Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,741 members, 7,831,365 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods (28124 Views)

Elections: Why Sitting Presidents Lose Aso Rock / When Obj’s Open Letters Against Sitting Presidents Become Outdated / Bishop Alex Ibezim To Buhari: "Stop Treating Herdsmen As Kinsmen" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by Pavarottii(m): 7:40pm On Oct 03, 2019
Nthrone:

As long as Igbo's dey this country, DAT one no fit happen. trust me on this,
Have u seen igbos protest against Nigeria after civil war.. Their protest is for succession not better governance.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by Adams12345: 7:59pm On Oct 03, 2019
God bless former president Jonathan, a leader in deed.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by CioAngels(f): 8:08pm On Oct 03, 2019
The British will continue to support them because they can be easily manipulated because of their slave royalty which they still collect. The case of Pa Gowon which they supported because they can manipulate pa Gowon because Pa Ojukwu was too educated, an Oxford graduate.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by OlawaleBammie: 8:20pm On Oct 03, 2019
Commentor:

It is no longer Boko Haram or herdsmen or RUGA?
But??!??!??!??!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by Yusman316(m): 8:25pm On Oct 03, 2019
Those of u referencing this message to Buhari, I hope u know GEJ is talking generally about African leaders. Buhari has not exceeded his legally given mandate, so this can't be applied to him yet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by brownbib(m): 8:37pm On Oct 03, 2019
GOD BLESS GEJ.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by Nthrone(m): 8:37pm On Oct 03, 2019
Pavarottii:

Have u seen igbos protest against Nigeria after civil war.. Their protest is for succession not better governance.

That will fuel the protest, those Igbo that are not interested in the succession will be forced to join, nothing unites more than a common enemy.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by Insectkiller: 9:06pm On Oct 03, 2019
Naija leaders rulers should borrow leav from d Western world.

British PM will board a train like every other citizen.. they will carry their bags themselves..

These are characteristics of a healthy, lovely and responsible leaders...

But here in Naija. It's different. U will see bodyguards, fully armed as if going to WAR..

What a dark ages d African leaders rulers are still in

May God deliver us from African leaders rulers

shocked
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by Fitz22(f): 9:09pm On Oct 03, 2019
Pavarottii:
Wen I tell people that buhari will go another tenure... They think am mad... Mark my words in this day... Buhari will rule another tenure(the both chambers av never been keenly contested the way this was contested, that apc even had to infritrate the minority whips meant for pdp and as for the judiciary u know the story) ... U people think it's easy to relinquish power or u think GEJ doesn't know what he is saying?, maybe u have not tested power before den... I av and I know how it feels... Wen he has us, uk and Saudi Arabia backing him...

If only Nigerians know Wat we have entered... Its unfortunate but it's d reality... We must face it and bare it... We need like another extra 4 years of buhari before we will come out of shell and do a real protest against this govt. Right now the people of the West that ganged up with the North... Will even be the first to burn theirselves... And Mark this word again... Anybody expecting sowore to come out any time soon... U must be on a bicycl3..

Am not a prophet... But remember this quotes I av made...
Just a small info... The kaduna mafia( The cabal) dambazau, babachir, daura, funtua, buratai. Mongonu, elrufai, the sokoto caliphate, abba kyari, Hamid ali, salami etc... They are the ones that even the elites in the North have been avoiding(because they know say their own no good).. They kept them away from power for a long time... Buhari has been contesting for power since 2003 till 2015, why didn't he win.. If he was that popular.. Cos they av been keeping dem away... Even obj tried to keep tinubu from power..because he knows this one's their conscience is dead... If yaradua did not die, they won't av smell power... But because of their greed. And the born to rule ideology the British colonist gave them , that a ss or se man should not be President den agreed to join forces back with this mafias and the west(tinubu)... And that's how Buhari came to power... And after 2019, they av pushed those northern elites who av been avoiding dem, markarfi, atiku, obj, ty danjuma, markarfi, saraki, shekarau, kwankwaso etc back to pdp... And now they are in charge... So don't expect abba kyari to leave anytime soon.. They are going back to the military way... Doesn't it surprise u how they disobey court orders or av u seen a successful orotest against this govt? ... They av installed fear in Nigerians by using life bullets to disperse protests... All we do now is murmur, hide behind d internet to talk, no one can come out to talk again... That's their plan... U wonder why all taxes. Are increasing, till gate back... They still av more for us
.. Watch out.. Its gonna be long ride of sorrow, suffering and blood...

Who saw Wat abba kyari did to head of service... Oyo ita.. That's what will happen to anyone that opposes...

