Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,395 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. (10090 Views)

Mkobo Microfinance Bank Supports Nigerians With Lifeline Asset Finance / Tony Elumelu Wears White Outfit To Celebrate Independence Day (Photo) / Lumos Nigeria Supports Smes With Energy Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by OEPHIUS(m): 7:12am On Oct 01, 2019
Do you want your business to grow but cannot find the means to access funding? Then this Independence Day gift from National Microfinance Bank is just for you. As Nigeria celebrates its 59th anniversary, the Bank has announced a call to Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) across Nigeria to access the Agri-Business/Small and Medium Enterprise Investment Scheme (AGSMEIS); an initiative to by the Banker’s Committee and the Central Bank of Nigeria to support the Federal Government's efforts and policy measures for the promotion of agricultural businesses and small/medium enterprises (SMEs) as vehicles for sustainable economic development and employment generation.

Through the AGSMEIS, National Microfinance Bank offers loans of up to N10m to SMEs who want to build or grow their business and also supports their growth with business training delivered by Entrepreneurship Development Institutes and Centres (EDIs) which also guide and assist SMEs in getting all necessary documents required to secure loans from the scheme. According to the CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele, during an event earlier in the year SME operators can access AGSMEIS loans without necessarily providing any collateral. He added that “The asset that we are financing for them will act as the collateral. That collateral will be registered in our national collateral registry as something that is eligible to serve as collateral or security for a loan that has been taken”

With Nigerian SMEs battling the effects of an economy just getting out of recession, access to finance remains one of the major impediments for their growth and the effects of this goes a long way to increase Nigeria’s unemployment figures. With the AGSMEIS, National Microfinance Bank believes it can help SMEs grow their business and offer them much-needed business training to scale their operations and compete with global counterparts.

The National Microfinance Bank is a leading Nigerian financial institution licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in Nigeria. The Company was incorporated as a Private Limited Company in 2019 and commenced operations following the grant of a licence by the Central Bank of Nigeria to operate as a National Microfinance Bank in the same year. It is Owned 50% by the Bankers Committee, 40% by NIRSAL and 10% NIPOST. So far the bank has disbursed approximately 776 million in loans to eligible SMEs under the AGSMEIS.

The AGSMEIS loans are available to SMEs across the Information Technology, Creative, Arts, Industrial, Agricultural, Manufacturing and hospitality industries. Loans amounts can be as much N10m and the annual interest rate is set at a single-digit 5% rate to put more ease on entrepreneurs. Interested SMEs and entrepreneurs can apply now at www.nmfb.com.ng/sme or visit any of the 56 National Microfinance Bank branches nationwide. An additional 718 branches of the bank will be opened soon.

https://thepunditng.com/national-microfinance-bank-supports-smes-with-independence-day-gift/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by Dikaveli2(m): 7:59am On Oct 01, 2019
Happy independence day to nigeria as a country (biafra as a secseaction) afenifere as a secseaction, Niger delta as agitators, and ariwa as opportunists..
59 years of confusion, fighting and hatred. I just wish we gave love, peace and harmony just 9years out of the fifty and see if we won't be better than south Africa. Even though some parts of the country are been marginalized but it just because we the youths gave those old men chance to play with our integrity and intelligent. But nevertheless we are one.
So i beseech every Nigerian �� to think about what he or she can do for his country not what your country will do for you.
We are nigeria
Great nation good people
Long live federal republic of nigeria
Long live igbo as a tribe
Long live Yoruba as a tribe
Long live Hausa as a tribe
Long live ibibio as a tribe
Long live Efik as a tribe
Long live bini as a tribe
Long live kalabari as a tribe
Long live ijaw as a tribe
Long live tiv as a tribe
Long live idoma as a tribe
Long live oron as a tribe
Long live isoko as a tribe
Long live urhobo as a tribe
Long live itesekiri as a tribe
Long live igala as a tribe
Long live every other tribe of this great nation.
Long live every nigeria youth
Long live our parents
Long live nairaland.
I dedicate this my FTC to nigeria �� in general and every Nigerian as a citizen.
Don't blame me for this comment on non related post but commend me for using my first opportunity to preach love.
. thank you all.

Yours faithfully
Victor onyedikachi.

Mr seun please credit me so i can pay my kid brother school fees

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by simhosting: 7:59am On Oct 01, 2019
ok
Re: National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 01, 2019
Good.

I'm an SME grin
Check my siggy
Re: National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 01, 2019
nice
Re: National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by A305: 8:03am On Oct 01, 2019
Osinachi1:
Good.

I'm an SME grin
Check my siggy
They should check my siggy too
Re: National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by delvzy(m): 8:06am On Oct 01, 2019
You just look at this and say it's a good idea but when the economy is as bad as this then this approach is a sham.
take for instance you loan this SME,'s funds with increasing interest without considering the marketing space on a long run.
You people need to start considering marketing strategies for this start-ups to be able to repay the loan on time and don't see it as a waste.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by Sirpaul(m): 8:09am On Oct 01, 2019
Patriotism is, fundamentally, a conviction that a particular country is the best in the world because you were born in it.

