Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,771 members, 7,827,849 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Please Help!!! I Dont Sleep - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help!!! I Dont Sleep (661 Views)

I Dont Understand This Feeling Please, I've Never Felt This Way Before. / Doctors Help Ooo....i Dont No Wat Is This On My Dick (pics) / This Is What Your Kidney Would Look Like, If You Dont Drink Much Water (photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help!!! I Dont Sleep by eikechukwu8(m): 11:48am On Oct 03, 2019
Hi Nairalanders...
Please help me I find it very difficult to sleep, this has been occurring from childhood, i can open my eyes without closing it till morning. I cant even sleep in the afternoon! Even if I eventually force myself to sleep at night, a slight sound will wake me up, that is i don't sleep deeply. Anytime i sleep for about 5hours, am always happy, and this is my best sleeping range, i cant sleep more than 5hours. Believe me I don't have anything bothering me or what am thinking of, have tried so many solution i found on Google, but it isn't working. I even complained to a Pharmacist, he gave me drugs, i used it as prescribed but sincerely it didnt work, the 3rd drug they prescribed for me, i even used overdose but i still barely sleep, pls nairanders, do you have solution you can recommend or am i doing something wrong?

Please MOD help me move this to front page, i need solution

CC: dominique
CC: Sissy3
Re: Please Help!!! I Dont Sleep by Davash222(m): 11:50am On Oct 03, 2019
Ji masun.
We don’t even need to sleep in this country before Buhari sell this country. All man need to stay woke.

1 Like

Re: Please Help!!! I Dont Sleep by abayomitheblog(m): 12:42pm On Oct 03, 2019
Insomnia, finding it difficult to sleep can be as a result of different things. It is usually medical related but with some home remedies can help you sleep in few minutes.

I'm sure one or all of these tips in this post will help you relax and sleep. I will love to hear what worked.

https://yomisblog.com/insomnia-six-ways-to-fall-asleep-in-less-than-30-minutes/

Re: Please Help!!! I Dont Sleep by SKhanmi: 8:54pm On Oct 03, 2019
I also suffered from insomnia for many years. Do like 600pushups before bed, then take a cold bath. If you have access to fresh palmwine,take it chilled. Let's see if you won't sleep. Another alternative is tin milk poured into a cold malt drink.
Re: Please Help!!! I Dont Sleep by Healthyway15: 12:27am On Oct 04, 2019
eikechukwu8:
Hi Nairalanders...
Please help me I find it very difficult to sleep, this has been occurring from childhood, i can open my eyes without closing it till morning. I cant even sleep in the afternoon! Even if I eventually force myself to sleep at night, a slight sound will wake me up, that is i don't sleep deeply. Anytime i sleep for about 5hours, am always happy, and this is my best sleeping range, i cant sleep more than 5hours. Believe me I don't have anything bothering me or what am thinking of, have tried so many solution i found on Google, but it isn't working. I even complained to a Pharmacist, he gave me drugs, i used it as prescribed but sincerely it didnt work, the 3rd drug they prescribed for me, i even used overdose but i still barely sleep, pls nairanders, do you have solution you can recommend or am i doing something wrong?

Hello... There are proven and effective natural food supplements recommended to induce sleep without having any side effects. We recommend suitable supplements for the particular sickness or ailment.

For enquiries, you can reach us on whatsapp : 08164269252 for more details
Re: Please Help!!! I Dont Sleep by plantbased(m): 11:31am On Oct 04, 2019
Do your own research into CBD Oil and Insomnia.. Feel free to check my site out..

One is always grumpy, tired and unproductive in morning and through out.. I use CBD Oil. So, do my customers and we all agree. It's helped tremendously...

Glad you are seeking solutions.. Be well!
Re: Please Help!!! I Dont Sleep by eikechukwu8(m): 11:44am On Oct 04, 2019
SKhanmi:
I also suffered from insomnia for many years. Do like 600pushups before bed, then take a cold bath. If you have access to fresh palmwine,take it chilled. Let's see if you won't sleep. Another alternative is tin milk poured into a cold malt drink.
600pushups you are a joke
Re: Please Help!!! I Dont Sleep by SKhanmi: 12:55pm On Oct 04, 2019
eikechukwu8:
600pushups you are a joke

Just to do 50pushups 12times? The goal is to get drained of energy then take the soporific drink. Sleep like a baby
Re: Please Help!!! I Dont Sleep by eikechukwu8(m): 1:36pm On Oct 04, 2019
SKhanmi:

Just to do 50pushups 12times? The goal is to get drained of energy then take the soporific drink. Sleep like a baby
I just want to sleep not to die
Re: Please Help!!! I Dont Sleep by SKhanmi: 3:45pm On Oct 04, 2019
eikechukwu8:
I just want to sleep not to die

Lol, Okay, do it ya way bro. Just get sufficiently tired
Re: Please Help!!! I Dont Sleep by MedicH: 6:58pm On Oct 04, 2019
Davash222:
Ji masun.
We don’t even need to sleep in this country before Buhari sell this country. All man need to stay woke.

