Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,780 members, 7,831,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

The Oldest Living Tortise In The World Is Finally Dead At 344 Years - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Oldest Living Tortise In The World Is Finally Dead At 344 Years (900 Views)

The Oldest Living Tree In Africa Which Had A Bar Inside Its Trunk / What's The Oldest Tribe In Nigeria Between Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa / Nigeria's Royal Tortoise Said To Have Lived To The Age Of 344 In Oyo State (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Oldest Living Tortise In The World Is Finally Dead At 344 Years by HiztoryBox(m): 8:12pm On Oct 03, 2019
The Oldest living Tortise in the world is Finally dead. 'Alagba' Lived 344-years in the palace of Oba Oladunni Oyewumi the Soun of Ogbomoso.

Striking a Pose is Nigeria Famous Historian,DrRaphaelJames

Tourism industry will miss #Alagba greatly

Click here to read https://twitter.com/HiztoryBox/status/1179835805998764037

Follow https://www.hiztorybox.com.ng/ for Historical contents on Nigeria

Re: The Oldest Living Tortise In The World Is Finally Dead At 344 Years by theomoscoboy: 8:19pm On Oct 03, 2019
shocked
Re: The Oldest Living Tortise In The World Is Finally Dead At 344 Years by PharmaGirl(f): 8:20pm On Oct 03, 2019
RIP cunning one embarassed.
Re: The Oldest Living Tortise In The World Is Finally Dead At 344 Years by GuestLog: 8:21pm On Oct 03, 2019
angry
Oldest?
Who verified that fact?

I used to know a tortoise in Kano zoo that looked bigger than this. It was said to be aged around 400 years old. Which I don't believe.

Tortoise don't grow that old. The current oldest tortoise in the world is named Jonathan aged 189. You can find more info HERE
Re: The Oldest Living Tortise In The World Is Finally Dead At 344 Years by HiztoryBox(m): 8:26pm On Oct 03, 2019
No Pls, It was verfied

GuestLog:
angry
Oldest?
Who verified that fact?

I used to know a tortoise in Kano zoo that looked bigger than this. It was aged around 400 years old.
Re: The Oldest Living Tortise In The World Is Finally Dead At 344 Years by GuestLog: 8:31pm On Oct 03, 2019
HiztoryBox:
No Pls, It was verfied

I don't trust Nigerian fact findings. No one travelled round the world to verify facts. A local Chief sits in his palace and named his pet oldest in the world for the sake of clout.

Please spare me the charade.
Re: The Oldest Living Tortise In The World Is Finally Dead At 344 Years by HiztoryBox(m): 8:33pm On Oct 03, 2019
Why don't you make your research on this first of all before your conclusion

GuestLog:
I don't trust Nigerian fact findings. No one travelled round the world to verify facts. A local Chief sits in his palace and named his pet oldest in the world for the sake of clout.

Please spare me the charade.
Re: The Oldest Living Tortise In The World Is Finally Dead At 344 Years by Aladdin1(m): 8:57pm On Oct 03, 2019
bye bye old and wise tortoise. R.I.P. you lived a good life in bringing a feeling of marvel,awe,delight and fun to those who came to see you while you were alive.you would be missed now you are gone. unlike one old and dull ancestral spirit that calls himself the president of nigerians.that one wont most certainly be missed when he's gone.
Re: The Oldest Living Tortise In The World Is Finally Dead At 344 Years by NairalandSARS: 6:05pm On Oct 07, 2019
How the meat go taste like?
Re: The Oldest Living Tortise In The World Is Finally Dead At 344 Years by Tajbol4splend(m): 8:18pm On Oct 07, 2019
Alagba

(1) (Reply)

Name Of Domestic Animals In Urhobo Part 1- Odẹ Erhavwe Uwevwi Evun Urhobo Ẹbẹre / Whats This Mean: / Please Someone Help Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.