Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,544 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

I Have A Question And Request For BRILLIANT Teachers, Graduates And Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Have A Question And Request For BRILLIANT Teachers, Graduates And Students (421 Views)

Opportunity For Educational Consultants/ Teachers / Graduates / Letter Of Introduction And Request For Information (questionnaire) / Where Are Our First-class Graduates And Professors? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have A Question And Request For BRILLIANT Teachers, Graduates And Students by Galaxyroyp(m): 7:18am On Oct 02, 2019
Hello guys,

QUESTION
I discovered that something contributes to low performances experienced in school and standardized exams, and that is the inability of students to grasp the meaning of essay question words fired off in exams.

Therefore, I need someone to clearly explain, in simple English, not copy and paste from the internet, the meaning of the following essay question commands:
1. State
2. Discuss
3. Explain
4. Mention
5. Identify
6. Assess
7. Describe
8. Highlight
9. Outline
10. Differentiate
11. Distinguish
12. Enumerate
13. Compare ... with ...
14. Examine
15. List and explain (should such be first listed and then, discussed OR must be listed and explain separately?)
16. Critically examine
17. Name and characterize
18. Give a reasoned assessment

REQUEST
I need someone to suggest good chemistry, physics, biology, and mathematics textbook series that will be great for a student that's willing to start from scratch. I'm talking about textbooks for the secondary school level. Thanks.

Thank you, guys.

I know this may seem too much. But you can kindly answer those that you're truly sure of.

Thank you guys in advance.
Re: I Have A Question And Request For BRILLIANT Teachers, Graduates And Students by Cormung: 2:10am On Oct 04, 2019
That's why I hate essay writing lol. Sadly, I can't really help because I myself get used to order custom essay as far as I myself am pretty bad at essay writing. It was a huge problem for me and I tried really hard to improve my writing skills but at some point decided that it will be easier to just give up.
Re: I Have A Question And Request For BRILLIANT Teachers, Graduates And Students by Galaxyroyp(m): 5:50am On Oct 04, 2019
Cormung:
That's why I hate essay writing lol. Sadly, I can't really help because I myself get used to order custom essay as far as I myself am pretty bad at essay writing. It was a huge problem for me and I tried really hard to improve my writing skills but at some point decided that it will be easier to just give up.

I understand sir/ma.

Maybe input from other members will be useful.

And here, I'm referring to exam questions like:

a) List and explain so and so.
b) discuss the levels of xxxx in the environment.

And more like this...

P.S. This type of questions are also referred to as 'Theory questions' and 'Written exam'

Thank you.
Re: I Have A Question And Request For BRILLIANT Teachers, Graduates And Students by projecttopics2: 9:09am On Oct 04, 2019
Brilliant one
Re: I Have A Question And Request For BRILLIANT Teachers, Graduates And Students by Domistar5(f): 7:50pm On Oct 04, 2019
Galaxyroyp:
Hello guys,

QUESTION
I discovered that something contributes to low performances experienced in school and standardized exams, and that is the inability of students to grasp the meaning of essay question words fired off in exams.

Therefore, I need someone to clearly explain, in simple English, not copy and paste from the internet, the meaning of the following essay question commands:
1. State
2. Discuss
3. Explain
4. Mention
5. Identify
6. Assess
7. Describe
8. Highlight
9. Outline
10. Differentiate
11. Distinguish
12. Enumerate
13. Compare ... with ...
14. Examine
15. List and explain (should such be first listed and then, discussed OR must be listed and explain separately?)
16. Critically examine

REQUEST
I need someone to suggest good chemistry, physics, biology, and mathematics textbook series that will be great for a student that's willing to start from scratch. I'm talking about textbooks for the secondary school level. Thanks.

Thank you, guys.

I know this may seem too much. But you can kindly answer those that you're truly sure of.

For the textbooks, go for new school publishers.
New school physics and so on
Re: I Have A Question And Request For BRILLIANT Teachers, Graduates And Students by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 04, 2019
Galaxyroyp:
Hello guys,

QUESTION

1. State
2. Discuss
3. Explain
4. Mention
5. Identify
6. Assess
7. Describe
8. Highlight
9. Outline
10. Differentiate
11. Distinguish
12. Enumerate
13. Compare ... with ...
14. Examine
16. Critically examine

REQUEST

Thank you, guys.

who has time for such a tedious exercise....besides one of these words could be used randomly by an instructor to set questions.
So I'd advice u to study and understand the way ur teachers set their questions individually...
And once again....who has the time for this pointless request.

(1) (Reply)

Join Our English Whatsapp Forum / UPDATED 2019 TOEFL AVAILABLE DATES IN NIGERIA / CISCO Training Courses In Delhi - Ngnetworks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.