Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,152 members, 7,953,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:39 PM

Powerful Message Of Kwara State Governor On Independence Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Powerful Message Of Kwara State Governor On Independence Day (342 Views)

Wike Turned ‘As E Dey Pain Dem’ Song To Rivers Anthem On Independence Day? / Governor Seyi Makinde Walks 1.8km On Independence Day (photos) / Speaker Gbajabiamila Wearing Bulletproof Vest On Independence Day? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Powerful Message Of Kwara State Governor On Independence Day by bilms(m): 10:18am On Oct 01, 2019
*The powerful message of Kwara State Governor, Abdulrazaq Abdulrahman on independence day*

Today’s 59th independence anniversary offers another opportunity for us to celebrate our unity in diversity as a people. It hasn’t really been all rosy but the fact that our country remains one is an achievement on its own.

I join Mr. President and all patriots across the country to call on all Nigerians to embrace one another and build a country where we identify and treat ourselves only as citizens and fellow human beings, and not as Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw, Fulani, Christians, or Muslims. We should work harder to build a nation-state with zero emphasis on these cleavages.

Fellow citizens, 59 year down the road, we should build a country that works for all and not just for the privileged few. This requires that we look at the bigger picture each time we take decisions in our areas of influence. That bigger picture is national unity, national development and collective prosperity where no one is left behind.

On this note, I call on the political class to begin to see things in terms of what benefits the whole community and not what is politically expedient. Election is long over. Whether we belong to the ruling party or to the opposition, we are all confronted with the question of extreme poverty, unemployment, drug abuse, the danger of climate change, crime, and other challenges.

Let us spend the next four years working together to address these salient issues in our various ways. Let there be a consensus to free up funds to develop our state and shun antics that may keep us going round in a circle.

I call for elite consensus to develop our country and our state. We don’t claim to know it all but I can assure you, fellow Kwarans, that we are concerned only about leaving a legacy of equal opportunity, gender parity, youth inclusiveness, and fiscal discipline.

We want to make Kwara competitive and economically viable and that is why we are at the moment trying to fix basic things like roads, healthcare, primary education, women empowerment, and lift as many people as possible out of the poverty bracket.

I wish everyone a Happy Independence Anniversary.
Re: Powerful Message Of Kwara State Governor On Independence Day by bilms(m): 11:42am On Oct 01, 2019
angry
Re: Powerful Message Of Kwara State Governor On Independence Day by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:46am On Oct 01, 2019
Nothing powerful in his long epistle

He's just like Lai Muhammed, Talkatives.
Re: Powerful Message Of Kwara State Governor On Independence Day by bilms(m): 2:59pm On Oct 01, 2019
shocked
Re: Powerful Message Of Kwara State Governor On Independence Day by bilms(m): 8:54am On Oct 02, 2019
embarassed
Re: Powerful Message Of Kwara State Governor On Independence Day by Day169: 10:34am On Oct 02, 2019
"Otoge".. to poor leadership!
I pray he matches his words with action!!
Re: Powerful Message Of Kwara State Governor On Independence Day by bilms(m): 10:43am On Oct 02, 2019
He's already

(1) (Reply)

More Pictures As The Former President Jonathan Meets With President Buhari Today / How To Remove Chaff From Local Ofada Rice, I Thought This Was Common Knowledge / Health Is Your Right, Not Democracy Dividends, Akeredolu Tells Citizens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.