Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,066 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Thoughts On THE PLATFORM (live Discourse) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thoughts On THE PLATFORM (live Discourse) (496 Views)

Remi Sonaiya Apologizes For Sharing Fake News About Tinubu-CSU Discourse / El-rufai Absent From The Platform After Public Outrage / 'Boycott The Platform' Trends To Protest El-Rufai's Inclusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thoughts On THE PLATFORM (live Discourse) by pmc01(m): 11:32am On Oct 01, 2019
The Platform is currently airing, with the theme: "Redesigning new ideas for the Nigerian Economy"

Professor Soludo delivering his talk at the moment after Dr. Gupta and Bismarck Rewane.

So far, I have enjoyed Rewane's talk.

Can we barely our thoughts on the sessions as they come? It shouldn't all be about the irrelevancies.
Re: Thoughts On THE PLATFORM (live Discourse) by pmc01(m): 11:46am On Oct 01, 2019
Professor Soludo playing the "safe card".
Re: Thoughts On THE PLATFORM (live Discourse) by pmc01(m): 12:35pm On Oct 01, 2019
"Let the elite come together and make a commitment to at least give the youths the kind of privileges they enjoyed in their own youth."

Charles Soludo.

Lovely one.
Re: Thoughts On THE PLATFORM (live Discourse) by pmc01(m): 12:42pm On Oct 01, 2019
Time to reassess Peter Obi, as a potential leader of this country.
Re: Thoughts On THE PLATFORM (live Discourse) by pmc01(m): 12:43pm On Oct 01, 2019
It's important to be able to look at where you are and be capable of deciding where you are going.
Re: Thoughts On THE PLATFORM (live Discourse) by Kwanza: 12:52pm On Oct 01, 2019
You even have light sef.....Congrats
Re: Thoughts On THE PLATFORM (live Discourse) by pmc01(m): 12:54pm On Oct 01, 2019
"The problem is not actually in accumulating debts, but in borrowing for consumption, rather than spending on capital projects that can repay the debts."

Peter Obi.

True words. Still waiting for suggested solutions.
Re: Thoughts On THE PLATFORM (live Discourse) by pmc01(m): 1:58pm On Oct 01, 2019
Lagosians, what's your take on Sanwo Olu?

Is he a "talk n do" or it's all scoring cheap political points?
Re: Thoughts On THE PLATFORM (live Discourse) by pmc01(m): 2:35pm On Oct 01, 2019
Professor Soludo is wise. He definitely understands the principles of power.
Re: Thoughts On THE PLATFORM (live Discourse) by pmc01(m): 3:02pm On Oct 01, 2019
Good point by Soludo and a good example cited about the UK MP too.

We the people are the ones allowing reckless spending by Government officials.

We'll rather trend Tacha drama.
Re: Thoughts On THE PLATFORM (live Discourse) by Melvess(m): 3:33pm On Oct 01, 2019
I am really disappointed with people here, a very hot discussion going on at the platform and I expect this thread to be trending here but alas just few people here, I guess it's not bbn.smh

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On THE PLATFORM (live Discourse) by pmc01(m): 4:43pm On Oct 01, 2019
Melvess:
I am really disappointed with people here, a very hot discussion going on at the platform and I expect this thread to be trending here but alas just few people here, I guess it's not bbn.smh

I can't express how sad I am, honestly.

There have been very good meaningful ideas brought up today the youths should ordinarily latch unto, to pressure those in authority into being more proactive, but we're nowhere to be found.

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On THE PLATFORM (live Discourse) by Officialgarri: 5:52pm On Oct 01, 2019
With Obi's presentation, he's actually not better than Buhari who merely said the youths are lazy.

Someone who goes on national TV to only spew hatred about his country.
And of course quoting statistics without facts.

I don't know how and why Nigerians are easily fooled by eloquence.

Obi never speaks well of his country —ever, yet he did no better while he was governor of Anambra.
No wonder all his elections were won via the court.

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On THE PLATFORM (live Discourse) by pmc01(m): 7:48pm On Oct 01, 2019
Officialgarri:
With Obi's presentation, he's actually not better than Buhari who merely said the youths are lazy.

Obi never speaks well of his country —ever, yet he did no better while he was governor of Anambra.

I can't argue a fact-check might reveal he wasn't entirely right, but you can't say he didn't make some good points.

Eloquence doesn't always mean correctness though.
But we're not here to discuss individuals, rather the ideas to pick on.
Re: Thoughts On THE PLATFORM (live Discourse) by Ezewuzie01: 8:30pm On Oct 01, 2019
Officialgarri:

Peter obi has always been a sadist. Guess his loss at the general election made it worse. He is battling frustration.

(1) (Reply)

Fec Approves Name Change For Ministry Of Communications / Apc’s Existence May End With Buhari’s Tenure In 2023 – Rochas Okorocha / Buhari Can Lead Nigeria From Anywhere In The World – Adams Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.