Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,227 members, 7,815,291 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Nigeria At 59: Good People! Great Nation! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria At 59: Good People! Great Nation! (270 Views)

Atiku Reacts To Great Nation Performance By Timi Dakolo And Others / Senator Abba Moro Adopts Two Kids, Celebrates Nigeria At 59 With Orphans (Photo / Google Celebrates Nigeria At 59 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria At 59: Good People! Great Nation! by bsmithconcepts1(m): 3:32pm On Oct 01, 2019
Today Nigeria is marking 59 years of independence. Many will not see reasons to celebrate; others will do so because it is compulsory they do so. As I thought about my country Nigeria, her slogan came into my mind. Good People, Great Nation! Is this just a cliché or is it true? Are we really good people; are we really a great nation? Well, looking at things on ground surrounding us we might answer in the negative.

The truth is Nigerians are good people, but we are not yet a great nation. This is because the good though the majority choose to do nothing about the bad. We have permitted a lot of bad things making them have a stronghold we feel powerless against. We see good people bowing to the bad system so they also can have their desires without a fight.

What good people failed to realise is that we are in a fight. A fight we did not initiate but is an on-going one that we cannot run from if we are to get what we desire. Many dreams of a great Nigeria but only a few fights for it. I am not saying we all must hold peaceful protest; there is something we all can do and that is taking a stand against evil and STAND.

For example, Every good parent can decide not to pay for special centre even if it means that their child will rewrite the exams; or not do “the needful (bribe)” so their child will be admitted into a tertiary institution though it will cost their children one more year at home.

I have discovered that standing for what is right will cost you dearly even your life; if you persist you prevail. A popular quote from the Bible “The violent taketh it by force” has been commonly misconstrued to validate violent activities in fighting evil. Yet, the violent there actually means forceful (compelling, persuasive, influential) a quality of persistent people who stand their ground and are not moved.

Nigeria fight against evil cannot be won by killing every bad, evil person we know. Else the world will be empty. I am not saying we are all evil but good people tend to act evil too. After all, a good person who does nothing when evil is being perpetrated has done evil already. When good people take a stand and do stand, even the “evil” people will consider their evil ways.

Nigeria needs so many things to become a great nation; God-fearing leaders is one of them and most importantly good people who will STAND for what is right no matter the cost even their own lives. Nigeria needs us to become such good people, our children need us to become such people, and we need us to become such people. We are GOOD PEOPLE and a GREAT NATION! That is who a Nigerian is.

Are you a Nigerian? Are you going to be a Nigerian?

#NigeriaAt59
#GodBlessNigeria
#GoodPeopleGreatNation
#IAmANigerian and #IBelieveInANewNigeria

(1) (Reply)

Anyone Who Thinks I Will Back Out Of Second Term Race Is Daydreaming: Obaseki / Reps To Create Education Bank For Student Loans / If You Have Seen Leaving Neverland, You Should See This As Well

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.