Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Nigeria At 59: In Dire Need Of Leaders! Will You Be One? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria At 59: In Dire Need Of Leaders! Will You Be One? (236 Views)

Zulum: Buhari, Governors, Party Leaders Will Determin APC Presidential Candidate / Junaid Mohammed: Afenifere Leaders Will Be The First To Flee If War Breaks Out / Tight Security At National Assembly Ahead Of Inauguration, Election Of Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria At 59: In Dire Need Of Leaders! Will You Be One? by bsmithconcepts1(m): 2:52pm On Oct 02, 2019
Yesterday, Nigeria marked 59 years of independence. Many ask the question, are we really independent? In 1914 the nation Nigeria was born, true it was not of our making, but let us be sincere who really decide his/her birth. Our mother the British had their reasons for birthing us and 46 years later we had our reason to be independent.

So here we are now, an independent nation. Still seeking to be free from the shackles of colonialism, still following the path our mother which we claim to be “wicked” set for us. Truly, train up a child in a way she should go and when she grows up she will not depart from it. Maybe we should check the history of our mother’s government. We might not be far from being her spitting image.

How I wish we can continue holding our mother responsible for our current situation. At age 105, we cannot remain forever in her shadow. If her path was wrong then let us forge a new path for ourselves. Our teeth cannot be continually set on edge by the sour grapes she ate. So, let the blame game stop, everyone had their role to play in the Nigeria of today.

Now, let us re-write the script of Nigeria’s tale and create a new story. How can we do this? A famous quote from John C. Maxwell “Everything rises and falls on leadership” answers the question. We are in dire need of leaders and it is not just the political ones. We are good people still we need to transition to great leaders.

Most leaders that brought drastic changes that ushered progress were not in the political position of power. Nelson Mandela was not South Africa’s president before he led South Africa to independence. What about Martins Luther King Jr.? John Knox was not Scotland’s king, nor was he part of the top officials yet in his time he transformed Scotland with a popular prayer “Give me Scotland or I die.”

The leader you are seeking to transform Nigeria might be you. You might not be the top leader but your “little” leadership role effectively played will do so much than you ever imagine. As a youth president; I have discovered that my most effective tenures were not when I was at my best but when my fellow leaders both in my team and within the youths are also at their best.

That member of the youth, that takes responsibility to ensure the progress of the group, makes more impact. Of course, as the youth president, I have authorities backing me, yet my influence is still limited. With every leader in my team and in the membership, there is substantial progress. I know we need leaders in a political position, yet charity begins at home.

True changes occur from down up, not up downward. The head has the responsibility to pass down the mandate, the motivation, and the drive but until the legs move there is no progress. In the case of Nigeria to solve the classwork, we might not need to look at the examples at the top. Though we might see a few, those few good examples are enough.
Are you ready for a better Nigeria? Will you become a Leader to make it a reality?

#NigeriaAt59
#GodBlessNigeria
#GoodPeopleGreatNation
#IAmANigerian and #IBelieveInANewNigeria

Re: Nigeria At 59: In Dire Need Of Leaders! Will You Be One? by meavox: 3:23pm On Oct 02, 2019
You are right that we should stop blaming UK, as we have had 59 whole years to sort out the evils that UK put on us. China that is only 11 years older than us has wiped off whatever evils UK brought to it and has managed to forge an ok journey for itself.

I disagree though that Nigerians are a good people. With RITUAL KILLING, greed, selfishness, being unconcerned, dishonesty (lying) about everything, insincerity even with timekeeping, cheating in exams and in trade, rampant sleeping around, even from primary school our girls play the prostitute, and so much STEALING (house help, driver, shop assistant, teacher, nurse, doctor, policeman, pastor, imam, civil servant, LGA chairman, governor, minister, reps, senator, president), then cults, and witch doctors. The good Nigerians are too few.

Last, unless Arewa and Southern Nigeria become two separate countries, no leader can bring out anything good from this Nigeria as the foundations are fraudulent and the constitution a fraud against the indigenous people.

We are just going round and round in worsening circles.
Re: Nigeria At 59: In Dire Need Of Leaders! Will You Be One? by bsmithconcepts1(m): 1:14pm On Oct 03, 2019
meavox:

You are right that we should stop blaming UK, as we have had 59 whole years to sort out the evils that UK put on us. China that is only 11 years older than us has wiped off whatever evils UK brought to it and has managed to forge an ok journey for itself.

I disagree though that Nigerians are a good people. With RITUAL KILLING, greed, selfishness, being unconcerned, dishonesty (lying) about everything, insincerity even with timekeeping, cheating in exams and in trade, rampant sleeping around, even from primary school our girls play the prostitute, and so much STEALING (house help, driver, shop assistant, teacher, nurse, doctor, policeman, pastor, imam, civil servant, LGA chairman, governor, minister, reps, senator, president), then cults, and witch doctors. The good Nigerians are too few.

Last, unless Arewa and Southern Nigeria become two separate countries, no leader can bring out anything good from this Nigeria as the foundations are fraudulent and the constitution a fraud against the indigenous people.

We are just going round and round in worsening circles.

You have stated facts, but Nigeria still has hope. We separating will not change the wrong mindset, nor produce a great leader. We are good people regardless of the crimes. The fact that there are bad eggs does not mean eggs are bad

(1) (Reply)

Minister Of State Education Received In Audience Pan-african Youth Union / Best Lawyers In Nigeria: Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Lawyer / Aremu Olusegun Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.