Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. (2496 Views)

No Igbo Man Can Win Presidency In 2023: Orji Kalu Writes Off Peter Obi / Edwin Clark: No Igbo-Speaking Person From Delta, Rivers Should Contest / There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Lastorator: 8:55am On Oct 02, 2019
IamAtikulate:

Igbo group in AKS is an extension of Igboland.

Guy thats not what the guy said... Go up there and read it again, he said that Akwa ibom means an extension of igbo...

Success1020:

Ibibio means branch of Igbo. Learn more about Aro people, Igbo and Ibibio history. You cannot differentiate between Ibibio and Igbo, they both look alike...one people, one blood. Igbos and Ibibio look nothing like Yorubas or Hausa-Fulani. Afonja, leave us alone!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aro_people

Fulani people feel that everywhere they see grass is their land, and igbo people here feel that Akwa Ibom state exist, solely as an extension of Igbo land...

So when ever they want to take over, akwa ibonites will vacate for them to take over their extension, same way fulani herdsmen are marauding trying to grab the green lands..

I dont know what to fear the most, the herds men, or our suposed landlords that we are ibhabiting their extension
Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Lastorator: 8:56am On Oct 02, 2019
manmen:

Ewedu soup
Will cure that your Igbo mother battling with stroke

This guy dey vex, and naira lane now changes Igbo to igbo... Very funny... Lols
Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Donald95(m): 8:57am On Oct 02, 2019
Lastorator:

You guys are busy driving up anti igbo sentimejts, making issues out of no issues.
The first thread said, igbo was a majir language in Akwa ibom, i created a thread to show that that was totally bull crap, as no part of akwa ibom speaks igbo as their indigenous language... Then y all came up with your desperations..

I am Igbo And I am very sure no part speaks Igbo as Indigenous language. It's just that we Ndị Igbo goes with our language, we may learn our host community language ọ but we will still hold unto our Igbo language, speaking it in our everyday business making it look as an Indigenous language
Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Donald95(m): 9:05am On Oct 02, 2019
Lastorator:

Sorry bhroo, i have amazing friends that are igbo, they will just feel ashamed of threads like these... Funny enough people that are from Abia state know better than most people making noise here... Any igbo man that has been to akwa ibom state and stayed... Knows that we are different people...we just need to respect each other for our differences... Uts thibgs like these that make us imagine what that will become or us should we join biafra.. You guys will just overun us... Take over our land and then enforce your cultures and traditions on us to erase ours and nake us an igbo extension... Its what that akwa ibom people fear rhe most about the idea of biafra

Nothing like that will happen in Biafra. If it will be so, by now you must have been hearing small small land grabbing issues and killing of original inhabitants as Fulani are doing. But you can't hear such because we are not like that. Ndị Igbo buy lands and settle in it.

Come to think of it, Biafra war was caused by a South Southerner and SE where the victims more
Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by IamAtikulate: 9:06am On Oct 02, 2019
Lastorator:

Guy thats not what the guy said... Go up there and read it again, he said that Akwa ibom means an extension of igbo...

Fulani people feel that everywhere they see grass is their land, and igbo people here feel that Akwa Ibom state exist, solely as an extension of Igbo land...

So when ever they want to take over, akwa ibonites will vacate for them to take over their extension, same way fulani herdsmen are marauding trying to grab the green lands..

I dont know what to fear the most, the herds men, or our suposed landlords that we are ibhabiting their extension
Just look at what you are making up just to drive hate against Ndi Igbo.

There are minority Igbos in AKS how does that equate to taking over AKS.

What the guy said about Ibibio us partly correctly.

My ancestors are Ibibio and we are a very popular community in Abia.

People see us as Igbos, we see ourselves as Igbos and we are Igbos but our two ancestors are from Ibibio and he settled in our present land close to AKS.

