Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,645 members, 7,958,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:10 AM

Okada Riders Protest In Benue As Ortom Hits Them With N5,500 Levy (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada Riders Protest In Benue As Ortom Hits Them With N5,500 Levy (Photos) (15565 Views)

APC Primary Turns Bloody In Benue As Angry Members Beat Up State Party Chairman / 27 Mourners And Traders Killed In Agatu, Benue As Herdsmen Storm Burial Ceremony / PDP Primaries: Sorting Of Ballots Ongoing As Ortom Takes Unassailable Lead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okada Riders Protest In Benue As Ortom Hits Them With N5,500 Levy (Photos) by Whytecube: 6:44pm On Oct 01, 2019
Ortomatic ticket that was given to him has yielded ortamatic N5500 levy on okada riders. What a shame.
Re: Okada Riders Protest In Benue As Ortom Hits Them With N5,500 Levy (Photos) by Donmoscojaja(m): 6:44pm On Oct 01, 2019
miss my benue
Re: Okada Riders Protest In Benue As Ortom Hits Them With N5,500 Levy (Photos) by mansoura(f): 6:58pm On Oct 01, 2019
So sad.
I feel for them, poor people
Re: Okada Riders Protest In Benue As Ortom Hits Them With N5,500 Levy (Photos) by adecz: 7:03pm On Oct 01, 2019
Too many dunces in leadership
positions in Nigeria..

All their economic policies is just
to increase taxes or impose levies..

All our national incomes is to be used
to settle all the West African Fulani in
rugas in Nigeria .
Re: Okada Riders Protest In Benue As Ortom Hits Them With N5,500 Levy (Photos) by Stan2330(m): 8:17pm On Oct 01, 2019
The worst is in abia state....the levy imposed by the governor on the traders, you will think he is not from abia state
Tufiakwa
Re: Okada Riders Protest In Benue As Ortom Hits Them With N5,500 Levy (Photos) by izicooo(f): 8:45pm On Oct 01, 2019
FarahAideed:

Was it on APC ticket he became Governor in the first place
Yes mr. man, he later decamped to pdp after using Apc to clinch power.

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protest In Benue As Ortom Hits Them With N5,500 Levy (Photos) by Cajal(m): 8:47pm On Oct 01, 2019
APC and hardships
Re: Okada Riders Protest In Benue As Ortom Hits Them With N5,500 Levy (Photos) by DEBJOCH1(m): 9:21pm On Oct 01, 2019
RichDad1:
Thank God this Buffoon defected to the PDP. His inefficiency is very glaring.
I hope those PDP wailers will still blame the APC for his ineptitude.
Ikpeazu
Yahaya Bello
Ortom are the most useless Governors in Nigeria. QED
. You forgot to mention their most useless senior brother, the kerosene sharing Ikpeazu
Re: Okada Riders Protest In Benue As Ortom Hits Them With N5,500 Levy (Photos) by Afamed: 10:16pm On Oct 01, 2019
FarahAideed:
Nigerian govt and anti people policy na 5 and 6
Devil is a liar. After receiving enough bashing, you have secretly gone to edit your comments. You can see why I said you are a liar with bad memory

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protest In Benue As Ortom Hits Them With N5,500 Levy (Photos) by engrchykae(m): 11:12pm On Oct 01, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Your coming to Nairaland couldn’t be justify that you are mentally stable.
congratulations,you have been recommend for promotion.
you are doing your bmc job very well.
you and the mai suya manna bbq guy.
its not easy to do this kind of round the clock job.
anyway man must chop
Re: Okada Riders Protest In Benue As Ortom Hits Them With N5,500 Levy (Photos) by engrchykae(m): 11:26pm On Oct 01, 2019
Kendumazy:
Yesterday, I thought about something like this while I was at Ikeja. Nigeria is sitting on a time bomb if our leaders can't think of how to come up with initiatives that will better the lives of the common man. Saw task force collecting bikes up and down. I was like, why can't government call these highway Okada rider and discuss with them the risk involved in the type of bikes they use on the highway and bring up initiatives about them giving the government their bikes and the government in turn give them Gokada, opay type of bike. Government partner with opay, Gokada, they make it a reasonable hire purchase system for them. Government makes money, they make money as well and everyone is happy! Government can send the bike men former bikes to China and exchange for the opay, Gokada type. With 3000 to 5000 bikes. This initiative will be a success.
Government should stop block the genuine means of livelihood of the common man. Let a feasible alternative be given first.

