Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,245 members, 7,811,688 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues (15555 Views)

The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know / 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know / 17 First Aid Items Drivers Should Have In Their Cars - FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues by Godspower35(m): 3:07am On Oct 04, 2019
Cars will always develop problems. That is inevitable. The sooner you accept this fact, the better, as you do not have to worry about car problems. Imagine your car like any other mechanical or electrical device. It is not immune to a breakdown.

Closing your eyes to car problems is a problem in itself, as the small issues get worse over time, you will be forced to spend a lot more money on issues that could easily be fixed with a few amount of money.

Here are 10 common problems with the car you should look out for:

Consumption of too much oil

Oil is a liquid that keeps your car alive. With this understanding, you realize how vital it is. But here's the thing, the whole idea is defeated when your car begins to consume excess oil. A large part of the oil is lost after it has consumed the required amount.

If oil problems occur, the oil lamp lights up on your dashboard. But that only happens when the problem gets serious. Do not wait until it happens. Check the oil tank regularly. Use the dipstick to measure the oil level and top it up when the recommended level is exceeded.

A car without oil leads to engine corrosion - this is because oil lubricates engine parts and allows a smooth flow. If no oil is added, it will cause cracks in some of these engine parts due to friction.

Wear and Tear

It is not uncommon for a car to wear off. The most expensive and durable cars develop these problems over time. The longer a car is used, the more likely it is to wear out. These are signs that the car's biological clock is ticking. It becomes a problem when they occur too soon and frequently. If you come in contact with too many tears, you should get an expert opinion.

Uneven tyre wear

Car tyres are changed regularly. After they have lived their lifespan, they start to wear off. There is nothing wrong with that. However, if your tyres are worn too often and unevenly, this indicates a persistent problem.

The weight of a car should rest on all four tyres so that everyone can carry it. If the suspension is misaligned, the weight will move toward a specific area, making it heavier. As a result, the tyres wear faster in this particular area than in other areas.

Radiation leaks

Radiation leakage problems are often caused by corrosion. Dealing with the corrosion itself solves the problem automatically. Contaminated oil, poor maintenance and manufacturing defects can negatively affect corrosion.

When the first leak occurs, you should know that it continues to occur. Repairing the radiator is not a good idea, as it can hardly be repaired properly. The best solution is to have it replaced. It is dangerous to drive a car that has problems with the radiator leakage. Your engine can not only overheat, but also be set on fire.

Worn brake pads

A number of problems with the car can be solved, but the brakes are not on this list. If your brake pads are bad, it is enough to say that your car is generally bad because it is dangerous to put a car with bad brakes on the road.
As a rule, the brakes are regularly maintained. In this way, you can identify problems before they fully manifest themselves or worsen to more serious problems. Do not wait until your brakes reach the point of total failure, as this can happen on the highway and the consequences are dangerous.

Problems with the emission system

The exhaust system includes tools that help your car minimize environmental pollution while functioning effectively. Some of these tools are very sensitive and can easily lead to problems. One of them is the oxygen sensor. The sensor informs the engine of the amount of oxygen to be added to the fuel mixture. If it is defective, the car engine starts to bother.

Transmission problems

The gearbox is used for speed control. Basically, the power generated by the engine is converted to torque for use of the wheels. Transmission gears wear off over time, which makes shifting gears problematic. Have it checked soon enough, because fixing a total failure is very costly.

Transmission oil leakage

The gearbox uses fluid for lubrication. In cars with automatic transmission, the fluid is also used as a coolant. If the gearbox is used over time, holes may be created that lead to leaks. Through these holes fluid leaks out that is to be used in the car, resulting in a defect.

Dead Battery

When the battery runs out, you can not do much with your car. If you leave the device switched on for too long, the battery will be discharged. Sometimes a jump is all you need to fix it, and sometimes you need a replacement.

Starter problems

If starting your car takes too long, there may be a problem with the starter. There is no reason to worry as the starter can be easily repaired - if you do not let it linger too long and degenerate.

LAST WORDS

The remedy for common car problems is early detection. Therefore, routine maintenance is recommended. Have your car checked regularly to find out about the condition.

Source:
http://www.eliancars.com/2019/10/drivers-should-be-observant-of-these-10.html
[img]https://1.bp..com/-pmsD4x5dElA/XZamtNQ5XTI/AAAAAAAADC0/MCCNwTkCLQoJIOLzWlnClGj27IHJm6JOQCLcBGAsYHQ/s320/man%2Bseeing%2B2.jpg[/img]

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues by cenaman(m): 4:00am On Oct 04, 2019
You can avoid all the above mention by doing weekly maintainance.

