Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,008 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam (26283 Views)

Perekeme Richard Kpodo For Raping A Girl In His Hotel, Arraigned In Court / Yetunde Akilapa Arraigned In Court For Theft (Photo) / Maryam Sanda Weeps, Arraigned In Court For Killing Her Husband, Bilyaminu Bello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by Gwagone: 1:56pm On Oct 04, 2019
immortalityk:
Yorubas are just too tech savvy
Yorubas and tech
I dey tell you
Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 04, 2019
Yoruba again ?? grin
Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by engrchykae(m): 1:58pm On Oct 04, 2019
nature has a way of addressing its problems,the west have been stealing from africa and somehow they are being duped to make amends,balancing of equations.
EVERY EQUATION MUST BE BALANCED.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by etimesin(m): 1:58pm On Oct 04, 2019
GidifeedNews:

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj.com/news/2019/10/hacker-targeted-us-government-workers-in-scam-that-stole-1m-feds-say.html%3foutputType=amp

He's a useless boy. They are just destroying the name of their country out there.
Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 04, 2019
immortalityk:
Yorubas and tech

He is a tech savvy THIEF !

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 04, 2019
engrchykae:
nature has a way of addressing its problems,the west have been stealing from africa and somehow they are being duped to make amends,balancing of equations.
EVERY EQUATION MUST BE BALANCED.

You must be a CROOK.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by gwarotango: 2:02pm On Oct 04, 2019
Bloody Afonja criminal. Straight to the gallows!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by CyberWolf: 2:03pm On Oct 04, 2019
immortalityk:
Yorubas and tech
what is savvy about this? This is just the same tools invictus and other BEC/Ali boys use, the difference is just finishing. Source for emails online, create a page and then bomb those emails with the page, viola.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by Candycrushy(f): 2:07pm On Oct 04, 2019
NGRsenate:
Nawa o

You scam people in the US and still ship proceeds of your scam to people with addresses in the US?

I’m sure he used gmail

I’m sure he used the computer he was using for this to check his private emails and Facebook and Twitter on the same browser window where he does his other black stuff
How come you are more experienced than the suspect...

I’m sure he was using his home wifi with a US vpn or even without a vpn sef

There were probably too many breadcrumbs. There are Albanian credit card fraudsters in the US, plenty, but you hardly hear about one getting caught.

Blacks naturally tend to be unwise.
Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by logan2(m): 2:08pm On Oct 04, 2019
henryobinna:
funny people

so ordinary phishing is the talent the whole US wants to explore . chai.

I'm disappointed in Nigerian youth.
you fit create "hello page" undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by m140(m): 2:12pm On Oct 04, 2019
signature2012:

How do you know all this?
Are you a Yahoo boiiiiiiiiiiiii?
If you tech savy , you should understand this

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by engrchykae(m): 2:12pm On Oct 04, 2019
frosbel2:

You must be a CROOK.

and you must be more RIGHTEOUS than GOD OR NATURE.
the one who is the anchor between matter and energy.
in this life,every debt must be PAID IN FULL.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 04, 2019
NGRsenate:
Nawa o

You scam people in the US and still ship proceeds of your scam to people with addresses in the US?

That’s the thing about crime....u can’t cover all the loop holes if u decide to stay for too long and no go legit...when u are caught it now looks like you were stupid....but in actual fact, deciding to do crime is the first unwise move..cos there’s no right way to do a wrong thing.....
I realized this when the bankers stealing mutilated notes got caught in ibadan....that’s supposed to the biggest easiest perfect crime ever....why ??
Every crime is debit and credit...u falsefully take from somewhere and put elsewhere....but the mutilated notes where going to be burnt....no one is gonna noticed they were gone...but still one sleeky CBN auditor figured it all out..without catching them in the act

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by Cousin9999: 2:15pm On Oct 04, 2019
He should have sold in a different market. He could have made way more than 1M. And who told him to hide in Canada?
Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by anambraamaka: 2:15pm On Oct 04, 2019
Wire Wire
Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by magicminister: 2:16pm On Oct 04, 2019
People run from Nigeria for better opportunities. What I don’t understand is how they still involve themselves with crimes and dishonesty despite living in a better country

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by dave4rella(m): 2:17pm On Oct 04, 2019
grin
I came to check names and I wasn't disappointed
Our pepper brothers never fails when it comes to fraud

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by ceejayluv(m): 2:17pm On Oct 04, 2019
tayebest:
This guy na brain box shocked America will keep him somewhere until we don't hear about him again and they will eventually explore his talents.
Yeah, in the Gulag....
Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by etrouble: 2:17pm On Oct 04, 2019
immortalityk:
Yorubas and tech

Technology is not for criminality. He should be given long jail term.

I am a Yoruba boy, no bastard should disgrace my tribe.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by agbajor27: 2:23pm On Oct 04, 2019
einsteine:

What is this one saying?

Is he more talented than Trevor Graves, who hacked the FBI and NSA and is now doing fifteen years in US prison?