God will save this nation, dont giveup.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by Chu2k2: 9:10pm On Oct 03, 2019
Pavarottii:
Wen I tell people that buhari will go another tenure... They think am mad... Mark my words in this day... Buhari will rule another tenure(the both chambers av never been keenly contested the way this was contested, that apc even had to infritrate the minority whips meant for pdp and as for the judiciary u know the story) ... U people think it's easy to relinquish power or u think GEJ doesn't know what he is saying?, maybe u have not tested power before den... I av and I know how it feels... Wen he has us, uk and Saudi Arabia backing
hjim...

If only Nigerians know Wat we have entered... Its unfortunate but it's d reality... We must face it and bare it... We need like another extra 4 years of buhari before we will come out of shell and do a real protest against this govt. Right now the people of the West that ganged up with the North... Will even be the first to burn theirselves... And Mark this word again... Anybody expecting sowore to come out any time soon... U must be on a bicycl3..

Just a small info... The kaduna mafia( The cabal) dambazau, babachir, daura, funtua, buratai. Mongonu, elrufai, the sokoto caliphate, abba kyari, Hamid ali, salami etc... They are the ones that even the elites in the North have been avoiding(because they know say their own no good).. They kept them away from power for a long time... Buhari has been contesting for power since 2003 till 2015, why didn't he win.. If he was that popular.. Cos they av been keeping dem away... Even obj tried to keep tinubu from power..because he knows this one's their conscience is dead... If yaradua did not die, they won't av smell power... But because of their greed. And the born to rule ideology the British colonist gave them , that a ss or se man should not be President den agreed to join forces back with this mafias and the west(tinubu)... And that's how Buhari came to power... And after 2019, they av pushed those northern elites who av been avoiding dem, markarfi, atiku, obj, ty danjuma, markarfi, saraki, shekarau, kwankwaso etc back to pdp... And now they are in charge... So don't expect abba kyari to leave anytime soon.. They are going back to the military way... Doesn't it surprise u how they disobey court orders or av u seen a successful orotest against this govt? ... They av installed fear in Nigerians by using life bullets to disperse protests... All we do now is murmur, hide behind d internet to talk, no one can come out to talk again... That's their plan... U wonder why all taxes. Are increasing, till gate back... They still av more for us
Who saw Wat abba kyari did to head of service... Oyo ita.. That's what will happen to anyone that opposes...
Dude is an insider but disguised on nairaland...
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by juman(m): 9:14pm On Oct 03, 2019
The clueless jonathan.
His government exposed his "freedom fighter" ijaw people.

He ran a very corrupt government.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by juman(m): 9:16pm On Oct 03, 2019
Another president is coming in 2023.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by Kuginzi: 9:24pm On Oct 03, 2019
First; it is Buhari can never win this erection
Now; it is, don't take sitting president as God
Una no de tire?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by 02Kebreal(m): 9:26pm On Oct 03, 2019
Pavarottii:
Wen I tell people that buhari will go another tenure... They think am mad... Mark my words in this day... Buhari will rule another tenure(the both chambers av never been keenly contested the way this was contested, that apc even had to infritrate the minority whips meant for pdp and as for the judiciary u know the story) ... U people think it's easy to relinquish power or u think GEJ doesn't know what he is saying?, maybe u have not tested power before den... I av and I know how it feels... Wen he has us, uk and Saudi Arabia backing him...

What exactly are you saying?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by orisa37: 9:34pm On Oct 03, 2019
You're right Mr. President . It's these illiterate retired Brutes that want to turn Nigerians into Slaves and Almajiris. They import Bokoharam, Fulani Herdsmen, Bandits and all sorts of criminnals to make Nigeria a Terrorists' zone. No one worships them as gods. They misconstrue the Constitution to make themselves think they are thin-gods. Have you quickly forgotten that they sent Bokoharam after you in Jos in 2015? Bokoharam and all of their Sponsors will perish soon IJN AMEN.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by SirBunky85(m): 9:57pm On Oct 03, 2019
Pavarottii:

nonsense conspiracy theory

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by Osasunivic: 10:09pm On Oct 03, 2019
God's wisdom is in you Mr Ex president
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by adeolakemi: 10:42pm On Oct 03, 2019
Luciferlove:
DSS over to you angry angry angry
fuel scarcity looming
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by Nasir123(m): 10:48pm On Oct 03, 2019
Pavarottii:

Forgot all this story and think of something better.
Buhari will never dare.

