Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,897 members, 7,817,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House (3322 Views)

"We Found Stockpiles Of Dollars, Not Arms In AK Govt. House” — Official / Show Of Shame As Govt, Security Officials Turn Govt House To Boxing Arena / What Rochas Okorocha Did To The Imo Govt House (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by Abagworo(m): 1:00am On Nov 04, 2010
Thursday, November 04, 2010

•Gov. Uduagan
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section
Panic gripped workers and visitors to  Government House, Asaba, Delta State yesterday, when an explosion rocked a guest house in the premises. The  blast  forced many of the Government House   staff  to desert their offices and ranaway for their life.
The explosion caused many of the government house staff to run for dear lives. 

The explosion shattered the roof and walls of the VIP lodge.
The blast, which was said to have occurred at about 3:00pm however, destroyed property yet to be quantified after blowing off the roof of the guest house.

As at press time, there was no report of casualty. However, nobody or group has claimed responsibility for the blast. Men of the boºmb disposal unit have arrived the scene for investigastions. Daily Sun investigations showed that a group yet to be identified had allegedly issued a warning to the state governor, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan to stop mismanagement of the state resources failing which he would attract its wrath.

The unknown group, Daily Sun gathered also told Uduaghan to forget about his re-election bid or face unpleasant consequence. Shortly after the blast, it was learnt that security operatives cordoned off the premises. preventing journalists from entry. Workers feared that similar explosive devices might have also been planted in other areas in the government house.

The state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), ASP Charles Muka who was seen at the scene of the incident declined comments.   Reacting to the incident, the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Uduaghan, Mr. Sunny Ogefere confirmed the blast in the VIP lodge in Government House saying, the explosion occurred in a commercial outfit of the state government located near the government house. “At about 3pm this afternoon there was an explosion at the Asaba Guest House Asaba, a commercial outfit of the Delta State Government located near the Government House. Two of the rooms upstairs were damaged from the impact of the explosion. There were no injuries and no casualties recorded.

According to the governor’s spokesperson, “security agencies have already moved to the scene of the incident and cordoned off the premises and commenced investigations to ascertain the nature of the explosion.”

http://allafrica.com/stories/201011040158.html
Re: Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by Nobody: 6:38am On Nov 04, 2010
Niger delta boys are not smiling these days.
Re: Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by jamace(m): 7:04am On Nov 04, 2010
Am I right to say we are now in the bomb era?

Even in the home, if daddy can not afford mr biggs for junior, the boy will threaten, "Daddy I will bomb your house if you don't take me to mr biggs" grin grin
Re: Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by slap1(m): 7:13am On Nov 04, 2010
As morbid as this may sound I think bomb might be the only language our leaders understand. I just hope they prioritize the issue of security because now, unlike before, they are not very safe.
Re: Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 04, 2010
jamace:

Am I right to say we are now in the bomb era?

Even in the home, if daddy can not afford mr biggs for junior, the boy will threaten, "Daddy I will bomb your house if you don't take me to mr biggs" grin grin
ROTFL
slap1:

As morbid as this may sound I think bomb might be the only language our leaders understand. I just hope they prioritize the issue of security because now, unlike before, they are not very safe.
I don't subscribe to such because in the end,the poor civilians end up dying.Violence is not going to change anything.
Re: Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by klarry79: 7:26am On Nov 04, 2010
@Slap1
Trust me diz foolz in govt simply won't learn. Cut off their limbs and dey will still find other ways to steal. Security is not on their agenda at all
Re: Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by slap1(m): 7:37am On Nov 04, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I don't subscribe to such because in the end,the poor civilians end up dying.Violence is not going to change anything.
. . .Neither do I. I'm just saying it appears to be the only thing that rattles them. It may not change a thing for now, but when about two governors are bombed to death, things will never be the same.
Re: Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 04, 2010
slap1:

. . .Neither do I. I'm just saying it appears to be the only thing that rattles them. It may not change a thing for now, but when about two governors are bombed to death, things will never be the same.
I accept civil disobedience against oppressive government but i won't tolerate insurrection or any form of violence to achieve any thing.The world has gone beyond killing leaders.if you don't want them,vote them out ! Just like IBB
Re: Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by slap1(m): 8:02am On Nov 04, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I accept civil disobedience against oppressive government but i won't tolerate insurrection or any form of violence to achieve any thing.The world has gone beyond killing leaders.if you don't want them,vote them out ! Just like IBB
True, but it's clear that Nigeria is not moving with the rest of the world. And as for voting them out, did we vote them in?
Re: Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 04, 2010
slap1:

True, but it's clear that Nigeria is not moving with the rest of the world. And as for voting them out, did we vote them in?

No. . .they imposed themselves on us but we've never challenged them.so it has become a custom .
Re: Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by chosen04(f): 8:26am On Nov 04, 2010
This is just the beginning of the end!!!

slap1:

ROFPML
Re: Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by Abagworo(m): 9:00am On Nov 04, 2010
This was my main fear over the Abuja bombs.An era of bomb just like kidnapping might be triggered off.Government needs to curb it now before it spreads.
Re: Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by slap1(m): 9:44am On Nov 04, 2010
~Bluetooth:

No. . .they imposed themselves on us but we've never challenged them.so it has become a custom .
Some people are set to challenge them through an auspicious method. I'm an advocate of civil disobedience in the face of inequity and injustice, but that works in civilized societies only. And we're yet to get there. We're still in the age of violence, though we gladly believe otherwise. Civil disobedience in Nigeria is akin to employing nuclear weapons in a village war. In spite of myself, I believe this bombs may bring about change.
Re: Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by monkeyleg: 10:17am On Nov 04, 2010
But I have been crying here for months on how useless that Uduaghan man is. Uduaghan and his Big Thief brother destroyed Delta state. The man is so wicked it is unbelieveable.