God bless Nigeria!
and who the he'll told you that government whether pdp or apc has the intention to make common nigerians happy?
nigerians are supposed to be poor so that votes can be bought with 50 naira salt and 5kg rice.
the poverty in the north is artificial,so that the few educated elites would control the large uneducated masses.
Re: Okada Riders Protest In Benue As Ortom Hits Them With N5,500 Levy (Photos) by Freeko4: 12:03am On Oct 02, 2019
Dis is the problem with Nigerians, instead of dem to criticize the bad move by the governor, but jus as I foretold dey re here defending party affiliation..... If the needful is not done soonest Nigeria will neva be great.... Shalom
Re: Okada Riders Protest In Benue As Ortom Hits Them With N5,500 Levy (Photos) by BuhariAdvocate: 5:23am On Oct 02, 2019
I’m not doing anything for the money I just love my country.
engrchykae:
congratulations,you have been recommend for promotion.
you are doing your bmc job very well.
you and the mai suya manna bbq guy.
its not easy to do this kind of round the clock job.
anyway man must chop
Re: Okada Riders Protest In Benue As Ortom Hits Them With N5,500 Levy (Photos) by asanwafo: 6:48am On Oct 02, 2019
They must pay that money.No more Fulani herdsmen now. Elections are over.
Re: Okada Riders Protest In Benue As Ortom Hits Them With N5,500 Levy (Photos) by sulaak(m): 8:33am On Oct 02, 2019
Stan2330:
The worst is in abia state....the levy imposed by the governor on the traders, you will think he is not from abia state
Tufiakwa

How do you expect the State government to generate revenues?

Traders and Okada are generating profits, its the responsibility of the state government to tax their profit and incomes to provide social services. Nigerian want something for nothing
Re: Okada Riders Protest In Benue As Ortom Hits Them With N5,500 Levy (Photos) by sulaak(m): 8:34am On Oct 02, 2019
Freeko4:
Dis is the problem with Nigerians, instead of dem to criticize the bad move by the governor, but jus as I foretold dey re here defending party affiliation..... If the needful is not done soonest Nigeria will neva be great.... Shalom

It is not a bad move, taxing business is the correct move.
Re: Okada Riders Protest In Benue As Ortom Hits Them With N5,500 Levy (Photos) by Mummymahdi(f): 9:17am On Oct 02, 2019
in Gombe its even 3800 but they protest what's this govt doing in this kind of poverty extorting revenue all times from the poor?
Re: Okada Riders Protest In Benue As Ortom Hits Them With N5,500 Levy (Photos) by engrchykae(m): 11:12am On Oct 02, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
I’m not doing anything for the money I just love my country.
you sound like a sycophant,patriotic people act on behalf of the general good.
brutus said,i love julius caeser but i love Rome more.
the prophets of baal led king ahab to his doom.
Re: Okada Riders Protest In Benue As Ortom Hits Them With N5,500 Levy (Photos) by Stan2330(m): 12:53pm On Oct 02, 2019
sulaak:

How do you expect the State government to generate revenues?

Traders and Okada are generating profits, its the responsibility of the state government to tax their profit and incomes to provide social services. Nigerian want something for nothing

I don't have any problem with tax if it is put into use......... The tricyclist u tax everyday, there are no roads for them to do their business, no light for the marketers just nothing to show that the tax is put into good use....what are u trying to justify

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Leaders Pressure Justice Idris To Free Kalu In N7.65bn Fraud - Sahara Report / Fleeing Residents Shun Ogun Palliatives, Remain In Refugees’ Camp / UI Promotes Ekiti First Lady To Associate Professor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.