Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,125 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

Diamond Bank Has Refused To Refund Me Since 2015 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Diamond Bank Has Refused To Refund Me Since 2015 (357 Views)

Diamond Bank Introduces *426# USSD Code For Easy Banking / True Story Of Pensioner Who Was "Chased Away By Diamond Bank Manager" / Woman Loses N572,000 Pension In Her Diamond Bank Account To Fraudsters In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diamond Bank Has Refused To Refund Me Since 2015 by princemillla(m): 12:33pm On Oct 03, 2019
Hello peeps.
Pls I need help on how to tackle this issue.
Sometimes around june/July 2015 I mistakenly sent the sum of 40,000 to a diamond bank customer from my gtb mobile banking app.

Immediately I noticed this I called their customers care and was told they saw the transactions and I pleaded to pls help me block the fund which the the lady I spoke to after some days told me it's been blocked that I should make a recall via my bank.
I went to gtb to make recall but was meant to understand that the fund is not in their jurisdiction that it had been sent.

I called diamond again to complain nothing was done but series of excuses. I went to almost all the branches in alimosho same story. At a point I gave up on the money but every time I remember it hurt me alot. How can someone just eat my 40k like that.

So Nairalander I need help on how to tackle this issue.
Imagine since 2015

Thank you
Re: Diamond Bank Has Refused To Refund Me Since 2015 by praise010(m): 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2019
Banks have no power to unilaterally debit another customer. It can only recall the fund if the beneficiary of the transfer gives a written authorisation or if you serve them a court order.
Re: Diamond Bank Has Refused To Refund Me Since 2015 by princemillla(m): 2:21pm On Oct 03, 2019
praise010:
Banks have no power to unilaterally debit another customer. It can only recall the fund if the beneficiary of the transfer gives a written authorisation or if you serve them a court order.

What do you think I can do pls
Re: Diamond Bank Has Refused To Refund Me Since 2015 by praise010(m): 5:17pm On Oct 03, 2019
princemillla:

What do you think I can do pls

Confirm from your Bank if the money is still held in the Beneficiary account.

Apply for a Court Order in a Magistrate Court (you will be needing a lawyer for this )
Re: Diamond Bank Has Refused To Refund Me Since 2015 by princemillla(m): 7:11pm On Oct 03, 2019
praise010:

Confirm from your Bank if the money is still held in the Beneficiary account.

Apply for a Court Order in a Magistrate Court (you will be needing a lawyer for this )

Thank you bros.....I appreciate. I will work towards this

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The Top 10 Poorest State In Nigeria / . / Paypal Fund Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.