Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,935 members, 7,952,770 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:42 PM

11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria (45895 Views)

Kanu Nwankwo Wears Jersey Featuring All The Clubs He Played For / The Teams That Have Never Played At The AFCON / Nigerian Players Who Have Never Played For The National Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by IMASTEX: 12:59pm On Oct 02, 2019
Okay
Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by Soulsymbol99: 1:02pm On Oct 02, 2019
madenigga:
This kind footballer is very scary shocked

If this kind person is coming for the ball you would leave the ball and run

Maybe they meant Rugby grin
Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by ComeAndobo: 1:02pm On Oct 02, 2019
xcelentattitude:

Ikechi Anya

Ikechi Anya (born 3rd January 1988) is another player of Nigerian descent playing for his adoptive country, Scotland. He is a professional footballer who plays as a right-winger for Championship side, Watford.

Anya’s father is a Nigerian research scientist of the Igbo ethnic group and his mother a Romanian economist. They moved to Scotland in the late 1980s for his father to obtain his doctorate in Metallurgy.

Eligible to also represent Romania, Nigeria or England internationally, he chose to play for the country of his birth, Scotland.

See Also: Neymar Jnr And PSG Transfer – 20 Buzz Facts You Must Know

He received his first cap for the Scottish national team on 6th September 2013, coming off the bench in a 2-0 defeat to Belgium and scored his first international goal four days later in Scotland’s following match away to Macedonia.

Watford is not a championship side (though they will be fighting relegation this season) they are still a premiership side.

1 Like

Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by sharpwriter(m): 1:05pm On Oct 02, 2019
madenigga:

Hahaha... You no lie bro... It'll be like a gorilla coming to attack you... Lol cheesy
Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by madenigga(m): 1:07pm On Oct 02, 2019
Soulsymbol99:

Maybe they meant Rugby grin
It says football, the guy so many Rugby teams have been wooing him but he says he prefers football

1 Like

Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by Kapeter(m): 1:08pm On Oct 02, 2019
And op, why is dele alli not number 1?

1 Like

Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by jy2kbeyond(m): 1:10pm On Oct 02, 2019
They can all make up the squad. Apart from Ross Barkley, I don't see any of them as a starter in the super Eagles.
angry angry angry angry angry
Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by Truthbites: 1:19pm On Oct 02, 2019
Who 9ja elp?
Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by donkossy(m): 1:20pm On Oct 02, 2019
mansakhalifa:

I remember the first time I saw that Adebayo Akinfewa during an FA Cup match between his club and an EPL side. I remember I kept on wondering how this guy managed to snub rugby, which he's perfectly built for, for association football...

Dude's a beast. And his size gives him the edge over the other guys on the pitch. That guy can easily hold off 3 men without any stress. I remember one of his teammates saying you would need more than two defenders to stop him. I heard his pro career actually launched off in the Lithuanian league before he returned to join the English lower leagues fully. He got a goal for Wycombe over the weekend.

And OP, Akinfewa is now 37 not 32 years... I guess this is an old article.
does he still play active football, if yes, which club currently please.. I need to buy him to my master league
Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by AgentNairaland(f): 1:25pm On Oct 02, 2019
Add SAKA That Boy Playing For ARSENAL
Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by francisisking: 1:50pm On Oct 02, 2019
madenigga:

Japa.... awon eyan may weather.
Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by RTSC2: 1:55pm On Oct 02, 2019
Look at the sad case of aogo.
Germany capped him and used him a few times and he has never been selected again.
Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by Seyilome(m): 1:56pm On Oct 02, 2019
boss1310:
I thought there is Yoruba tribe in Togo or something hence the name of Adebayo,is he Nigerian too
on the topic I think there is nothing wrong in representing the country of your birth or where your family and friends are but 90% of those guys that represented their adoptive country didnt have a long national team career
The guy is from Ejigbo Osun state, his late father and his mother are both from Ejigbo,I know his mother well,we both attend same church when ever I go Lome.I am also from Ejigbo Osun state
Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by adenigga(m): 2:16pm On Oct 02, 2019
boss1310:
I thought there is Yoruba tribe in Togo or something hence the name of Adebayo,is he Nigerian too
on the topic I think there is nothing wrong in representing the country of your birth or where your family and friends are but 90% of those guys that represented their adoptive country didnt have a long national team career

I spotted that adebayo's name too! Yoruba ethnic group are in Togo & Benin Republic, His name shouldn't have been included.
As for those dat play for their adopted country having shorter national career, if their talent is exceptional, they can't ignore them.for example Dele Alli.
Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by Nmezor(f): 2:22pm On Oct 02, 2019
Hmmmmm
Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by Jaqenhghar: 2:25pm On Oct 02, 2019
So because his grandfather was Niggerian he has automatically become one. Very soon una go begin screen people DNA even where there is a 1%match ina go force them to be Niggerians. Monkeys
Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by xcelentattitude(m): 3:09pm On Oct 02, 2019
I made FP grin grin grin grin grin ;

I have always known greatness is in me grin grin

I dedicate this feat to my wife-to-be and my children.