We have to stop all this unnecessary distractions

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by emmanuelgon: 10:55pm On Oct 03, 2019
Pavarottii:

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by Boyooosa(m): 11:35pm On Oct 03, 2019
Pavarottii:

I mean on ministerial inaugauratio... Who even read his presidential speech?
pls quote and indicate the VP's reference. God bless u as u do.
Thanx.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by Staro: 12:14am On Oct 04, 2019
Gbam
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by dona4real(m): 12:32am On Oct 04, 2019
Shedding buhari led government..
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by felixedet(m): 3:06am On Oct 04, 2019
Tell the dumb pawns sir, lots of Nigerians enjoy servitude, they enjoy a life of subjection, looking up to others, I wonder where this weakness came from...is it from years of slavery and colonization?

Thank God not all of us were too keen to sell ourselves as slaves, in those slave era, the colonizers had to wage a full blown war, before they can penetrate into some of our lands, so I think sometimes it's about blood line and heritage. How can a people become servants to their public servants?
See true democracy in action in America and UK, see how the people are tasking and stretching their political workers, Trump and Boris Johnson, those guys are sweating in their pants, because they understand that in democracy, the people is the master, and politicians are public servants...it took a politician to even loud it out into their zombie heads l. I give up on Naija's people case :

You made a lot of sense........
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by vivvyo(m): 4:45am On Oct 04, 2019
"God cannot leave power"
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by Princewell2012(m): 7:04am On Oct 04, 2019
Commentor:

https://www.africanews.com/2019/10/03/nigeria-presidency-says-buhari-will-not-seek-unconstitutional-3rd-term/

Satisfied?

The link says unconstitutional? What if they changed the constitution through the law?

Thanks.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by Commentor: 7:13am On Oct 04, 2019
Princewell2012:

The link says unconstitutional? What if they changed the constitution through the law?

Thanks.

From the same response:

‘‘There are NO circumstances, nor set of circumstances, under which President Buhari may seek to amend the Constitution regarding the two-term term limit on holding office as President,

I'll tell you one thing.

This dark cloud that many Nigerians have decided to have over their heads is what would punish Nigerians until they see clearly.

This incessant need to always misconstrue, misinterpret and misinform would always come back to bite.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by jaxxy(m): 8:00am On Oct 04, 2019
“Let’s create an environment where people will believe there’s life after office. That if you leave office you should not be persecuted,” he said.

“The way we manage ourselves as sitting presidents and former presidents matter. The first line is to reduce what will make a sitting president afraid to leave office.

“Africans sometimes, we are our own problem because we always think our presidents are little gods. That somebody is president does not mean he is God. We have a tradition of praise-singing. We tend to give our presidents name they don’t deserve.

I agree completely bt even Jonathan’s sycophants in Aso then sang his praises then or didn’t they? I will like Jonathan to talk about Corruption for 1 min. I just need to know his current mindset.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by themanderon: 8:00am On Oct 04, 2019
Commentor:

You guys never tire.

A few months ago, it was Buhari can never win 2nd term.

Now it is Buhari would get a 3rd term despite his office coming out to debunk the thoughts.

Sorry but you are the daft one here who believes what these demons always say. When obasanjo tried third term did his presidency not deny it and yet they were making underground moves to do same, if not that we had some senators who stopped him he would have off cause succeeded.
Today They have both house, the security apparatus, and the rubber stamp judiciary under their control so who can stop them? The emasculated masses?
When Osinbajo was saying buhari will bring millions out of poverty in 10yrs while its obvious he only had 4yrs left you think it was a mistake?
Open your eyes and don't let another man think for you.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by Commentor: 8:07am On Oct 04, 2019
themanderon:

[s]Sorry but you are the daft one here who believes what these demons always say. When obasanjo tried third term did his presidency not deny it and yet they were making underground moves to do same, if not that we had some senators who stopped him he would have off cause succeeded.
Today They have both house, the security apparatus, and the rubber stamp judiciary under their control so who can stop them? The emasculated masses? [/s]
[s]When Osinbajo was saying buhari will bring millions out of poverty in 10yrs while its obvious he only had 4yrs left you think it was a mistake?
Open your eyes and don't let another man think for you[/s].

Your father must be the daft one.

If you find him tell him I said so.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by themanderon: 8:11am On Oct 04, 2019
Commentor:

Your father must be the daft one.

If you find him tell him I said so.

May the evil you support today find you out tomorrow you son of Belial.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Stop Treating Sitting Presidents Like Gods by Commentor: 8:12am On Oct 04, 2019
themanderon:

May the evil you support today find you out tomorrow you son of Belial.

Let's talk about your father for a minute.

Next time you would know how to address someone.

In case you don't, bring your father for flogging.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Fails To Resume Office On Friday / Lagos State Government's Statement On Attempt To Evict Residents Of Magodo / Spotlight On Wike’s Endless Search For Prayers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.