathers they will tell you so all this pepper body is just because your failure in politics.

But Zik is on 500 Naira note while your mediocre of Awolowo obafemi was downgraded to N100 naira notes .

That should tell you Zik got more respect than that political house boy called Awolowo .

1 Like

Re: See Dr Nnamdi Azikwe/princess Alexandra Kent Walked In During Independence Day by femolii: 9:55am On Oct 01, 2019
selemempe:
lol ..poor students of history...most yorubas. I guess the civil war made many Igbos to actively read Nigeria history.

1. Awolowo became leader of opposition from 1960 till he was imprisoned. Before then he was premier
2. Akintola was premier of afonia region from 1960 till he was killed
3. Zik was premier of East from 1953 to 1959…then senate president for 1yr, then Governor general for 3 years before becoming president for 3 years. Awolowo doesn't even beging to have his stature.
That's part of the reason awolowo is only on 100 naira note while his contemporaries are in higher denominations
for you to be telling me that zik is President of Nigeria is a big mistake you must put ceremonial because is an image. awo was premier before akintola. the only problem of you people is hate I become this and that is osus ways of life zik is the Genesis of your problems can you point out one particular thing u achieve during zik in your south east Senate president for one year is that achievement in your region Oga that is not achievement Igbos were the Senate President from 1999 to 2007 from akadigbo to Venus what did u achieve under them. but i can mention a Lot's of achievement and development under awo in south west under awo u and your people troop down south west to survive all because awo achievement ogbeni cover your head in shame.
Re: See Dr Nnamdi Azikwe/princess Alexandra Kent Walked In During Independence Day by selemempe: 10:04am On Oct 01, 2019
femolii:
for you to be telling me that zik is President of Nigeria is a big mistake you must put ceremonial because is an image. awo was premier before akintola. the only problem of you people is hate I become this and that is osus ways of life zik is the Genesis of your problems can you point out one particular thing u achieve during zik in your south east Senate president for one year is that achievement in your region Oga that is not achievement Igbos were the Senate President from 1999 to 2007 from akadigbo to Venus what did u achieve under them. but i can mention a Lot's of achievement and development under awo in south west under awo u and your people troop down south west to survive all because awo achievement ogbeni cover your head in shame.
we were trooping to south West? Who feeds you kids these lies?

Bro AWOLOWO turned Yoruba land to African Dubai Taiwan...kudos

You have gone from comparing their political careers to comparing canton developments only seen on paper

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves
Re: See Dr Nnamdi Azikwe/princess Alexandra Kent Walked In During Independence Day by femolii: 10:07am On Oct 01, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

But Zik is on 500 Naira note while your mediocre of Awolowo obafemi was downgraded to N100 naira notes .

That should tell you Zik got more respect than that political house boy called Awolowo .
See mumuny so zik on 500 naira note is an achievement hahaha pls leave this tread now you have nothing to say.
Re: See Dr Nnamdi Azikwe/princess Alexandra Kent Walked In During Independence Day by femolii: 10:19am On Oct 01, 2019
selemempe:
we were trooping to south West? Who feeds you kids these lies?

Bro AWOLOWO turned Yoruba land to African Dubai Taiwan...kudos

You have gone from comparing their political careers to comparing canton developments only seen on paper

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves
Where are you now desert or where ? so you don't know your people are nuisances in south west while some are doing their legitimate job.
Re: See Dr Nnamdi Azikwe/princess Alexandra Kent Walked In During Independence Day by selemempe: 10:23am On Oct 01, 2019
femolii:
Where are you now desert or where ? so you don't know your people are nuisances in south west while some are doing their legitimate job.
oh wait..am also in the south west too? Wow
Re: See Dr Nnamdi Azikwe/princess Alexandra Kent Walked In During Independence Day by femolii: 10:42am On Oct 01, 2019
selemempe:
oh wait..am also in the south west too? Wow
U see your life.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Happening To Igbo People? / Yoruba Are No Strangers To War — But! / PHOTO: El-rufai Flouts #twitterban, Tweets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.