Our practices, culture and language is similar to Ibibios. But we are Igbos

And if we are to fight, we will fight on the side of Igbos because we are Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Binikingdowm: 9:15am On Oct 02, 2019
Igbo vs Hausa

Igbo vs Fulani

Igbo vs Yoruba

Igbo vs Benin

Igbo vs ijaw

Igbo vs urhobo

Igbo vs esan

Igbo vs itskeri

Igbo vs ikwerre

Igbo vs anioma

And now Igbo vs Ibibio.

Something is seriously wrong with this tribe.

2 Likes

Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by joshuanwankwo(m): 9:15am On Oct 02, 2019
akwaibom is an extension of igbo just like edo is an extension of yoruba or benue an extension of igbos or even kanuris as extension of hausas
that doesn't mean we speak same language but we have same ties mixed blood same history and its just creation of state that divided us
even edo seem yoruba to we igbos but they dont speak yoruba as indigenous language same as aks and benue to a yoruba look like igbo
bottomline all dis argument wont help us the more we divide the more they cheat us
ibibio n igbos re one even though we speak different languages

2 Likes

Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Donald95(m): 9:18am On Oct 02, 2019
Binikingdowm:
Igbo vs Hausa

Igbo vs Fulani

Igbo vs Yoruba

Igbo vs Benin

Igbo vs ijaw

Igbo vs urhobo

Igbo vs esan

Igbo vs itskeri

Igbo vs ikwerre

Igbo vs anioma

And now Igbo vs Ibibio.

No, something is seriously wrong with you.

All those people you listed above having prob with Igbo, do you have facts to back up your claim?
Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Donald95(m): 9:22am On Oct 02, 2019
joshuanwankwo:
akwaibom is an extension of igbo just like edo is an extension of yoruba or benue an extension of igbos or even kanuris as extension of hausas
that doesn't mean we speak same language but we have same ties mixed blood same history and its just creation of state that divided us
even edo seem yoruba to we igbos but they dont speak yoruba as indigenous language same as aks and benue to a yoruba look like igbo
bottomline all dis argument wont help us the more we divide the more they cheat us
ibibio n igbos re one even though we speak different languages

Good. But if they don't want to co-operate with us, or Have same Ideology like us, or political views with us, Please let We Ndị Igbo let them be let's stop begging others to join us so that no one will ever say that they were forced into something that they never wanted.
Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by joshuanwankwo(m): 9:39am On Oct 02, 2019
Donald95:

Good. But if they don't want to co-operate with us, or Have same Ideology like us, or political views with us, Please let We Ndị Igbo let them be let's stop begging others to join us so that no one will ever say that they were forced into something that they never wanted.

dont mind dem they dont know their real enemies they think we hate dem i just wish their eyes could open as 4 d forcing i think we should let dem be but it affects us its just like sw letting kwara be it affects dem
but serious m ngwa living in uyo and the two tribes excepting language has nothing else dividing dem just politics

1 Like

Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by powerhouse3(m): 9:40am On Oct 02, 2019
When I first stumble on the thread linking akwaibom with igbo, I said to myself, this is Shakespeare comedy of errors.

Where can the igbo really claim minority from this annang tribe.....

Closes to igbo..... Odoro ikot. Ikot ineme. Imma etoi. Afagha. A tad... All this in essien udim... Closely to arrochuku... Where in this aforementioned place can the igbo claim minority.

Nor ndito uneghe ked.. Mmo eyem iba

1 Like

Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Brugo(m): 9:42am On Oct 02, 2019
Binikingdowm:
Igbo vs Hausa

Igbo vs Fulani

Igbo vs Yoruba

Igbo vs Benin

Igbo vs ijaw

Igbo vs urhobo

Igbo vs esan

Igbo vs itskeri

Igbo vs ikwerre

Igbo vs anioma

And now Igbo vs Ibibio.

grin cheesy

Are you just finding out?

People who have lost their heritage and have now decided to appropriate the ancestry of the Jews of Israel. Shey those ones know what is doing them ni?