1 Like

Re: Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues by Freemanbobble: 11:28am On Oct 04, 2019
Who get time to dey check car regularly
Just drive the car

If he break down you repair
If he nor break down then continue to drive am

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues by wonuks(m): 11:29am On Oct 04, 2019
Thanks
Re: Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues by phoexix: 11:29am On Oct 04, 2019
Re: Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues by DXNNigeria: 11:29am On Oct 04, 2019
Nice article
Re: Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues by kaykeys(m): 11:30am On Oct 04, 2019
@Eliancars, thanks for the info
Re: Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:30am On Oct 04, 2019
The remedy for common car problems is early detection. Therefore, routine maintenance is recommended. Have your car checked regularly to find out about the condition.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues by one1prax(m): 11:30am On Oct 04, 2019
thanks for this article, i'll certainly be on the look out. thanks again

get your website/blog for 12k only, contct - see signature
Re: Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues by Godspower35(m): 11:31am On Oct 04, 2019
kaykeys:
@Eliancars, thanks for the info
Thanks alot sir
Re: Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues by akinreals: 11:31am On Oct 04, 2019
cenaman:
weekly maintenance about? Okay continuuuu
Re: Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues by Onyi90(m): 11:34am On Oct 04, 2019
cenaman:

Re: Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues by Gwagone: 11:38am On Oct 04, 2019
I don't have a car

TeamOride

TeamGokada

TeamMax
Re: Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues by ekaette1621: 11:49am On Oct 04, 2019
wetin Ekaette no go see for kitchen
Re: Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues by uuzba(m): 11:53am On Oct 04, 2019
This is Africa. The weather hear is harsh. Your car is made of metal and plastic.
These materials will wear faster in this climate.
If it can last 20 years in European climate, which is cool/cold, it will last 10 years under our hot sun, heavy rain and dusty/sandy ground.
Just do weekly maintenance as someone said above, to get the best out of your car
Re: Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues by flinton(m): 11:55am On Oct 04, 2019
cenaman:
Wen u say weekly maintenance, what does it entail?
Re: Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues by flinton(m): 11:55am On Oct 04, 2019
cenaman:
Wen u say weekly maintenance, what does it entails?
Re: Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues by uuzba(m): 11:57am On Oct 04, 2019
flinton:

Wen u say weekly maintenance, what does it entails?
Check tires, Do a visual inspection.
All especially all those plastic parts under the car that wade into water all over this our country.
Rust starts from the metal parts exposed there.
Re: Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues by RevengeNimi(m): 12:17pm On Oct 04, 2019
post=82829349:

You suddenly turned to mechanic abi...?

Ok o.

My Honda Accord 2014 model is having a misfiring problem.

Is there any solution to that...?
kiss kiss kiss

Who go give you car to fix...
You go think say na suya put pepper and salt for the engine lo ba tan.

Aboki oni suya!

1 Like

Re: Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues by moscobabs(m): 1:01pm On Oct 04, 2019
Godspower35 and other Auto gurus

Pls I imported a Nissan Quest 2000 since 2014 as Tokunbo

Till date I have not drove additional 2000 miles, I never change brake pad,transmission oil,power steering oil only changed the engine oil whenever I service it. I have changed the fan twice cos it has a single fan but the only problem I have with it is overheating, the fan can't stay long bfre it will start mafuntioning. I can't drive from Sango to Oshodi bfre the fuse will burn.

Pls is there anything I have to do?
Re: Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues by JudgeOGBUNABALI(m): 1:04pm On Oct 04, 2019
For Aba people only.

Do not drive during Rainy Season ... Make more use of Canoe, sorry I mean Keke.
Re: Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues by nonix22(m): 1:23pm On Oct 04, 2019
that one na some Mumsy dem way be that
Freemanbobble:
Who get time to dey check car regularly
Just drive the car

If he break down you repair
If he nor break down then continue to drive am
Re: Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues by Godspower35(m): 3:50pm On Oct 04, 2019
moscobabs:
Godspower35 and other Auto gurus

Pls I imported a Nissan Quest 2000 since 2014 as Tokunbo

Till date I have not drove additional 2000 miles, I never change brake pad,transmission oil,power steering oil only changed the engine oil whenever I service it. I have changed the fan twice cos it has a single fan but the only problem I have with it is overheating, the fan can't stay long bfre it will start mafuntioning. I can't drive from Sango to Oshodi bfre the fuse will burn.

Pls is there anything I have to do?
Please call/WhatsApp: godspower35 on 08060260382

1 Like

Re: Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues by waaclef(m): 5:48pm On Oct 04, 2019
Do frequent checks on the radiator water/level of coolant,check the engine oil and transmission fluid and also the Tyre pressure .
Routine servicing like changing oil at intervals depending on usage ,don't forget to change the spark plugs after sometime.
pay attention to any abnormal stuff and deal with immediately before it becomes a major issue.
Re: Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues by Torresy: 9:19pm On Oct 04, 2019
Please my own is Siena, each time am steaming d car or am parked to talk to someone, d fuel gauge will b showing red sign as per no fuel, no matter d amount of fuel I put, but when am moving, it will rise again but not immediately. What could b causing it pls.

(1) (Reply)

A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) / Symptoms Of Water In A Car's Petrol Tank And Ways To Fix It / Elon Musk Reveals What Will Happen If TESLA Gets Hacked !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.