Lol oboy
Re: Please Help!!! I Dont Sleep by MedicH: 6:58pm On Oct 04, 2019
Can you list the drugs you've taken Sir
Re: Please Help!!! I Dont Sleep by Ijebusomaada: 12:27am On Oct 05, 2019
eikechukwu8:
Hi Nairalanders...

https://www.nairaland.com/5453845/experiencing-insomnia
Re: Please Help!!! I Dont Sleep by Alfred74: 12:48am On Oct 05, 2019
If you are suffering from insomnia, there are many steps you can take to change behaviors and lifestyle to help you get to sleep. Here are some tips for beating insomnia.

Wake up at the same time each day. It is tempting to sleep late on weekends, especially if you have had poor sleep during the week. However, if you suffer from insomnia you should get up at the same time every day in order to train your body to wake at a consistent time.
Eliminate alcohol and stimulants like nicotine and caffeine. The effects of caffeine can last for several hours, perhaps up to 24 hours, so the chances of it affecting sleep are significant. Caffeine may not only cause difficulty initiating sleep, but may also cause frequent awakenings. Alcohol may have a sedative effect for the first few hours following consumption, but it can then lead to frequent arousals and a non-restful night's sleep. If you are on medications that act as stimulants, such as decongestants or asthma inhalers, ask your doctor when they should best be taken to help minimize any affect on sleep.
Limit naps. While napping seems like a proper way to catch up on missed sleep, it is not always so. It is important to establish and maintain a regular sleep pattern and train oneself to associate sleep with cues like darkness and a consistent bedtime. Napping can affect the quality of nighttime sleep.
Exercise regularly. Regular exercise can improve sleep quality and duration. However, exercising immediately before bedtime can have a stimulant effect on the body and should be avoided. Try to finish exercising at least three hours before you plan to retire for the night.
Limit activities in bed. The bed is for sleeping and having sex and that's it. If you suffer from insomnia, do not balance the checkbook, study, or make phone calls, for example, while in bed or even in the bedroom, and avoid watching television or listening to the radio. All these activities can increase alertness and make it difficult to fall asleep.
Do not eat or drink right before going to bed. Eating a late dinner or snacking before going to bed can activate the digestive system and keep you up. If you suffer from gastroesophageal reflux (GERD) or heartburn, it is even more important to avoid eating and drinking right before bed since this can make your symptoms worse. In addition, drinking a lot of fluids prior to bed can overwhelm the bladder, requiring frequent visits to the bathroom that disturb your sleep.
Make your sleeping environment comfortable. Temperature, lighting, and noise should be controlled to make the bedroom conducive to falling (and staying) asleep. Your bed should feel comfortable and if you have a pet that sleeps in the room with you, consider having the pet sleep somewhere else if it tends to make noise in the night.
Get all your worrying over with before you go to bed. If you find you lay in bed thinking about tomorrow, consider setting aside a period of time -- perhaps after dinner -- to review the day and to make plans for the next day. The goal is to avoid doing these things while trying to fall asleep. It is also useful to make a list of, say, work-related tasks for the next day before leaving work. That, at least, eliminates one set of concerns.
Reduce stress. There are a number of relaxation therapies and stress reduction methods you may want to try to relax the mind and the body before going to bed. Examples include progressive muscle relaxation (perhaps with audio tapes), deep breathing techniques, imagery, meditation, and biofeedback.
Consider participating in cognitive therapy. Cognitive therapy helps some people with insomnia identify and correct inappropriate thoughts and beliefs that may contribute to insomnia. In addition, cognitive therapy can give you the proper information about sleep norms, age-related sleep changes, and help set reasonable sleep goals, among other things.

(1) (Reply)

How To Treat Glaucoma / Prof. J. B. Elusiyan, Cmac Oauthc Killed By Suspected Herdsmen / Coronavirus: Seewhere Lagos Govt. Would Be Keeping Those Affected By Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.