Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Find Out Internet Reception Based On Location In Nigeria (and Give Yours) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Find Out Internet Reception Based On Location In Nigeria (and Give Yours) (695 Views)

Gtb Declined My Transaction On Aliexpress. Based On Card Limit / Why Some Phones Have Better Network Reception Than Others? / Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Find Out Internet Reception Based On Location In Nigeria (and Give Yours) by dsweetest(m): 6:05pm On Oct 03, 2019
Everyone has experienced bad (or extremely bad) internet at some time in Nigeria.

However, just saying that a network is bad does not sum up what is really happening on that network, as for a particular network, the strength and speed varies greatly from location to location.

Let's open this thread as a reference for people from all over Nigeria (and even those who want to visit) to know what network is best for them to go for when visiting or moving to different parts of the country, when they are considering which better network to buy, and also to encourage the networks to know in what locations they are not doing well.

USAGE

1. Check the date of the user report when assessing it, as speed/quality of networks can change wildly over time.
2. Contribute your own report please, with more reports, the thread will get more powerful and helpful.
3. Let's keep the discussion focused on the topic. DO NOT discuss or argue outside giving reports please. A person's report is his/her report. They have a right to their own views. DO NOT argue with anyone. Just give yours to counter theirs instead.

GIVING REPORTS

1. Give only reports on networks you have PERSONALLY USED, at least for a month, in a particular area. DO NOT give reports on hearsay.
2. This report platform is entirely location-based. Do not just say 'Lagos', or 'Abuja'. We need PARTICULAR AREAS within cities and towns, not just the whole town please.
3. You can give reports with details when you are travelling too. However, make sure you mention from where to where you were travelling, the network, and the percentage you rate it in particular locations.
4. Give your reports in PERCENTAGES ONLY TO AVOID CONFUSION. DO NOT insult or advertise any company please. We are not here for that. We are here just to help each other and others.
Give your ratings the following way (this is just an example):

SMILE: 80%
MTN: 60%
GLO: 50%

Then you can go on to give details of the time of day, 3G/4G, etc.

5. Let's try and keep this thread ON POINT and powerful please. It will be a great help to us and to others.

God bless.

Let's go!!
Re: Find Out Internet Reception Based On Location In Nigeria (and Give Yours) by Kingsean(m): 7:29pm On Oct 03, 2019

MTN is very strong around here. I'll give MTN 80%

Airtel is terrible here. Its hell... Even on 3G it fumbles big time. 30% for airtel. Its only good at midnight
Re: Find Out Internet Reception Based On Location In Nigeria (and Give Yours) by dsweetest(m): 5:59pm On Oct 04, 2019
Thanks @Kingsean

1 Like

Re: Find Out Internet Reception Based On Location In Nigeria (and Give Yours) by dsweetest(m): 8:07am On Oct 12, 2019
For Owode/Mile 12

Glo: 25%
Etisalat: 35%
Smile: 50%
MTN: 89%

Data speeds are generally not good in this area, but I found MTN is doing a very good job right now.

I try various networks because I use data for my biz.

The last time I tried Airtel, it was a sorry experience.

(1) (Reply)

Super Clean Iphone 6 Up For Grab @ 50k / Samsung Trademarks “space Zoom”; Could Be A Possible Feature Of The Galaxy S11 / Please Help Me With A Good Smart Watch Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.