You can see how OP has labelled all contrary views as animosity. He embodies the close minded primitive clannishness of his ethnic group.

Awon deveropers. grin You want to deverop and seize the lands of the Ibibio. grin

1 Like

Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Kpoikpoi: 9:45am On Oct 02, 2019
Success1020:
All I can say is the OP of that thread Lastorator is an Afonja. Why are you people pained more than SS when Igbos are mentioned in SS? Go and unite with your brothers in Benin Republic and Togo...they look just like you and speak your language. Stop going all the way to Umuahia and Ikot Ekpene to look for brothers and sisters you never had...haba! Afonjas...leave us alone! Your days of dividing us are over! Natural wicked things!

https://www.nairaland.com/5447695/there-no-igbo-speaking-tribes
Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Kpoikpoi: 9:46am On Oct 02, 2019
Why are you guys so desperate?
What has Akwa Ibom got to do with Igbo?
I think you guys are starting to go insane.

1 Like

Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by powerhouse3(m): 9:55am On Oct 02, 2019
Now I'm. Truthfully cool with the igbo as my neighbor nay brother... But there great mixup we akwa ibom must always correct..

They are a lot of thing we akwaibom are not being given credit for.... The aba riot for instance comprised 60 percent akwaibom ibom women. But who got the credit?

Who owns NSIBIDI?.... coming from a royal family, nsibidi happen to come directly from the epke masquerade... But owner or originality is partially changing hand base on what I see on the Internet.... All this Is we losing part of thing that makes us akwa ibom....... Nyak abasi odiong afed owo........
Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by LadyExcellency: 10:03am On Oct 02, 2019
Donald95:
Calm down. If there are no Igbo in Akwq Cross, then there no Igbo. Let's stop forcing things that don't exist into existence. Am from Abia, and 40 percent of people living here is from Akwa Cross infact the Aba women riot was in collaboration of Akwa Cross and Ngwa People. But that doesn't mean that we included Ibibio Language as one of our languages in Abia State. They are just migrants that came and fused into our society due to business.

Thank you. Abu m nwa afo Ngwa nọ na Aba n'ime Abịa Steeti nke Naijiria

Ndi Abala Nkamiri, Owo-elu, Ndiakata are same with people of Ikorokorieta and their Ibibio brethrens.

Do you remember the war and land dispute between the Ibibio and Ngwas along Nigerian Christian Hospital going towards Ikot-Ekpene were fought by merchineries and these neighbours were still buying from the same market?
Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Donald95(m): 10:11am On Oct 02, 2019
LadyExcellency:

Ndi Abala Nkamiri, Owo-elu, Ndiakata are same with people of Ikorokorieta and their Ibibio brethrens.

Do you remember the war and land dispute between the Ibibio and Ngwas along Nigerian Christian Hospital going towards Ikot-Ekpene were fought by merchineries and these neighbours were still buying from the same market?

My dear, nothing like land dispute. It's just that our foolish Governor (T.A Orji) had problem with Akpabio because our Governor refused to collaborate with Akwa Ibom governor to construct the road
Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Donald95(m): 10:21am On Oct 02, 2019
powerhouse3:
Now I'm. Truthfully cool with the igbo as my neighbor nay brother... But there great mixup we akwa ibom must always correct..

They are a lot of thing we akwaibom are not being given credit for.... The aba riot for instance comprised 60 percent akwaibom ibom women. But who got the credit?

Who owns NSIBIDI?.... coming from a royal family, nsibidi happen to come directly from the epke masquerade... But owner or originality is partially changing hand base on what I see on the Internet.... All this Is we losing part of thing that makes us akwa ibom....... Nyak abasi odiong afed owo........

My brother, Aba women Riot comprised of women from Ogoni, Bonny, Igbo, Opobo, Andoni and Ibibio. Then we were unified and that is why we were very strong and unchallenged.