Infact I hear he does not give contracts out if he does not benefit.

Check this out. Asaba has street lights which are run by generators, now guess wo supplies the desiel for the generators @ 4m naira per week? yes you guessed it right, Uduaghans equaly ugly wife Roli.
Re: Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by monkeyleg: 10:24am On Nov 04, 2010
@BlueTooth,
I was in Delta state during the last primaries, and elections.

We did not have primaries, Ibori impossed his brother on us, amd used very wicked means to suppress others. Please go and find out.Whilst I never support violence, Uduaghan and his Brother are finally bringing on untold revenge unto themselves.

It is no coincidence that Ibori and wife are currently being tried, and will end up in jail, disgraced. God no dey sleep, for all the innocent blood Ibori and his evil brother have spilt, God no dey sleep.
Re: Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by edoyad(m): 10:40am On Nov 04, 2010
Whether you're support of the bombings or not is your cup of tea. My say is that they shouldn't kill innocent civilians or security people still keeping this country in peace, because if those guys abandon their jobs i tell you we'd be worse than Somalia.
Re: Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by monkeyleg: 10:52am On Nov 04, 2010
@Edoyad,

My brother I have always agreed with you, and I will in this case. But it is hard to imagine that this sort of thing would never happen in a country that has had its people cheated and oppressed for so long. It so happpend that Jerry Rawlins took a different approach and butchered them all.

The leaders of our country have been toying with faith for far too long, and I am afraid at some point the strong amongst the ordinary man is likely to fight back, and this is what you get
Re: Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by oluite(f): 11:01am On Nov 04, 2010
regressive progression from kidnapping to bombs!!!I wonder what next?
Re: Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by edoyad(m): 11:07am On Nov 04, 2010
@monkeyleg The thing is we all know where the country's problems lay. Nigerian politicians are the most unrepentant crooks on the face of this planet and i doubt if the destruction of a few buildings will cause them to change.
Re: Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by monkeyleg: 11:21am On Nov 04, 2010
No it wont, but Nigerians are even worse by sitting down and doing nothing. The common man in Nigeria has a very bad deal. I have seen some very terrible things happen to the common man. I just couldnt help but remember the awful things that have happend in Jos in recent years. Those kids that were killed, will they ever get justice. Innocent lives lost over greed and wickedness. There is always bound to be some sort of reaction.

Now for those that subscribe to voting them out of office, Nigerians are not ready to do what it takes to put in people that can make the change necessary, we are still discussing how we vote PDP back into power.
Re: Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by monkeyleg: 11:31am On Nov 04, 2010
Re: Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by 36Governor: 11:46am On Nov 04, 2010
These Nigerdeltan talibans will not allow we Govenors to rest.

Ok we shall see who shall laugh last
Re: Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by 36Governor: 11:49am On Nov 04, 2010
The pics

Re: Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by monkeyleg: 11:53am On Nov 04, 2010
Terrible. Man wey chuk hand inside fowl Nyash, anything when im see na im know
Re: Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by Ultrame(m): 12:24pm On Nov 04, 2010
Although im not an expert on bombs or anything, but deducing from the pictures above, the explosions appear NOT to have been caused by a bomb, but from a small explosive device that detonated without igniting. I think undecided
Re: Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by Beaf: 1:16pm On Nov 04, 2010
Na wa o! These days guys don't argue or fight anymore, they just test to see who has the biggest bomb! shocked

In ten years time, each and every one of us will be driving one of these to pick the kids up from school. It is your duty to learn how to operate one.

Re: Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 04, 2010
[
Re: Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by marcus1234: 1:53pm On Nov 04, 2010
Re: Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by Bukittes(f): 3:24pm On Nov 04, 2010
Inasmuch as I hate violence, I am beginning to loveee thisss new era of "Bomb Scare". Its just so sad innocent masses are sometimes going to be hit (which of course might be me too sad), but truth is our leaders obviously won't listen with ordinary ears except with militant action. I just wish these bombs and whatever can be targeted at strategic areas where it will hit the leaders so bad they won't know what came upon them. Go to House of Assembly where those fools sit to discuss rubbish and bomb their a*s off! I'm definitely in support of that!!!!!!!
Re: Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by hackney(m): 3:27pm On Nov 04, 2010
Bukittes:

Inasmuch as I hate violence, I am beginning to loveee thisss new era of "Bomb Scare". Its just so sad innocent masses are sometimes going to be hit (which of course might be me too sad), but truth is our leaders obviously won't listen with ordinary ears except with militant action. I just wish these bombs and whatever can be targeted at strategic areas where it will hit the leaders so bad they won't know what came upon them. Go to House of Assembly where those fools sit to discuss rubbish and bomb their a*s off! I'm definitely in support of that!!!!!!!

THANK YOU.
Re: Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 04, 2010
Bukittes:

Then tell those bombers to go after IBB and co.it makes no sense when innocent citizens are the casuality !
Re: Explosion Rocks Delta Govt House by chosen04(f): 3:54pm On Nov 04, 2010
I personally dont feel sorry for the victims of October 1st Bomb Blast!!!. . . . . . . . . . I heard from a reliable source that they were paid to turn up for the celebration of ''50 yrs of FAILURES'' inspite of the warning to stay out of eagle square.

If any of them was a family member i wont even mind!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Election May Be Won/lost In The 36 States Of The Federation [Buhari Leads] / 2015 Polls: INEC To Conduct elections In Only 12 Lga’s In borno / Video Link To Zamfara's Ex-commissioner Shameful Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.