Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,966 members, 7,825,023 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Starting Out As A Web Designer/developer (complete Skill Guide). - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Starting Out As A Web Designer/developer (complete Skill Guide). (848 Views)

Professional Web Designer & Developer For All Your Website Design Needs. / 9 Questions To Ask Your Web Designer After Handing Over Your Website / I Need A Web Designer/ Developer Who Cn Design A Website That Wil Look Like This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting Out As A Web Designer/developer (complete Skill Guide). by Zeepirate: 12:20pm On Oct 02, 2019
Starting out as a web developer is usually tough for beginners as they have to battle a lot of queries and finding people to answer these queries is usually not handy.

Most experienced developers do not make out time to assist newbies and when they do, they sound "somewhat" annoying as they might find some of your questions dumb or irritating.

With this thread, i am going to help you get started and occasionally attend to questions that you may have and also point you towards the right the right direction.

If you are interested to get into web development, you might first set out a skill set tour for yourself as there are three (3) types of web developers.

The first on this table is those referred to as Frontend developers. They are those who focus on the seeable aspect of the site. They work with Ui designers to ensure the site looks beautiful on all devices. Their skill set includes good knowledge of HTML, CSS (and various css frameworks) and Javascript.

The second type of web developers are the backend developers. These set of developers construct site's algorithm, determine how the site functions by collaborating with UX designers. They figure and configure the site's interaction with the server. They handle the aspect of the site which is hidden from the users. Their skill set include good understanding of server side languages such as Php, Java, c++ etc

The third are the Full Stack developers, as must have guessed, they are those who are skilled in both front and back end web development processes and technology. They code the front and the back aspect of a website and possess good understanding of Ui and Ux design systems.

To equip yourself with this skill sets, you will need to enroll in IT skill centers or web development institutions if you are not a computer student of a reputable University or Polytechnic already.

However, as a more economical way, i will advise you to enroll online on sites with large education materials (videos and texts). Some of the online tutorial sites are paid, free and some are fremium.

The sites that i will recommend are edx(.org totally free except you want to get certified), freecodecamp(.org), udemy(.com paid) and udacity(.com paid).

If you have any questions, don't forget to ask below or hit me up via email zeepirate@protonmail.com

//remove the brackets before visiting the sites.
Re: Starting Out As A Web Designer/developer (complete Skill Guide). by udoekere: 3:41pm On Oct 02, 2019
Please i want to learn how to programme but i just don't know which programming language to start with.i want to be a web developer...i mean from front end to back end.

Please help us here https://www.0.freebasics.com/https/www.nairaland.com/5447739/which-programming-language-should-beginner?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597%3BAfrqDNrhSiEsanZL
Re: Starting Out As A Web Designer/developer (complete Skill Guide). by Zeepirate: 4:26pm On Oct 02, 2019
udoekere:
Please i want to learn how to programme but i just don't know which programming language to start with.i want to be a web developer...i mean from front end to back end.

Please help us here https://www.0.freebasics.com/https/www.nairaland.com/5447739/which-programming-language-should-beginner?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597%3BAfrqDNrhSiEsanZL

If you are starting out as a frontend developer,. It is important to learn HTML and CSS first, then Javascript.

After that, it is advisable to venture into Frameworks like Boostrap for your HTML and CSS level up and to also try Javascript based frameworks like React, Node.js etc
Re: Starting Out As A Web Designer/developer (complete Skill Guide). by udoekere: 4:45pm On Oct 02, 2019
Zeepirate:

If you are starting out as a frontend developer,. It is important to learn HTML and CSS first, then Javascript.

After that, it is advisable to venture into Frameworks like Boostrap for your HTML and CSS level up and to also try Javascript based frameworks like React, Node.js etc
thanks
Re: Starting Out As A Web Designer/developer (complete Skill Guide). by udoekere: 4:50pm On Oct 02, 2019
Zeepirate:

what about python? Can it be use to develop a website
Re: Starting Out As A Web Designer/developer (complete Skill Guide). by Zeepirate: 5:18pm On Oct 02, 2019
udoekere:
what about python? Can it be use to develop a website

Yes. In fact, Google currently lies on python for some of its functionality as well as Instagram.
Re: Starting Out As A Web Designer/developer (complete Skill Guide). by udoekere: 5:41pm On Oct 02, 2019
Zeepirate:

Yes. In fact, Google currently lies on python for some of its functionality as well as Instagram.
so is there any difference between javascript and python?
Re: Starting Out As A Web Designer/developer (complete Skill Guide). by sunday478(m): 6:46am On Oct 03, 2019
udoekere:
yes.
javascript can be used for both front end and back end.

javascript in most cases can only be used for only website/ web apps.

python can be use for both website and computer softwares.
Re: Starting Out As A Web Designer/developer (complete Skill Guide). by Zeepirate: 1:03am On Oct 04, 2019
udoekere:

Javascript is a user-side scripting language for web development while Python is a full fledged server-side programming language.

Python can be used for data science, big data, Machine learning, Gaming structuring and a host of other things which JS can't be used for.

(1) (Reply)

Pin Verified UK Adsense Plus Website For Sale Affordable / Help! How Can I Map My Whogohost Domain To Blogger? / Need Help With Dreamweaver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.