Happy Independence Nigeria.
@59��️��️��️��️��️��️��️
Re: National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by darocha1: 8:13am On Oct 01, 2019
So many org offering quick loans but no one cares about the unfavorable market condition and how repayment becomes an issue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by Cmeo(m): 8:15am On Oct 01, 2019
The ownership structure of this National Microfinance Bank is wrong.

They could have allowed 10-20% of the shareholding to be with the public. With the current structure of 50% for bankers committee, 40% for CBN and 10% for Nipost. What this still mean is that SME are still at the mercy of these commercial bankers, whose interest is theirs only and give loans to those close to them only, never to be paid again with CBN bailing them out with our collective fund/tax and never to paid back again to CBN.

National Microfinance Bank is still the same wolf � in the sheep � clothing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by donfineboy(m): 8:15am On Oct 01, 2019
Good morning nairalanders I need your help, i am a student and I currently do not have any money to eat,I would really appreciate any help I get. 3030845813 Polaris bank .this is a screenshot of my account balance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 01, 2019
Nigerians need capital to invest.
Re: National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by unitysheart(m): 8:19am On Oct 01, 2019
That site is suspect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by Sirmuel1(m): 8:26am On Oct 01, 2019
donfineboy:
Good morning nairalanders I need your help, i am a student and I currently do not have any money to eat,I would really appreciate any help I get. 3030845813 Polaris bank .this is a screenshot of my account balance

Go collect loan na, you no see advert for up? cheesy
Re: National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by damble: 8:31am On Oct 01, 2019
WHY DO THEY (LEADERSHIP OF NIG) ALWAYS LIKE TO PROVOKE THE ANGER IN US? ALWAYS WANTING US TO RAISE CURSES ON THEM. ALMOST A YEAR NOW THEY ROBBED ME OF BORROWED MONEY IN THE NAME OF TRAINING FOR THE PROGRAME, NOTHING GOOD DID NOT COME OUT OF IT. ANYBODY THAT STILL TAKE FG SERIOUS IS ON "OYO". I WAS IN ABUJA IN MAY THIS YEAR FOR THEIR YEYE "NATIONAL YOUTH ENTREPRENEURSHIP SUMMIT" WHEN A LADY ALLEGED THE MINISTRY OF TRADE AND INVESTMENT FOR STEALING HER IDEA "CHANGE BEGIN FROM ME"THROUGH THE BUSINESS PLAN SHE SUMMITED. A GUY EVEN CURSED THEM THERE FOR SIMILAR ACT. (ATELEWO ENI KI N TONI JE). MEANING: ONCE PALM WON'T DECIEVE HIM/HER. LET JUST CONTINUE HURSLING AND DEPEND SOLEMLY ON GOD AND NOT THIS ONES

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by Marvin67: 8:51am On Oct 01, 2019
Cmeo:
The ownership structure of this National Microfinance Bank is wrong.

They could have allowed 10-20% of the shareholding to be with the public. With the current structure of 50% for bankers committee, 40% for CBN and 10% for Nipost.

What this still mean is that SME are still at the mercy of these commercial bankers, whose interest is theirs only and give loans to those close to them only, never to be paid again with CBN bailing them out with our collective fund/tax and never to paid back again.

National Microfinance Bank is still the same wolf � in the sheep � clothing.

You're wrong sir. It's is owned by bankers committee, nirsal and nipost .

The bank was set up to provide a remedy to the wrong commercial banks have done to SME's in the past . The essence of creating is to grow business of SME's.

Your last paragraph is also very wrong . The way the loans are structured, you can't take money and not invest it. The money goes to your business and vendors not directly to you.

I'd be willing to give you more information if you're interested

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by Jabioro: 8:56am On Oct 01, 2019
The loan has been share to their cronies..if you are not part of them or share the money upfront you will never get qualified....
Re: National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by Marvin67: 8:59am On Oct 01, 2019
Jabioro:
The loan has been share to their cronies..if you are not part of them or share the money upfront you will never get qualified....

False . Very false .
Re: National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by Cmeo(m): 9:03am On Oct 01, 2019
Marvin67:

You're wrong sir. It's is owned by bankers committee, nirsal and nipost .

The bank was set up to provide a remedy to the wrong commercial banks have done to SME's in the past . The essence of creating is to grow business of SME's.

Your last paragraph is also very wrong . The way the loans are structured, you can't take money and not invest it. The money goes to your business and vendors not directly to you.

I'd be willing to give you more information if you're interested

Bankers committee is majorly made up of CEOs of commercial banks who represents their bank, NIRSAL is CBN initiative (just like commercial bank who is more or less CBN initiative through their regulatory functions) while Nipost is Nipost we all know.

