Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,302 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Nigerians Serving 1,000-year- Jail Term In Ghana — Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Serving 1,000-year- Jail Term In Ghana — Umahi (437 Views)

Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller / Buhari Endorses Umar Ganduje For 2nd Term In Kano State / Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Serving 1,000-year- Jail Term In Ghana — Umahi by jarawa: 6:09am On Oct 03, 2019
The Governor of Ebonyi State, David Umahi, yesterday said some Nigerians have been sentenced to serve for 1,000 years and some 500 years in Ghana prisons, saying that quest for quick wealth among some Nigerians was the key reason for the development. He added that his administration would reward any whistle blower on activities of cultists in the state.

Umahi spoke on Tuesday at the PA Ngala Oruta, Township Stadium, Abakiliki, during the celebration of the 59th Independence anniversary and 23-years of Ebonyi State creation. He said the revelation on Nigerians sentenced in Ghana was disclosed to him by a Nigerian resident in that country. “I get a lot of calls from people in Ghana, saying a lot of them are about to be sentenced. Some people have been imprisoned for 1000 years and some 500 years. “So, it is important that as Nigerians, we re-evaluate ourselves because a major cause of this is quick wealth among Nigerians and quest to travel aboard at all cost”, he said. Umahi called on Nigerians to uphold the cultural value of the nation.

“We must, as Nigerians do everything to uphold our cultural values and better ourselves outside the country. “And in the area of cultism, let me say that the war has not started in Ebonyi State. So there is going to be very intensive war against cultism as there will be whistle blowers in this and we are going to reward them”, he said.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/nigerians-serving-1000-year-jail-term-in-ghana-umahi.html

Re: Nigerians Serving 1,000-year- Jail Term In Ghana — Umahi by Ndibunna: 6:51am On Oct 03, 2019
Loud mouth Governor...
Rubbish.
Re: Nigerians Serving 1,000-year- Jail Term In Ghana — Umahi by ProudDick: 6:56am On Oct 03, 2019
We all know what part of Nigeria they are from.
Re: Nigerians Serving 1,000-year- Jail Term In Ghana — Umahi by femolii: 7:03am On Oct 03, 2019
Na wa o 1000 years they kill person too much.
Re: Nigerians Serving 1,000-year- Jail Term In Ghana — Umahi by KiddiesTablets(f): 7:26am On Oct 03, 2019
Get your children educational android tablets @ N20,000 with free delivery nationwide. Go through my threads for pictures and please check my signature for contact...
Re: Nigerians Serving 1,000-year- Jail Term In Ghana — Umahi by WonderManly(m): 7:42am On Oct 03, 2019
Wetin concern me self! If them like make them serves 2,000 years na them sabi... Awon lazy youths every where!

Re: Nigerians Serving 1,000-year- Jail Term In Ghana — Umahi by contigiency(m): 7:52am On Oct 03, 2019
Ndibunna:
Loud mouth Governor...

Rubbish.

Criminal spotted.

(1) (Reply)

We’re Working Hard To Rescue Abducted School Girls – Kaduna Govt / Chibok Girls Cameron Must Find Courage To Confess His Role In Abduction Plan FFK / Why I Recorded, Leaked Aisha Buhari’s Video — Fatima, Mamman Daura’s Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.