Mary Slassor (pardon for wrong spelling) is still praised for stopping killing of Twins in Igbo Land.

Ohafia people has a masquerade traditional dance they call Ekpe. I don't really know the origin Sha but what I want to tell you is that Cultural Contact exist and importing and exporting culture will keep on existing.

You people are loosing parts of the thing that made u Akwa Cross because you people prefer Speaking English or Pidgin English both at home and away. It's not our fault that we speak Igbo anywhere we enter

1 Like

Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by LadyExcellency: 10:22am On Oct 02, 2019
Donald95:

My dear, nothing like land dispute. It's just that our foolish Governor (T.A Orji) had problem with Akpabio because our Governor refused to collaborate with Akwa Ibom governor to construct the road

I am talking of land dispute and bloodshed that lasted more than 30 years that ended in 1989/1990
Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Donald95(m): 10:27am On Oct 02, 2019
LadyExcellency:

I am talking of land dispute and bloodshed that lasted more than 30 years that ended in 1989/1990

Okay, I don't know about that one. Give me a reference site let me read it up
Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Omenkata: 10:43am On Oct 02, 2019
[s]
Brugo:

grin cheesy

People who have lost their heritage and have now decided to appropriate the ancestry of the Jews of Israel. Shey those ones know what is doing them ni?

You can see how OP has labelled all contrary views as animosity. He embodies the close minded primitive clannishness of his ethnic group.

Awon deveropers. grin You want to deverop and seize the lands of the Ibibio. grin
[/s]
Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by kettykin: 10:48am On Oct 02, 2019
Donald95:
Calm down. If there are no Igbo in Akwq Cross, then there no Igbo. Let's stop forcing things that don't exist into existence. Am from Abia, and 40 percent of people living here is from Akwa Cross infact the Aba women riot was in collaboration of Akwa Cross and Ngwa People. But that doesn't mean that we included Ibibio Language as one of our languages in Abia State. They are just migrants that came and fused into our society due to business.

Thank you. Abu m nwa afo Ngwa nọ na Aba n'ime Abịa Steeti nke Naijiria

if you have been to Itumbuzo some where in Bende LGA , you will know that Some Abia people are ibibios . also the route between Ikwuano and Ikot Ekpene after Ariam Market, we have a mixture of igbo and Anang , there are Akwa Ibomites who speak crystal clear igbo. i once interrogate them and the explained to me that their forefathers had no difference between the 2 groups , it was the coming of colonialism and state creation that split up them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aro_History

1 Like

Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by ConqueredWest: 10:56am On Oct 02, 2019
kettykin:

if you have been to Itumbuzo some where in Bende LGA , you will know that Some Abia people are ibibios . also the route between Ikwuano and Ikot Ekpene after Ariam Market, we have a mixture of igbo and Anang , there are Akwa Ibomites who speak crystal clear igbo. i once interrogate them and the explained to me that their forefathers had no difference between the 2 groups , it was the coming of colonialism and state creation that split up them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aro_History

You sabi history.

Ariam market very popular market along Umuahia Ikot Ekpene way.

The truth is that, many Abians have Ibibio ancestry and still reflects in their physical appearance.
Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by powerhouse3(m): 11:09am On Oct 02, 2019
Donald95:

My brother, Aba women Riot comprised of women from Ogoni, Bonny, Igbo, Opobo, Andoni and Ibibio. Then we were unified and that is why we were very strong and unchallenged.

Mary Slassor (pardon for wrong spelling) is still praised for stopping killing of Twins in Igbo Land.

Ohafia people has a masquerade traditional dance they call Ekpe. I don't really know the origin Sha but what I want to tell you is that Cultural Contact exist and importing and exporting culture will keep on existing.

