Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

‘69% Of Prisoners Awaiting Trials In Nigeria’ - Lawyers Without Boarders - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ‘69% Of Prisoners Awaiting Trials In Nigeria’ - Lawyers Without Boarders (4912 Views)

Finally My Dad Has Been Granted Bail After 8 Years Of Awaiting Trial. / Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers / Rare Photo Of Prisoners Sleeping At Kirikiri Maximum Security Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘69% Of Prisoners Awaiting Trials In Nigeria’ - Lawyers Without Boarders by Ryan03(f): 10:18am On Oct 04, 2019
ornicus:
The work of Ryan03 gang.
There was a prison decongestion exercise in 2006 that went nowhere. They just chopped money. My wife went round several states in the Midwest to identify prisoners that could be released.

If you are poor, all you need to do is be in a fight, be arrested and have no one to bail you out. You will be forgotten in the system in less than a month.
if I say you are senseless now it will seem like an insult but in truth I am trying to make you have sense. So na police dey in charge of prison? Stupid boy grin
Re: ‘69% Of Prisoners Awaiting Trials In Nigeria’ - Lawyers Without Boarders by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 04, 2019
Ryan03:
if I say you are senseless now it will seem like an insult but in truth I am trying to make you have sense. So na police dey in charge of prison? Stupid boy grin

How dem enter? Abi na prisons officers arrest them? tongue
Re: ‘69% Of Prisoners Awaiting Trials In Nigeria’ - Lawyers Without Boarders by juman(m): 10:30am On Oct 04, 2019
Aregbesola oooooooo.
Fear God.
Re: ‘69% Of Prisoners Awaiting Trials In Nigeria’ - Lawyers Without Boarders by Ryan03(f): 10:32am On Oct 04, 2019
ornicus:

How dem enter? Abi na prisons officers arrest them? tongue
just tell me to explain to you, you wont die if you accept that you don't know
Re: ‘69% Of Prisoners Awaiting Trials In Nigeria’ - Lawyers Without Boarders by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 04, 2019
Ryan03:
just tell me to explain to you, you wont die if you accept that you don't know

My wife is a lawyer. I understand very well smiley
Re: ‘69% Of Prisoners Awaiting Trials In Nigeria’ - Lawyers Without Boarders by Ryan03(f): 10:39am On Oct 04, 2019
ornicus:

My wife is a lawyer. I understand very well smiley
just see your life, your wife is a lawyer and you are this dumb? Why didn't your wife stand for the accused and defend their case when police stood as prosecutor? If she did that and still lost then I wonder the nonsense you are spewing unless your wife is a social media lawyer
Re: ‘69% Of Prisoners Awaiting Trials In Nigeria’ - Lawyers Without Boarders by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 04, 2019
Ryan03:
just see your life, your wife is a lawyer and you are this dumb? Why didn't your wife stand for the accused and defend their case when police stood as prosecutor? If she did that and still lost then I wonder the nonsense you are spewing unless your wife is a social media lawyer

Dummy. There was a program to decongest the prisons in 2006.my wife handled some of the cases. Basically cleaning the mess the men in black made of the lives of Innocent Nigerians who could not settle.
Re: ‘69% Of Prisoners Awaiting Trials In Nigeria’ - Lawyers Without Boarders by Ryan03(f): 10:53am On Oct 04, 2019
ornicus:

Dummy. There was a program to decongest the prisons in 2006.my wife handled some of the cases. Basically cleaning the mess the men in black made of the lives of Innocent Nigerians who could not settle.

if she had defended their case, she won't need to decongest cell. Since you refuse to ask for help, being a good Samaritan, I will help without you asking grin police establish a case against you, take the case to court after investigation that you are guilty of the crime. They present all their findings to the court, a lawyer stand for the accuse to defend his case. It is left for the judge to decide after proper examination if the accuse is guilty or not. If he can't conclude due to plea of not guilty by the accused and its a bailable offence, he grants bail conditions to the accused, if he can't meet bail conditions, he will be remanded. If it is not a bailable offence, he will be remanded in jail without option of bail till he can be proven not guilty by his lawyer. So wetin concern police inside again? Now say thank you to your teacher tongue
Re: ‘69% Of Prisoners Awaiting Trials In Nigeria’ - Lawyers Without Boarders by Reucy(f): 2:48pm On Oct 04, 2019
IamYorubanza:
The Nigerian Judiciary/Legal system is still in a deep Rot...
I would suggest that NIGERIAN PRISONS should have a special court to judge SUSPECTS(not yet convicted by law) that have overstayed due to over adjournment of cases in prison cos thats also part of the reason the prisons are highly congested.... you will see a cell meant for 4 only people filled up with morthan 30 inmates....Haba!

I concur to this.
Even the idea of telling an Atp to pay a particular sum before he/she can be conveyed to court just further exposes the criminal Justice system to ridicule. The state of the building is even as bad as anything you can think of.
Re: ‘69% Of Prisoners Awaiting Trials In Nigeria’ - Lawyers Without Boarders by Mryacks: 5:13pm On Oct 04, 2019
Asowebdesign:
Very Sad

So sad mahn...imagine being in prison for years without a proper trial or worse still innocent.. cry
Re: ‘69% Of Prisoners Awaiting Trials In Nigeria’ - Lawyers Without Boarders by tck2000(m): 3:37pm On Oct 13, 2019
eYah

(1) (2) (Reply)

Paid To Do It, But Fails To Make His Friend's Wife Pregnant After 72 Attempts / Animals In The East / Bet9ja Defrauding Customers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.