Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat (10941 Views)

Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm / Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot / See How Ladies Welcomed Atletico Madrid Players After Landing In Uyo. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat by opportunes: 9:53am On Oct 02, 2019
Tottenham Hotspur coach, Mauricio Pochettino’s message was to ‘stay calm’ after Bayern Munich racked up a clinical 7-2 win in the Champions League on Tuesday night. “We started well, created chances and took a deserved lead on 12 minutes through Heung-Min Son. However, Joshua Kimmich levelled soon after and the visitors forged ahead via Robert Lewandowski just before half-time.

“2-1 became 4-1 within 10 minutes of the second half as Serge Gnabry struck twice in three minutes. Harry Kane gave us hope from the penalty spot for 4-2 just after the hour and it stayed that way until three goals in the final seven minutes – Gnabry hitting his third and fourth, Lewandowski his second. Every strike clinical, Pochettino lamented.

“To stay calm is most important, to stay together,” said Pochettino. “The right assessment is so important, not to take rash decisions and make a rash assessment. It’s so important to stay calm.” He argued that his team actually started well, stressing that after 30 minutes, no-one expected the final scoreline to be so embarrassing. Pochettino added that Bayern were very clinical in front of goal, maintaining that every time they arrived, they scored.

“The feeling is so bad, but we need to stay all together, to be strong all together and move on. We damaged our pride but now we need to stay together and from tomorrow, to think and move on. “It’s difficult to say something for our fans. We feel embarrassed for the result, but what I can say is that we feel as bad as they feel, very disappointed and we need to bounce back all together again. “To stay together is most important.”

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/stay-calm-pochettino-tells-players-after-7-2-champions-league-defeat.html

2 Likes

Re: Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat by sammyj: 10:17am On Oct 02, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin Tottenham Hotspur has been relegated to one road side club las las !!! grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked

13 Likes

Re: Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat by saydfact(m): 10:17am On Oct 02, 2019
This Sammy above if I catch you ehn..... grin grin you will learn how to CALM DOWN

check my signature, i'm at your service

4 Likes

Re: Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat by drips8(m): 10:17am On Oct 02, 2019
Spurs were deep fried by Bayern Munich without any pity.

The painful part was that Tottenham scored first.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat by erons22(m): 10:17am On Oct 02, 2019
7_2 shocked

1 Like

Re: Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:17am On Oct 02, 2019
Lol cheesy

Chopping 7 goals at home in a Champions League game is not easy o.

Well, season of keeping calm we are.....

About yesterday's 2.7 and Our Independence.....

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat by fourhayz: 10:17am On Oct 02, 2019
This Bayern Team is one to look out for.

With the addition of Ivan Perisic and Phillipe Coutinho.They are raring to go.

They have champions league experience and some of their players are serial winners in this competition.

I see them going fAR!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat by munanonye16: 10:18am On Oct 02, 2019
They really need to be calm......but
Re: Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat by Allwility: 10:18am On Oct 02, 2019
EPL is overrated!!

2 Likes

Re: Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:22am On Oct 02, 2019
Last last Tottenham and Real Madrid will drop out of Champions League in the group stage and come and add to our problem in the Europa league

29 Likes

Re: Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 02, 2019
If dey like. London is red as always

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat by William5432: 10:23am On Oct 02, 2019
This is a great humiliation for a current Champions League runner up.

If you have extra data, please visit our Blog: https://lifestyles.ng

3 Likes

Re: Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat by Emekuslala1: 10:24am On Oct 02, 2019
Very overrated league

2 Likes

Re: Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat by Carsontyqa(m): 10:24am On Oct 02, 2019
I so much love this Pochetino guy...i wish he is incharge of ManUtd sef...but make we just manage our Ole

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat by joshjc(m): 10:25am On Oct 02, 2019
Sack him so that man utd will fire ole and employ him

4 Likes

Re: Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat by clays: 10:27am On Oct 02, 2019
And its more sad that Tottenham scored first

4 Likes

Re: Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat by GavelSlam: 10:28am On Oct 02, 2019
Now can Bayern do this against a good club?
Re: Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat by begge: 10:32am On Oct 02, 2019
start well and calm?
Re: Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat by newguy1(m): 10:32am On Oct 02, 2019
All of u saying epl is overated should pls shutup when last did a team that finished 4th in there league enter champion league finals ehmmmm. Baryern is a footballing veteran give them the rep if it’s not a team like baryern beating spur like that who will it be.fyi they have done it before with Leeds united