Please, I will like to have more information sir, but I will believe the information until I am able to access the loan to finance business as an entrepreneur or someone I know, not the Anchor Borrower things.
Re: National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by Jabioro: 9:17am On Oct 01, 2019
Marvin67:

False . Very false .
Na me dey false abi na dem dey false us..they should tell us what and what they needed,i.e the documents and all others material so that we uploaded it..get approval,get the fund within five working dàys..This one wey dem dey handover us to someone who is going to guard us...na so dem Tak they start the chain of corruption
Re: National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by Bolo12: 9:26am On Oct 01, 2019
delvzy:
You just look at this and say it's a good idea but when the economy is as bad as this then this approach is a sham.
take for instance you loan this SME,'s funds with increasing interest without considering the marketing space on a long run.
You people need to start considering marketing strategies for this start-ups to be able to repay the loan on time and don't see it as a waste.

The Scheme comes with a compulsory training for all prospective beneficiaries on strategies to make their businesses thrive so that they can repay the loans and do well as a business

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:39am On Oct 01, 2019
Ideal.
Re: National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by safariman(m): 9:41am On Oct 01, 2019
The steps are in wrong order. Step 5 (Business plan) should come before obtaining a loan. How do you know how much you need to fund your growth without first forecasting your profitability, cash flow projections, uses of loan proceeds and eventual repayment program?
As a former banker, the rate of failure or default with these types of loan is extremely high, but at least some will benefit and help the economy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by Bolo12: 10:19am On Oct 01, 2019
safariman:
The steps are in wrong order. Step 5 (Business plan) should come before obtaining a loan. How do you know how much you need to fund your growth without first forecasting your profitability, cash flow projections, uses of loan proceeds and eventual repayment program?
As a former banker, the rate of failure or default with these types of loan is extremely high, but at least some will benefit and help the economy.

Step 5 is the implementation of the business plan with the assistance of experts, the business plan is usually developed before you even apply for the loan, it’s part of the pre-requisites for the application
Re: National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by Premiumwriter: 10:58am On Oct 01, 2019
donfineboy:
use loan app, collect loan and work after to pay back

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by sweetonugbu: 11:01am On Oct 01, 2019
Stories
Re: National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by chiblaze07(m): 11:42am On Oct 01, 2019
Nice one.

Meanwhile, this is TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN!!

To farmers especially and to those who want to start any form of agribusiness.

Topic: Different types of pig breeds suitable for pig farming business.

You may be wondering how many different types of pig breeds are available for pig farming business.

Really, you are not alone in this research.

Out of curiosity, I launched out to get details of as many pig breeds as I can find.

This article is the outcome of the research.

Having knowledge of the different pig breeds available will position you to make a better decision on what pig breed to rear.

Some pig breeds are best for ham and bacon, while others are for medical experiments.

There are some breeds which are very rare and there are others which are very rampant.

This article will expose you to a whole lot of different types of domestic pig breeds with their pictures.

Would you like to know about the individual characteristics of each of the pigs?

Leave a Comment on the website, and in the coming days, I will publish detailed information about each of the pig breeds.

Don’t forget to like and share this post.

Use the link below to read the full post.

Different types of pig breeds suitable for pig farming business.

Read more articles about pig farming business here.

Find more agribusiness ideas on Agro4africa

OEPHIUS:

https://thepunditng.com/national-microfinance-bank-supports-smes-with-independence-day-gift/

Re: National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by Godsplan115: 1:11pm On Oct 01, 2019
Premiumwriter:
use loan app, collect loan and work after to pay back
suggest one that doesn't require Bvn and employment status

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by temmytfyahoo(m): 1:18pm On Oct 01, 2019
Please with their guiding support and the CBN certified training and other processes, are all of this free or the participants are expected to pay?
Please educate me on this I mean people who have proper knowledge about the scheme.
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by Premiumwriter: 2:40pm On Oct 01, 2019
Godsplan115:
suggest one that doesn't require Bvn and employment status
you have bvn so what are you making the fuss about?

Branch, quickcheck don't care about employment status. I'm a student and I use both when I'm down on cash
Re: National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by Godsplan115: 3:13pm On Oct 01, 2019
Premiumwriter:
you have bvn so what are you making the fuss about?

Branch, quickcheck don't care about employment status. I'm a student and I use both when I'm down on cash

Thanks..
Re: National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. by darexkey(m): 3:34pm On Oct 01, 2019
I can help you write a professional business plan (CBN format) with full financial projections to access this loan at an affordable price.
The financials will show 3 years operating & preoperating expenses, 3 years cash flow, profit & loss projection, loan repayment plan, cost and sales projections, etc.

Contact me on WhatsApp 07039359066 for enquiry.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Importation of New Tyres and Rims Into Nigeria / Expedite Action On Recapitalisation, CBN Tells Banks / 6 Ways To Keep Your Online Customers Away From Your Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.