Daddy is a great man grin
Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by xcelentattitude(m): 3:10pm On Oct 02, 2019
AgentNairaland:
Add SAKA That Boy Playing For ARSENAL

Lol... I hope it's not xhaka you're talking about grin
Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by Kenturkey048(m): 3:17pm On Oct 02, 2019
boss1310:
yea he is...Adebayo was dropped by Samson siasia from the Nigerian 2005 under 21 squad..
Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by Kenturkey048(m): 3:19pm On Oct 02, 2019
Jaqenhghar:
So because his grandfather was Niggerian he has automatically become one. Very soon una go begin screen people DNA even where there is a 1%match ina go force them to be Niggerians. Monkeys
that guy na Nigerian....his surname na EFANGHA...na him mama name Bakerly im dey bear because him mum and dad divorce....
Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by ecclize: 3:29pm On Oct 02, 2019
op u fail to include the tormentor of coutoise in the UEFA champions leagues yester night Emmaniel Dennise Bonaventure
Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by boss1310(m): 3:50pm On Oct 02, 2019
Seyilome:

The guy is from Ejigbo Osun state, his late father and his mother are both from Ejigbo,I know his mother well,we both attend same church when ever I go Lome.I am also from Ejigbo Osun state
satisfied with your answer
Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by Kelvin30286063(m): 3:55pm On Oct 02, 2019
You forgot David Alaba
Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by AgentNairaland(f): 4:02pm On Oct 02, 2019
xcelentattitude:

Lol... I hope it's not xhaka you're talking about grin

This is his pictures below, he's a Nigerian

1 Like

Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by Jaqenhghar: 4:11pm On Oct 02, 2019
cry
Kenturkey048:
that guy na Nigerian....his surname na EFANGHA...na him mama name Bakerly im dey bear because him mum and dad divorce....
Go carry am force am to be Naija now. Shey d thing na by force
Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by KingOfAmebo(m): 4:19pm On Oct 02, 2019
Tina26:
that you have nigerian parents doesnt make you a nigerian. some have no passports. Let them represent the country of their birth. nigeria has never helped them in any ways . there are many of them in the lower leagues in england some use their mother maiden names.

Hal Robson-Kanu
Jonathan Obika

Nairaland olodo... After you go talk sey you go school.

Do you know what the words "descendant" and " lineage" means? You cannot erase that, switching allegiance to another country doesn't mean you can cancel your bloodline.

Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by tunary(m): 4:45pm On Oct 02, 2019
madenigga:

LOL them no dey tell person, unless the person wan injure himself
Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by tunary(m): 4:46pm On Oct 02, 2019
Freemanbobble:
Nonsense All these na players?
I be think say you want talk say Lionel Messi na from Nigeria
Una too like better thing
Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by ikechukwu72(m): 5:37pm On Oct 02, 2019
mansakhalifa:

I remember the first time I saw that Adebayo Akinfewa during an FA Cup match between his club and an EPL side. I remember I kept on wondering how this guy managed to snub rugby, which he's perfectly built for, for association football...

Dude's a beast. And his size gives him the edge over the other guys on the pitch. That guy can easily hold off 3 men without any stress. I remember one of his teammates saying you would need more than two defenders to stop him. I heard his pro career actually launched off in the Lithuanian league before he returned to join the English lower leagues fully. He got a goal for Wycombe over the weekend.

And OP, Akinfewa is now 37 not 32 years... I guess this is an old article.
that was against spurs
Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by TolueneDc(m): 5:42pm On Oct 02, 2019
KingAzubuike:
Ross Barkley bawo ?
Yes,he his heavy linked as a Nigerian
Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by Kenturkey048(m): 5:54pm On Oct 02, 2019
Jaqenhghar:
cry
Go carry am force am to be Naija now. Shey d thing na by force
chairman no vex abeg...sorry say I quote you....bye bye...

1 Like

Re: 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria by bluefilm: 5:57pm On Oct 02, 2019
Oga if you like post the picture of Osama and claim that he could have played for Naija because his great grand father is from Akwa Ibom, it still won't make the newest hottest striker in London right now in the person of Tammy Abrahams to agree to play for Naija.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Victor Osimhen Bags Hat-Trick, 2 Assists In Napoli Debut / Victor Moses Suffered The Murder Of His Parents At 11 / Peter Odemwingie Signs For Madura United FC, Indonesian Club, Looks Disappointed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.