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat by hefelove(m): 10:38am On Oct 02, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
Last last Tottenham and Real Madrid will drop out of Champions League in the group stage and come and add to our problem in the Europa league
Only a United fan will get worried like this grin

10 Likes

Re: Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat by Ajibade123(m): 10:39am On Oct 02, 2019
what's calm are they thinking of winning 5-0 in the second leg ni

anyway see top 15 expansion strategies for your business growth https://explicitsuccess.com/expansion-strategies/
Re: Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat by Angelfrost(m): 10:42am On Oct 02, 2019
joshjc:
Sack him so that man utd will fire ole and employ him

I feel you all are being unfair to Olé.

United has a very average squad, yet hasn't done any worse than top teams like Barca, Real Madrid, Roma, Arsenal, Spurs, etc....

Yet, you all just want his head cos of his limited experience. How far did United fare with legends like LVG and Mou??!... What difference will any other decent coach make in a club with poor leadership??!...
Re: Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat by Angelfrost(m): 10:44am On Oct 02, 2019
Carsontyqa:
I so much love this Pochetino guy...i wish he is incharge of ManUtd sef...but make we just manage our Ole

With the kind of management board you have at Old Trafford, you would hate him before season gets halfway.
Re: Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat by Omenkata: 11:00am On Oct 02, 2019
[s]
post=82764959:
Lol cheesy

Chopping 7 goals at home in a Champions League game is not easy o.

Well, season of keeping calm we are.....

About yesterday's 2.7 and Our Independence.....
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat by skyfather09(m): 11:03am On Oct 02, 2019
y'all never stood a chance...
Re: Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat by PopeFlatino(m): 11:15am On Oct 02, 2019
I don't care whether they go far or not....one thing I like about them is their transfer policy and how they maintain decorum during transfer periods.

U hardly see them in any transfer Saga just like Barca,PsG,Man utd and Mancity/Arsenal of before...When a player is highly sorted out for by top clubs,they always calm down for others to fight finish then they will sign him,sometimes on Loan.

Secondly u hardly see them securing players they need or a perfect replacement for their aging players during d actual transfer season..they do that ahead of that,to avoid dragging.

Just look at some wonderful acquisitions they have made over the decade....Mario Gomez,Gotze,Lewandowski,Hummels,J.Martinez,Sule,Lucas Hernandez,Coman,perisic,Coutinho,Vidal,James,Gnabry,Tolisso,Goretzka,Neuar and so on...

U will discover all I just said in their transfers
fourhayz:
This Bayern Team is one to look out for.

With the addition of Ivan Perisic and Phillipe Coutinho.They are raring to go.

They have champions league experience and some of their players are serial winners in this competition.

I see them going fAR!

2 Likes

Re: Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat by adenigga(m): 11:34am On Oct 02, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

Bros! Calm down. It is too early, they might still survive o!!!
Re: Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat by joshjc(m): 12:08pm On Oct 02, 2019
Angelfrost:

I feel you all are being unfair to Olé.

United has a very average squad, yet hasn't done any worse than top teams like Barca, Real Madrid, Roma, Arsenal, Spurs, etc....

Yet, you all just want his head cos of his limited experience. How far did United fare with legends like LVG and Mou??!... What difference will any other decent coach make in a club with poor leadership??!...
in my opinion ole is part of the problem,the team lack playing pattern,just hit the ball to James and then run with it, look at spurs before Pochettino was appointed and see the improvement now, Liverpool with kloop,and even Chelsea play attracting football
Re: Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:13pm On Oct 02, 2019
hefelove:

Only a United fan will get worried like this grin
I'm an Arsenal fan and yes I'm worried
Re: Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat by Angelfrost(m): 12:22pm On Oct 02, 2019
joshjc:
in my opinion ole is part of the problem,the team lack playing pattern,just hit the ball to James and then run with it, look at spurs before Pochettino was appointed and see the improvement now, Liverpool with kloop,and even Chelsea play attracting football

So, what pattern were they playing and winning 10 straight games after he took over from Mou??!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video: Nigeria Beat Senegal 55-60 To Win Afrobasket 2019 / Nduka Odizor, Nigerian Tennis Legend Celebrates His 64th Birthday Today / Jadon Sancho Wins Goal.com NxGn World's Best Young Talent Award (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.