Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:55 PM

The Independence Day Dinner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Independence Day Dinner (747 Views)

Buhari And Yemi Osinbajo In A Jolly Mood At The Independence Celebration Abuja / Aisha Buhari Rocks N1.5million Oscar De Larenta Dress For Democracy Day Dinner / Lai Mohammed Sleeping At An Exhibition Ahead Of The 58th Independence Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Independence Day Dinner by IME1: 11:23pm On Oct 01, 2019
Please who watched the live broadcast of the Independence Day Dinner held in Abuja by the Buhari led government?

There was a man who gave a long speech, I picked a little bit of what he was saying, he mentioned Genevive and something about wearing Nigerian made prints, and how Singapore without a single oil has more functional refineries than Nigeria, and how he looks forward to Dangote's refinery kick starting. undecided

OK then Otunba Adebayo came for vote of thanks and my mind went to Ureje where the bridge collapsed and I was like... oh my God help us. Then he made some dry non-funny comments about addressing himself as president and vice president and now being reduced back to the unfortunate mere minister that he is. ..

And yes again I couldn't help but remember the millions of times I passed that very Ureje bridge and knowing that it could have been anyone cry

Then the highlight abi highpoint was when VP Osinbajo came to speak.
His mic failed then all he talked about was the casual social laid back mundane inconsequential aspects of Nigeria shocked angry from
Our first bobsleigh team (good)

Anthony Joshua (good) but he didn't mention his defeat instead it was about Aj becoming a model

Then about how our super eagles won best jersey at the last world cup (who dem epp? They were sold for $90 each! who did it benefit if not a foreign company called Nike and it's on line store affiliates! Amazon Ali express and co) and PS we didn't pass the group stage

Then he talked about swag, agbada, gbe body, Dino Melaye, Obj, Dangote and Teni and other things!

Nothing about
Infrastructure
Insecurity
Xenophobia
Economy
Corruption
Impunity against court orders
In house party politics crisis

Nothing about-
Electric cars
Buy Nigeria to grow Nigeria
Our technological feats
Academic feats
Research feats
Cultural values
Monuments and landmarks
Heritage and cuisines
Indigenous health care practices
Air Peace man bringing stranded Citizens
End SARS
Our hero's passed
Victims of herdsmen, militants, bandits and kidnappers,
No minutes silence for those killed from fallen system failures in health, armed forces, transports Ecton and rituals.

cry

But he talked about BAAD2017 and YEMI&DOLLY1989
I was waiting to hear Burna Boy on Trevor Noah's show and Tacha in BBN so I'd know we don't go kpatakpata

Truly who did we offend?
Did you watch China's own National day today on CNN?
If not don't come here and defend hogwash, mediocrity and retrogression oh... I don't have light

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Independence Day Dinner by Businext: 11:27pm On Oct 01, 2019
Funny you

Let's leave our starboy alone oh cheesy cheesy
He even talked about shakiti bobo! Who send me watch NTA today

#NigeriaGoodPeopleGreatNation
Re: The Independence Day Dinner by Businext: 11:30pm On Oct 01, 2019
Lala come oh
Re: The Independence Day Dinner by justtoodark: 11:30pm On Oct 01, 2019
IME1:
Please who watched the live broadcast of the Independence Day Dinner held in Abuja by the Buhari led government?

There was a man who gave a long speech, I picked a little bit of what he was saying, he mentioned Genevive and something about wearing Nigerian made prints, and how Singapore without a single oil has more functional refineries than Nigeria, and how he looks forward to Dangote's refinery kick starting. undecided

OK then Otunba Adebayo came for vote of thanks and my mind went to Ureje where the bridge collapsed and I was like... oh my God help us. Then he made some dry non-funny comments about addressing himself as president and vice president and now being reduced back to the unfortunate mere minister that he is. ..

And yes again I couldn't help but remember the millions of times I passed that very Ureje bridge and knowing that it could have been anyone cry

Then the highlight abi highpoint was when VP Osinbajo came to speak.
His mic failed then all he talked about was the casual social laid back mundane inconsequential aspects of Nigeria shocked angry from
Our first bobsleigh team (good)

Anthony Joshua (good) but he didn't mention his defeat instead it was about Aj becoming a model

Then about how our super eagles won best jersey at the last world cup (who dem epp? They were sold for $90 each! who did it benefit if not a foreign company called Nike and it's on line store affiliates! Amazon Ali express and co) and PS we didn't pass the group stage

Then he talked about swag, agbada, gbe body, Dino Melaye, Obj, Dangote and Teni and other things!

Nothing about
Infrastructure
Insecurity
Xenophobia
Economy
Corruption

Nothing about-
Electric cars
Our technological feats
Academic feats
Research feats
Cultural values
Monuments and landmarks
Heritage and cuisines
End SARS
Our hero's passed
No minutes silence for those killed from fallen system failures in health, armed forces, transports Ecton and rituals.

cry

But he talked about BAAD2017 and YEMI&DOLLY1989
I was waiting to hear Burna Boy on Trevor Noah's show and Tacha in BBN so I'd know we don't go kpatakpata

Truly who did we offend?
Did you watch China's own National day today on CNN?
If not don't come here and defend hogwash, mediocrity and retrogression oh... I don't have light

stfu....
Re: The Independence Day Dinner by OC831: 6:21am On Oct 02, 2019
I heard the Vice President stole the event with his hilarious jokes! Read some of them and I was laughing my heart out, imagine how lively a president he’ll be. Another Barrack Obama!
Re: The Independence Day Dinner by Oladelesp: 7:11am On Oct 02, 2019
Osinbajo addresses the follwoing:
Infrastructure
Insecurity
Xenophobia
Economy
Corruption

Nothing about-
Electric cars
Our technological feats
Academic feats
Research feats
Cultural values
Monuments and landmarks
Heritage and cuisines
End SARS
Our hero's passed

all the time in words and in his action but we abuse, insult and call him names and we never see that the man is God sent (don't get it wrong no man was ever perfect) but that ma OSINBAJO is working tiredlessly. God bless Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

2 Face & His Team Paid A Solidarity Visit To Bayelsa PDP Governorship Aspirant. / The Problem In The North / Photos :Sowore Released From DSS Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.