Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,877 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Why Lagos State Government Should Ban Hawking - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Lagos State Government Should Ban Hawking (1013 Views)

Why Lagos State Government Should Ban Hawking / Arewa Youths: BBNaija Promotes Immorality, Buhari Government Should Ban It / Why Lagos Assembly, APC Want Ambode Jailed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Lagos State Government Should Ban Hawking by MrFourSHIRTS: 11:32pm On Oct 02, 2019
It's an eye sore seeing matured men running with legs the size of a cow's curving roughly into a yam. These men Hawking gala and fan yogo under rain and hot sun leaves one to wonder where they are from. What's their history, if they have any? And why do they troop in their hundreds in to Lagos and upsetting their hosts ? A scholarly research needs to be done on this.
It breaks my heart when I drive or walk through Lagos and see them everywhere speaking like rapping with a mixture of broken-english adorned in heavy consonants.
I believe, with the political cum economic reforms Sanwo is introducing, street hawking should be prohibited so as to bring about huge tax inturn and prevent tax evasion to the nearest minimum. The LAGOS LAGOON NEEDS TO BE DEVELOPED
Re: Why Lagos State Government Should Ban Hawking by Darammliveth(m): 11:42pm On Oct 02, 2019
Trash!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Lagos State Government Should Ban Hawking by MrFourSHIRTS: 11:59pm On Oct 02, 2019
Darammliveth:
Trash!!!!!!!!
why?
Re: Why Lagos State Government Should Ban Hawking by Foxman19: 12:08am On Oct 03, 2019
Well I don't like see them hawking in that hot weather condition neither they will also
Like it as well. However banned them without provide alternative to them that is another wickedness against humanity. And such move can't even work in Nigeria Fashola tried it but he didn't succeed and the reason is Because our society is not settle.
Re: Why Lagos State Government Should Ban Hawking by Nobody: 12:12am On Oct 03, 2019
Haaaa

1 Share

Re: Why Lagos State Government Should Ban Hawking by chukwuibuipob: 12:12am On Oct 03, 2019
angry angry angry angry angry sad sad sad undecided undecided undecided useless talk.Thank God u aren't God/LSG.If dey ban dem and they attack u while driving nkoh? U'll open anoda post and wail
Re: Why Lagos State Government Should Ban Hawking by Nobody: 12:19am On Oct 03, 2019
MrFourSHIRTS:
It's an eye sore seeing matured men running with legs the size of a cow's curving roughly into a yam. These men Hawking gala and fan yogo under rain and hot sun leaves one to wonder where they are from. What's their history, if they have any? And why do they troop in their hundreds in to Lagos and upsetting their hosts ? A scholarly research needs to be done on this.
It breaks my heart when I drive or walk through Lagos and see them everywhere speaking like rapping with a mixture of broken-english adorned in heavy consonants.
I believe, with the political cum economic reforms Sanwo is introducing, street hawking should be prohibited so as to bring about huge tax inturn and prevent tax evasion to the nearest minimum. The LAGOS LAGOON NEEDS TO BE DEVELOPED

No wonder....u get car, u Dey comfortable, that’s why u don’t know what others are going tru....

Permit me to give it to u straight up.......u were trying to sound like u care just for split of nano-second...but u have zero empathy.....u even have a hint of mockery in your description of their pattern of hustle...u are even bringing tax evasion into the hustle of people making an average of 800-1000naira per day.....I mean that’s less than 3£. Many make a 100-200 Naira gain after selling a full pack of their merchandise which usually contains 50pcs in the case of gala or 12 pcs for soft drink which bcomes useless when the heat renders them hot in a space of 1hr when not sold

I would have given u some credit if ur post Centered a bit on the safety of these people trying to make ends meet on the highway....but all u have is their yam leg, their broken-English and tax evasion.
Tax of how much sir, if I might even ask, even in the UK and other advanced nations, there’s no 100% efficient system....the tiny tax leakages from people like these are usually allowed because they are considered period of growing... no sane government collects tax from tiny business owners who are just kicking off...there’s always a period of tax holiday for them...

U even added that they upset you while u drive, we know ur type, u find poor people highly repulsive. Go and add small humility to ur life sir, the ground isn’t too far from anyone....

Nwaamaikpe.... lalasticlala come and see something

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos State Government Should Ban Hawking by MrFourSHIRTS: 12:28am On Oct 03, 2019
1StopRudeness:

No wonder....u get car, u Dey comfortable, that’s why u don’t know what others are going tru....
something
go back and develop your own town and stop the land grabbing
Re: Why Lagos State Government Should Ban Hawking by Nobody: 12:33am On Oct 03, 2019
MrFourSHIRTS:
go back and develop your own town and stop the land grabbing

Land grabbing?? Is this one alright?? What is this one saying??