Or , Xzavyer Narvaeza, valedictorian who is now doing 10 years?

He is not even a proper hacker. Just a script kiddie utilizing simple phishing techniques.

I wonder where you guys heard that America employs run-of-the-mill criminals on account of "talents'.

Dude has no talent. anybody who can do a google search can do this.
God bless you for enlightening this brother. You're a patroit!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by Cousin9999: 2:25pm On Oct 04, 2019
1StopRudeness:

That’s the thing about crime....u can’t cover all the loop holes...when u are caught it now looks like you were stupid....but in actual fact, deciding to do crime is the first unwise move..cos there’s no right way to do a wrong thing.....

Actually, there are lots of people involved in criminal activities who never get caught. They're usually the ones that don't get greedy, and they use the money to start legitimate businesses.

You also have to remember that roughly half (general estimate) of the world's rich or wealthy were put there by crime and the other half engage in terribly unethical acts at a minimum to get/stay where they are. Most wealthy oyinbos in America owned slaves, were bootleggers, were mafia, had brothels, and etc. Rich Chinese "businessmen" are often just mafia laundering money, or the money started from mafia. Rich Euros primarily exist from African colony wealth.

I'm not saying crime is acceptable. I just think people should call all the criminals out.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by Cousin9999: 2:28pm On Oct 04, 2019
magicminister:
People run from Nigeria for better opportunities. What I don’t understand is how they still involve themselves with crimes and dishonesty despite living in a better country

Because they quickly learn that these countries are nothing like the films they watch or like what family abroad tells them, and they get desperate maybe. IDK

Some of them are part of criminal organizations that operate all over the world. They only go abroad to expand or maintain.
Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by grandstar(m): 2:29pm On Oct 04, 2019
internationalman:
He should be extradited to Nigeria..

Will they, the US allow their citizen to rot in a Nigerian jail even if the crime was committed in Nigeria..

Even if they agree to extradite him now they will still inject him with chemicals that will traumatise him with mental imbalance for the rest of his life ..

Wicked people

Where do you people get all these your facts from?

As long as the man is not on death row, America may not intervene. There are Americans rotting in jails all over the world.

Why will they inject him? My in-law who was into credit card fraud when in the US was deported after spending 3 years in prison there. No injection whatsoever. They simply just deport you so you won't have the luxury of committing further crimes on their soil. That is what happens to the thousands of Latinos they deport.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 04, 2019
einsteine:

What is this one saying?

Is he more talented than Trevor Graves, who hacked the FBI and NSA and is now doing fifteen years in US prison?

Or , Xzavyer Narvaeza, valedictorian who is now doing 10 years?

He is not even a proper hacker. Just a script kiddie utilizing simple phishing techniques.

I wonder where you guys heard that America employs run-of-the-mill criminals on account of "talents'.

Dude has no talent. anybody who can do a google search can do this.

Travor vravest only hack his sch professor computer and not fbi ooo
Check ur fact oga

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by Germannig: 2:34pm On Oct 04, 2019
tayebest:
This guy na brain box shocked America will keep him somewhere until we don't hear about him again and they will eventually explore his talents.

What is the brain boxt here? Just fishing and collecting emails is that talent? I hope they kill him in jail. Petty thieves
Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by Nature8(m): 2:36pm On Oct 04, 2019
LastSurvivor11:
$1m = #355,000,000.. Bois don touch money shaa..
grin
Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by Neshietdebayzman(m): 2:37pm On Oct 04, 2019
LastSurvivor11:
$1m = #355,000,000..
Bois don touch money shaa..
Such comment speaks of suicide. Hope you don't tend to commit suicide? Pls don't if that's what's you're thinking of.
Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 04, 2019
tayebest:
. Which talent? Convincing some idiots to release card details, then making purchases with in he cards? That's not the kind of talent Americans are looking for

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 04, 2019
NGRsenate:
Nawa o

I’m sure he used gmail

I’m sure he used the computer he was using for this to check his private emails and Facebook and Twitter on the same browser window where he does his other black stuff

I’m sure he was using his home wifi with a US vpn or even without a vpn sef

There were probably too many breadcrumbs. There are Albanian credit card fraudsters in the US, plenty, but you hardly hear about one getting caught.

3 gbosa for you. Na sabi boy you be

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by Sylraph1: 2:45pm On Oct 04, 2019
Las las,this one Na CRIME KNOWS NO TRIBE
Some people already avoiding the thread like PLAGUE.
Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by realestniggah: 2:46pm On Oct 04, 2019
You see the fraud this.. The USA is the worst place to do it...that car you are driving you will explain to them where how you got it. That why the like of mopha and hush puppi take dubai as a safe place. They don't leave dubai because they know their own is finish..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NSCDC Officer, Bulus Sanda, Killed By Kidnappers In Kaduna State / Mass Burial For 10 People Killed In Kaduna By Fulani Herdsmen (Photos) / Kano Kids Rescued From The South Say Their Peers Avoid Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.