Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,126 members, 7,867,261 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:00 PM

The Danger Of Prosperity Preaching: A Review Of Joel Osteen - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Danger Of Prosperity Preaching: A Review Of Joel Osteen (248 Views)

The Danger Of Associating With Greedy People / What Is Wrong With The Gospel Of Joel Osteen, Joseph Prince, And SO Many OTHERS. / Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Danger Of Prosperity Preaching: A Review Of Joel Osteen by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:01pm On Oct 02, 2019
The Danger Of Prosperity Preaching: A Review Of Joel Osteen

Joel Osteen is often criticised for not speaking enough about sin, not taking strong enough stances on the truths of Scripture and twisting scripture out of context. These charges are true. Here is an honest review of Osteen's prosperity teaching:

https://reasonsforjesus.com/the-danger-of-prosperity-preaching-a-review-of-joel-osteen/

1 Share

Re: The Danger Of Prosperity Preaching: A Review Of Joel Osteen by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:09pm On Oct 05, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
The Danger Of Prosperity Preaching: A Review Of Joel Osteen

Joel Osteen is often criticised for not speaking enough about sin, not taking strong enough stances on the truths of Scripture and twisting scripture out of context. These charges are true. Here is an honest review of Osteen's prosperity teaching:

https://reasonsforjesus.com/the-danger-of-prosperity-preaching-a-review-of-joel-osteen/

By J.P. Holding| In reviewing Osteen’s sermons, my purpose was not to simply rehash and repeat what has already been discovered in Part 1 of this series. I specifically sought out new material, but as it turns out, I found very little new. In this respect, Osteen imitates others pastors (such as R. C Sproul) in that what you hear from his sermons, you will find repeated in his books – sometimes, the same analogies and stories virtually verbatim.[1]

What little new I did find will therefore be reserved for the next section on criticisms, save that I did find some rather questionable practices offered by Joel’s wife, Victoria, who presides over the pre-sermon portion of the Lakewood service: The music, the prayer, and the communion service.

The latter offered a particularly disturbing component, as it was indicated that all present could participate – there was no exclusion from the communion for non-Christians! Victoria Osteen also indicated that the communion “brings healing” to the body and emotions, but did not clearly say how this is accomplished.

Of course, this does not cohere with the Biblical model for the communion, which is designated as a fellowship meal specifically for those who are members of the Body of Christ. There is also nothing to suggest a “healing” component of any kind.

(1) (Reply)

Are Biblical Events Recorded Elsewhere Apart From The Bible? / Onitsha Fire Is Not Ordinary (video) - Prophet Chukwuemeka (odumejeje) / Are We Supposed To Pray To Christ Or Pray In His Name ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.