Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? (23203 Views)

Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding / At 40, Can I Still Learn Programming And Be Good At It? / Apart From Programming And Coding, What IT Related Career Is In High Demand? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by udoekere: 5:52pm On Oct 02, 2019
Hi Nairalanders, i'd get confused when i come across this words programming and coding.
Is there any difference or they are just the same thing?
Pls help...

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 02, 2019
Same...

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by udoekere: 5:59pm On Oct 02, 2019
lagoskind:
Same...
can you please explain a little? Abeg
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by donsheddy1(m): 6:09pm On Oct 02, 2019
udoekere:

He just told you they're same. What other explanation do you want? Google is your best bet right now.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 02, 2019
udoekere:

It's just the use of different terminologies. Programming is the same thing as coding, vice versa. A programmer writes codes or programs, a coder writes programs or codes...

It's just a New School thing by young programmers to call themselves coders...

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Nickisindigo(m): 6:14pm On Oct 02, 2019
programming is the act
coding is the language

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 02, 2019
Nickisindigo:
programming is the act

coding is the language

Please don't say what you don't know.

148 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by udoekere: 6:26pm On Oct 02, 2019
lagoskind:

It's just the use of different terminologies. Programming is the same thing as coding, vice versa. A programmer writes codes or programs, a coder writes programs or codes...

It's just a New School thing by young programmers to call themselves coders...

thanks

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 02, 2019
udoekere:
thanks

Ur welcome. smiley
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Nickisindigo(m): 7:02pm On Oct 02, 2019
lagoskind:

Please don't say what you don't know.
so hnd computer science dont know what he is saying

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by wonuks(m): 7:38pm On Oct 02, 2019
See below
I build professional websites without advance payments. Pay after the design. Check my signature or profile

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by realestniggah: 7:39pm On Oct 02, 2019
You program an app or software to carry out a particular function.. The process of making sure that app work the way you want is called coding.. The work you put into a program to work a certain way is called coding.

Take for example when you build a house you lay bricks.. That bricklaying = coding.. It basically building. The whole essence of coding is to have a program that works.

25 Likes

Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Marleynaira66: 7:40pm On Oct 02, 2019
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by 10000followers: 7:40pm On Oct 02, 2019
This is just a question,,, ������why is it on the front page
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Success02(m): 7:41pm On Oct 02, 2019
Procod
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Amstupid(m): 7:41pm On Oct 02, 2019
I know it bt I will not answer kiss

Am in level 700 in science and stupidity in university of phsycatric grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by MountainView: 7:42pm On Oct 02, 2019
Nickisindigo:
so hnd computer science dont know what he is saying

Lolz Professors in different fields do go wrong talk less of an unknown mother fucker like you.

8 Likes

Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by toffyz(m): 7:42pm On Oct 02, 2019
same
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Depressed101: 7:42pm On Oct 02, 2019
Nickisindigo:
programming is the act

coding is the language
op see what you have caused, cheesy

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by dudebuck: 7:43pm On Oct 02, 2019
They are basically the same thing, but coding refers to the actual writing or typing of the codes, while programming refers to everything from planning, designing, researching, flowcharting, alogarithm to testing and debugging, just my two cents.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by MrSix: 7:43pm On Oct 02, 2019
Lols

Check my signature
USA used laptops for sale
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by udbyron1(m): 7:43pm On Oct 02, 2019
10000followers:
This is just a question,,, ������why is it on the front page
I know the moderator and the moderator knows the OP
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by nextstep(m): 7:43pm On Oct 02, 2019
No difference.

I think lagoskind summarized it well:
lagoskind:
different terminologies... just a new School thing by young programmers to call themselves coders...

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by sylve11: 7:43pm On Oct 02, 2019
Coding and programming are similar terms if you look at it broadly. But there exists a line of difference between the two.

Coding, in general means just writing code in a particular programming language, just some code. It could be anything, for example just adding 2 numbers.

However, programming is different than just coding. Programming is basically a broader entity that involves thinking critically over a problem, identifying the solution, deciding on right tools that would help develop the solution and then using those tools and techniques to create a solution that solves the problem at hand.

In reality, coding is actually an important part of programming.

So to sum up, programming is the process of designing a solution to a problem, and coding is a part of this process................. cool

20 Likes

Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by jeff1607(m): 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2019
observing
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Jay5mie: 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2019
M

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by nextstep(m): 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2019
Compare "authoring a book" to "writing a book". No difference. On the other hand "publishing a book" is understood to be a different thing.

Some may say that "authoring" includes planning, organization, etc... and that "writing" is the act of putting words to papers, (or typing into an editor).

Even the act of "writing" is further broken down into prewriting, drafting, revising, editing and publishing, which might be done by different people.

In the modern context of writing software, there's no difference really. Coders program, and programmers code.

9 Likes

Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Celexralno: 7:45pm On Oct 02, 2019
Professional hacker here!
I am
�Difference Between Scripting, Markup And Programming Languages�

�Programming Languages�
A programming language is simply a set of rules that tells a computer system what to do and how to do it. It gives the computer instructions for performing a particular task. A programming language consists of a series of well-defined steps which the computer must strictly follow in order to produce the desired output. Failure to follow the steps as it has been defined will result in an error and sometimes the computer system won’t perform as intended.

�Markup Languages�
From the name, we can easily tell that a markup language is all about visuals and looks. Basically, this is the primary role of markup languages. They are used for the presentation of data. They determine the final outlook or appearance of the data that needs to be displayed on the software. Two of the most powerful markup languages are HTML and XML. If you have used both of these two languages, you should be aware of the impact that they can have on a website in terms of the aesthetics.

�Scripting Languages�
A scripting language is a type of language that is designed to integrate and communicate with other programming languages. Examples of commonly used scripting languages include JavaScript, VBScript, PHP among others. There are mostly used in conjunction with other languages, either programming or markup languages. For example, PHP which is a scripting language is mostly used in conjunction with HTML. It is safe to say that all scripting languages are programming languages, but not all programming languages are scripting languages.
I don't know about coding because I don't do undercode

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by DAutoDiagnosis: 7:45pm On Oct 02, 2019
I will answer this like a professional mechanic

Coding has to do with configuring vehicle components via a scanner. eg, force writing a vin, key coding, adaptations, relearning, etc.

Programming is when a have a blank control module like the SRS, ECU, abs module, etc in which you will need to get access from the manufacturer site to inject the softwares for the hardware. That's programming.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Olayetan(m): 7:46pm On Oct 02, 2019
They are the same but coding is to identify which of the program you’re coding for....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Doubt If You All Know The Name Of Some Of The Keys On An English Keyboard! / How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? / PHP Or Coldfusion: Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.