You people are loosing parts of the thing that made u Akwa Cross because you people prefer Speaking English or Pidgin English both at home and away. It's not our fault that we speak Igbo anywhere we enter
akwa ibom prefer pigin or English to their mother tongue is laughable..
Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Donald95(m): 12:23pm On Oct 02, 2019
powerhouse3:
akwa ibom prefer pigin or English to their mother tongue is laughable..

Yes. Trust me. Most of them form American whenever they find themselves out of there region but Igbo man will speak his language proudly wherever he goes
Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 7:06pm On Oct 02, 2019
powerhouse3:
When I first stumble on the thread linking akwaibom with igbo, I said to myself, this is Shakespeare comedy of errors.

Where can the igbo really claim minority from this annang tribe.....

Closes to igbo..... Odoro ikot. Ikot ineme. Imma etoi. Afagha. A tad... All this in essien udim... Closely to arrochuku... Where in this aforementioned place can the igbo claim minority.

Nor ndito uneghe ked.. Mmo eyem iba

Eyen eka mmi, mkpo nditor uneghe ami ado se eneke ikamma eyin ese ndin oo...

Ndito ami etonghor ndi tiada ikaka..

I was watching, from far, i had to descend into the scene and take the fight to them
Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 02, 2019
Success1020:
All I can say is the OP of that thread Lastorator is an Afonja. Why are you people pained more than SS when Igbos are mentioned in SS? Go and unite with your brothers in Benin Republic and Togo...they look just like you and speak your language. Stop going all the way to Umuahia and Ikot Ekpene to look for brothers and sisters you never had...haba! Afonjas...leave us alone! Your days of dividing us are over! Natural wicked things!

https://www.nairaland.com/5447695/there-no-igbo-speaking-tribes

Cc cletus77
Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 7:08pm On Oct 02, 2019
Brugo:

grin cheesy

Which land ? Dem neva born dem well..
Na because say awa people dey too keep quiet when igbo people claim awa things, na im bring this insult come..

That shit go stop now, for nairaland like this i go keep watch..

1 Like

Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 7:12pm On Oct 02, 2019
powerhouse3:

Powerhouse, mme kom ooo.
The more we akwa ibomites see them as brothers and let our rights slide,the more they willcome to take on more..

How on earth do this people claim that Ika is an indegenous igbo local government area ? Them get mind draw map, put igbo language as the main language of Ika and Essien Udim side...
Its up to us to protect what is ours, the more we let it slide the more they come for more

1 Like

Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 7:17pm On Oct 02, 2019
LadyExcellency:

So even you sef wan come dey drag say igbo are indegenous in Akwa ibom bah ? Mbok where exactly ? Is it etim ekpo, esien udim, ika, ikot ekpene ?
Why una wan grab awa land ? Igbos have all 5 states to themselves and rhe small akwa abasi ibom state we have, igbos are now laying indegenous claims to it... One igbo guy went as far as to say that Akwa ibom means "Igbo Extension" ... Why una dey like this na...

1 Like

Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 7:20pm On Oct 02, 2019
Donald95:

Guy i swear down you sabi... God's will akpabio tell orji make im carry berger make them come work the akwa ibom abia road, say federal govt go pay, but Orji no gree... Na the sam wahala Godswill get with Imoke, him tell Imoke make him sign make Akwa ibom do the calabar itu road say federal govt go reimburse us, but imoke no gree no both calabar itu and Aba- ikot ekpene roads na death traps... You really dey on board

1 Like

Re: RE: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 7:24pm On Oct 02, 2019
Donald95:

The origin of Ekpe is from calabar, Ekpe means lion. Its the mascot of the efik culture, it is exported to akwa ibom state and aba...
The masquarade that is indigenous to akwa ibom that is like the ekpe is called ekpo in our side.

So ekpe belongs to the calabar and Nsibidi is their way of communicating...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Regret? One Huge Mistake That Finished Emeka Ihedioha As Imo Governor / Uyo:the Budding Home Of Real Estate Business In Nigeria / An Open Letter To President Muhammadu Buhari By The Alaafin Of Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.