I knew it, u had to be suffering from a little paranoia.......otherwise u won’t say poor people are upsetting you...
Re: Why Lagos State Government Should Ban Hawking by Justpassingby45(m): 12:41am On Oct 03, 2019
Do you have any work for them? Just asking.
Anyway wish me happy birthday with your likes
Re: Why Lagos State Government Should Ban Hawking by MrFourSHIRTS: 1:31am On Oct 03, 2019
1StopRudeness:

otherwise u won’t say poor people are upsetting you...[/b]
thanks for admitting "Awa oyel" people are poor. Misery loves company.
Lagos is the land of the rich and if you intend to mingle with the rich, don't grab our lands
Re: Why Lagos State Government Should Ban Hawking by Nobody: 2:14am On Oct 03, 2019
MrFourSHIRTS:
thanks for admitting "Awa oyel" people are poor. Misery loves company.
Lagos is the land of the rich and if you intend to mingle with the rich, don't grab our lands

Really?? You are rich?? Wannabe...we know ur kind....

Re: Why Lagos State Government Should Ban Hawking by youngsahito(m): 5:10am On Oct 03, 2019
MrFourSHIRTS:
This is what Buhari called hate speech...shikena
Re: Why Lagos State Government Should Ban Hawking by lordlugards: 5:24am On Oct 03, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Permit me to give it to u straight up.......u were trying to sound like u care just for split of nano-second...but u have zero empathy.....u even have a hint of mockery in your description of their pattern of hustle...u are even bringing tax evasion into the hustle of people making an average of 800-1000naira per day.....I mean that’s less than 3£. Many make a 100-200 Naira gain after selling a full pack of their merchandise which usually contains 50pcs in the case of gala or 12 pcs for soft drink which bcomes useless when the heat renders them hot in a space of 1hr when not sold

I would have given u some credit if ur post Centered a bit on the safety of these people trying to make ends meet on the highway....but all u have is their yam leg, their broken-English and tax evasion.
Tax of how much sir, if I might even ask, even in the UK and other advanced nations, there’s no 100% efficient system....the tiny tax leakages from people like these are usually allowed because they are considered period of growing... no sane government collects tax from tiny business owners who are just kicking off...there’s always a period of tax holiday for them...

U even added that they upset you while u drive, we know ur type, u find poor people highly repulsive. Go and add small humility to ur life sir, the ground isn’t too far from anyone....

Nwaamaikpe.... come and see something
You forgot to remind him that their mothers and sisters are the one selling soft drinks and water people use in taking the Gala.

@Op is such a pained lazy fool, who will be happily lazing around while his mother and sisters are in every go slow in Lagos state selling soft drinks and pure water to feed him while he came to social media boasting of fake life.

For your information OP those boys with yam leg take care of their families back home with that their small biz and half bake English. While you will be forming MR IT if i should ask u what u do for a living, yet you are jobless.

Fake human Being
Re: Why Lagos State Government Should Ban Hawking by MrFourSHIRTS: 8:12am On Oct 03, 2019
lordlugards:
am in sifia pains
Sifia pains
Re: Why Lagos State Government Should Ban Hawking by lordlugards: 8:26am On Oct 03, 2019
MrFourSHIRTS:
Never knew I'm a fool
Re: Why Lagos State Government Should Ban Hawking by Efewestern: 9:27am On Oct 03, 2019
MrFourSHIRTS:
[s] It's an eye sore seeing matured men running with legs the size of a cow's curving roughly into a yam. These men Hawking gala and fan yogo under rain and hot sun leaves one to wonder where they are from. What's their history, if they have any? And why do they troop in their hundreds in to Lagos and upsetting their hosts ? A scholarly research needs to be done on this.
I believe, with the political cum economic reforms Sanwo is introducing, street hawking should be prohibited so as to bring about huge tax inturn and prevent tax evasion to the nearest minimum. The LAGOS LAGOON NEEDS TO BE DEVELOPED [/s]

People are hustling to make a living, you are here saying this, please have some sympathy, will you provide job for them if you stop their little business?

Worst post I have seen this week.

(1) (Reply)

Transporters Embark On Protest In Owerri Over Extortion / BREAKING: Uproar As Senate Approves Buhari’s $22.7bn Loan Request / Take Away Ojukwu War-time Medals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.