Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Should I Still Celebrate Nigeria @59 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should I Still Celebrate Nigeria @59 (315 Views)

Ceremony: One Of Longest Serving Monarchs In Nigeria, 59 Years On Throne, Age 97 / Nigeria's 59 Independence: Goodluck Jonathan’s Message To Nigerians / Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should I Still Celebrate Nigeria @59 by Sunnycliff(m): 12:36pm On Oct 01, 2019
1. I took jamb exams and had 276, to study medicine in University of Ibadan. The university cut off was 280. I was debited admission but Musa Abdulahi, from Katsina state was offered admission in same school and he had 215 in his jamb exams. I wept sore and had to prepare for the next year, as I had no one to defend my cause.
2. We applied for a job in NNPC, we all took aptitude test. I scored 86 but wasn't shortlisted while Ahmed Danjuma from Gombe state who scored 43 was finally shortlisted and given a job. Three years after, am still an applicant while Danjuma now has a house in Abuja.
3. Each month, NEPA brings bills when in a month we don't have light upto 7 days cumulatively. I refuse to pay and lodge complaints but no positive response. I bear my pains.
4. I travelled a distance of over 300km from Kaduna to Zamfara in less than 4hrs. I travelled from Asaba to Enugu, a lesser distance but spent 7hrs. Bad road network. I came down to Enugu with headache and body pains.
5. Owerri to port Harcourt, we have to spend #1000 cash and almost 3 hours. The police checkpoints, as at the last count is 31 in number. While Kaduna to Abuja, I travelled to, I couldn't see upto 6 police checkpoints and we know how bandits and kidnappers ply that route. Did I tell you I spent less than 2 hours on that road for a distance of Almost 200km .
6. My cousin just resigned from police because he was posted to Boko haram again, having stayed there for over 9 months before coming back two months ago.
7. I wore a polo with nice sneakers and holding an iPhone sent to me by my cousin in the US, SARS, stopped me and started beating me accusing me of being a yahoo boy because I was on Jean and polo with a good snickers and an afro haircut. Before I could explain I was thrown to the cell and bailed with 50k for just nothing as they couldn't find any incriminating app or SMS in my phone.
8. My dad is a retired civil servant whose pension was last paid in 2010.
9. We do buy fuel for 98 when there was subsidy but now subsidy they are still paying and we buying @145.
10. We were happy when the minimum wage was signed in April by the president. But this is October and my mum's salary account has not improved with #1 but there's a VAT of 7% waiting nearby.
11. My president calls me a lazy youth but I have been seeking for job for the past three years. If am lazy, will I have the desire to look for job?
12. My anty was sometimes ago kidnapped, we reported to the police and las las, we still paid Ransome to release her yet security vote by the government is increasing daily.Should I still celebrate Nigeria at 59?
1. I took jamb exams and had 276, to study medicine in University of Ibadan. The university cut off was 280. I was debited admission but Musa Abdulahi, from Katsina state was offered admission in same school and he had 215 in his jamb exams. I wept sore and had to prepare for the next year, as I had no one to defend my cause.
2. We applied for a job in NNPC, we all took aptitude test. I scored 86 but wasn't shortlisted while Ahmed Danjuma from Gombe state who scored 43 was finally shortlisted and given a job. Three years after, am still an applicant while Danjuma now has a house in Abuja.
3. Each month, NEPA brings bills when in a month we don't have light upto 7 days cumulatively. I refuse to pay and lodge complaints but no positive response. I bear my pains.
4. I travelled a distance of over 300km from Kaduna to Zamfara in less than 4hrs. I travelled from Asaba to Enugu, a lesser distance but spent 7hrs. Bad road network. I came down to Enugu with headache and body pains.
5. Owerri to port Harcourt, we have to spend #1000 cash and almost 3 hours. The police checkpoints, as at the last count is 31 in number. While Kaduna to Abuja, I travelled to, I couldn't see upto 6 police checkpoints and we know how bandits and kidnappers ply that route. Did I tell you I spent less than 2 hours on that road for a distance of Almost 200km .
6. My cousin just resigned from police because he was posted to Boko haram again, having stayed there for over 9 months before coming back two months ago.
7. I wore a polo with nice sneakers and holding an iPhone sent to me by my cousin in the US, SARS, stopped me and started beating me accusing me of being a yahoo boy because I was on Jean and polo with a good snickers and an afro haircut. Before I could explain I was thrown to the cell and bailed with 50k for just nothing as they couldn't find any incriminating app or SMS in my phone.
8. My dad is a retired civil servant whose pension was last paid in 2010.
9. We do buy fuel for 98 when there was subsidy but now subsidy they are still paying and we buying @145.
10. We were happy when the minimum wage was signed in April by the president. But this is October and my mum's salary account has not improved with #1 but there's a VAT of 7% waiting nearby.
11. My president calls me a lazy youth but I have been seeking for job for the past three years. If am lazy, will I have the desire to look for job?
12. My anty was sometimes ago kidnapped, we reported to the police and las las, we still paid Ransome to release her yet security vote by the government is increasing daily.
13. With our own money we dig provide ourselves water, yet the government want us to pay water bill.
14. My generator gives us light every night yet month end bills come for electricity.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Report Card / Kogi Govership Elections: PDP Calls For Redeployment Of REC, Others / Abia, The Eastern State Left Behind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.