Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Lamenations Of A Nigerian. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lamenations Of A Nigerian. (393 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lamenations Of A Nigerian. by Benblaq(m): 12:26pm On Oct 01, 2019
RE: THE LAMENTS OF A NIGERIAN.

I humbly greet you most holy and sovereign entity. It's a thing of joy whenever I think of the fact that you brought yourself down to a level where humans can communicate with you anywhere and anytime. Gracias.
I'm a Nigerian by birth, I'm sure you know already; of course you sent me here. I really appreciate your word towards mankind, and I give you a big credit for that. Obrigado.
I'm writing specifically to bring to your notice (of which you're aware of), that the place you sent me and my fellow compatriots to, has been a living hell for us. It's been five decades and nine revolutions around the sun, the tenth month of the native calendar, and the first day of October. I was informed at birth that my country gained independence on this very day. The joy I felt ran through my spine when I learnt the national anthem and pledge. The well articulated prayers and promises that make up the stanzas are indeed touching.
Dear Lord, the truth is that everything we've been taught is a lie. You know Lord. We were made to believe we are the future Leaders, education is the key, honesty is the best policy, Nigeria will be great again. Dear Lord, you know. The labours of our heroes past is in vain, you know. "One nation bound in freedom, peace and unity!" Lord, you hear school pupils screaming this line every single weekday, can you please tell them the truth? After all, they end their every pledge with "So help me God."
We are dying, it's no longer funny. Was it ever funny? No! I know you are in heaven, watching over all of us in this nation; you are watching keenly as we dance slowly into an impending doom. But, can't something be done? Like, can't there be a reason why we should quit killing ourselves? That reminds me, how about the conscience you placed in us? I mean, the one you built to keep track of our thoughts, words, deeds and actions. Is it that we no longer use it, or you intentionally switched it off from heaven.
Dear Lord, it's a whopping fifty nine years and Nigeria is still at the back of every other nation. For every one step forward we take, we compliment it with seven steps backward. But why is it so Lord? You created every race, tribe, language, and country. I am pretty sure you were not biased when you created all these. Then how did we get here? Dear Lord, other countries now boast of uninterrupted power supply, while a local government in Lagos State saw electricity for the first time last year. Why? Dear Lord, why? I really need answers to my many questions. What is our offence? Why are we not progressing? Why are we heartless? Dear Lord why? My tears are soaking my notepad as I write.
Dear Lord, remember you created us in your image and likeness. Just last week, a serial killer was arrested in Port Harcourt, River State. He killed quite a number of ladies for no reason. Lord, Is that your nature? I think there are so many things you still have not told me.
A torture house was recently discovered here in our country. A torture house? God, right under your nose and you kept mute. Why? Dear Lord, it's not fair at all, it's not. Babies are regularly dropped by roadsides in cartons. Do you think it's fair? Why are we suffering simply because we are Nigerians?
Everything about us is deteriorating at every break of dawn. Our country is no longer safe for habitation. You know right? Good. That's the major reason why my brothers and sisters run outside on a daily basis; running from fire to another fire. Dear Lord, should we talk about the xenophobic attack? You know about it right? You still have not done anything. Why? I'm asking you Lord, why?
I read in the book of Life, that you know everything that will happen, centuries before they do. Lord, you saw these men in power and still made them leaders over your children? Like, what made you want to hurt? Did our forefathers offend you and we are unfortunate to pay for their sins? Dear Lord, the average Nigerian politician has children overseas, while we struggle to learn under trees over here. Is it fair?
It's fifty nine year Lord, nothing to show for it. No morals, no decorum, no sanity, no glory, no achievement. I'm sure you know immorality is now revered above good. But why is it so? Is it that we have not cried enough? Religion is tearing us into pieces using your name and you are not saying anything.
I have lots of unanswered questions I would love you to answer, you really have to. Because I see no reason why others are progressing and we are not. I see no reason why some people will deliberately hold his fellow human hostage and demand for money. I see no reason why the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. I see no reason why tribal discrimination is raging inside of us. I see no reason why we still have bad roads, bad leaders, bad educational system, bad name, bad reputation, bad religions, bad accommodating spirits, bad power supply,broken homes, bad families and bad home as a country.
Dear Lord, today we celebrate our freedom. I beckon on you, come join us in our party of tears and wailing. You know how it feels to be suffering and smiling? That's how we feel every blessed day.
Your Royal Majesty, I really don't mean to be disrespectful to you, I just want to speak my mind via this note. Do you think Nigeria will be great again? Please reply me as soon as possible. Thank you.

Ephraim Reuben Peter (MBA)
Your innocent son.

(1) (Reply)

What Death Of Famous Ogbomosho Tortoise Means For Nigeria- Senator Shehu / Nigerians Amongst The Happiest People On Earth - Springers Journal Of Happiness / Obasanjo Says Nigeria Is So Divided

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.